BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lashers new boss

Blackpool have named former West Ham United assistant Neil McDonald as their new manager on a one-year rolling deal.

Lee Clark resigned as manager of the Seasiders last month after the club were relegated from the Championship with 26 points from 46 games.

McDonald, Sam Allardyce's number two at Upton Park, left the Hammers along with Allardyce at the end of the season.

"It's going to be hard work, of course, but it is great to be here," the 49-year-old told the club website.

"I'm excited to be a number one. I've waited my turn. This is a massive football club so it's a challenge that I am really up for."

Deluded before he has started !

Should fit in well at the seaside

Good luck to Neil McDonald at Blackpool.

I hope he does very well there and gets them up

Pity he hasn't got his first managerial chance at a more stable club, those years working as big Sam's no. 2 should stand him in good stead though.

Brown did well for Hull after working for Sam and hasn't he just got Southend promoted too.

I'd swap him for GB and take a chance ,either of them actually.

ps, He can't really go wrong can he ? if he only lasts 6 months, Sam will probably have a new PL job by then and

they'll be back together.

And people say no-one would want to come to Rovers!!

Good luck Neil. Should've been you instead of the imposter.

I thought Neil McDonald might have replace Sam Allardyce as manager when Sam decide he wanted to move on/leave from Rovers. but we all know what happen tho

He was in charge for 3 games at Rovers when Sam Allardyce had to miss 3 games due to a Heart Op(I think)

He won at Bolton 2 nil, Lost away to Fulham and draw nil nil against Stoke at Ewood Park

Pity he hasn't got his first managerial chance at a more stable club, those years working as big Sam's no. 2 should stand him in good stead though.

McDonald was manager at Carlisle and finished 8th in League 1 but was sacked the following season after 1 game(I think)

I thought Neil McDonald might have replace Sam Allardyce as manager when Sam decide he wanted to move on/leave from Rovers. but we all know what happen tho

He was in charge for 3 games at Rovers when Sam Allardyce had to miss 3 games due to a Heart Op(I think)

He won at Bolton 2 nil, Lost away to Fulham and draw nil nil against Stoke at Ewood Park

Didn't he win a cup match at Ewood?

McDonald was manager at Carlisle and finished 8th in League 1 but was sacked the following season after 1 game(I think)

Didn't know he had managed before, from his comments it sounded like it was his first time as a number 1, "waited my turn" etc,

As I recall, McDonald's prompted the best performance of the Allardyce era while Sam was off ill, an exhilarating Carling Cup tie against Everton when he played Kalinic in a 3 pronged attack whereas Sam if he did play him left him isolated on his own up front.

Good luck to him, he'll have his work cut out under the Oystons, however he strikes me as a very old school football man who won't tolerate any of the nonsense of last season such as only having 4 or 5 registered players at 9a.m. on the opening day of the season etc.

As I recall, McDonald's prompted the best performance of the Allardyce era while Sam was off ill, an exhilarating Carling Cup tie against Everton when he played Kalinic in a 3 pronged attack whereas Sam if he did play him left him isolated on his own up front.

Chelsea it was, the 3-3 QF game and we won on pens, but yep Kalinic scored two that night.

An excellent appointment by Blackpool.

And some fans wonder if Rovers would be able to attract anyone decent !

Would take McDonald over Bowyer any day of the week.

Friend of my mine down there said McDonald has played a huge part in West Ham's success over last four years, just as he did with Sam at Ewood.

• Backroom

An excellent appointment by Blackpool.

And some fans wonder if Rovers would be able to attract anyone decent !

Would take McDonald over Bowyer any day of the week.

Friend of my mine down there said McDonald has played a huge part in West Ham's success over last four years, just as he did with Sam at Ewood.

Including you, Mr. High Horse.

Didn't he win a cup match at Ewood?

If I recall correctly Suart he was in charge of all of the league cup games during the season we made it to the semi finals against villa, beating Chelsea in the quarters, then Sam took charge for the semi...

Hope he does well at Blackpool.

Chelsea it was, the 3-3 QF game and we won on pens, but yep Kalinic scored two that night.

Thanks, you're right it was.

I witnessed a bit of a training session taken by McDonald at Brockhall once. It was a sort of keep all session involving a few players. There were no tactics, none of McDonald's language was repeatable but it was basically a case of get stuck in. The tackles flying in made me and the players wince and I was wondering if there would be anyone left fit for Saturday.

If I recall correctly Suart he was in charge of all of the league cup games during the season we made it to the semi finals against villa, beating Chelsea in the quarters, then Sam took charge for the semi...

Hope he does well at Blackpool.

Cheers. I thought I remembered a highlight from one of his games. One of the most exciting games I've seen at Ewood in the last 10 years.

Hey retard, I've always said there would be a queue of very decent managers stretching down Nuttall Street.

1. Bang out of order Mercerman. I think you need to apologise or take a sabbatical until you get your attitude in order.

2. Who says MacDonald is a decent manager? He's never been one till now.

• Backroom

Hey retard, I've always said there would be a queue of very decent managers stretching down Nuttall Street.

Dearie me. Wrong disability mate, I'm deaf. In any case, I'd thank you not to use disability-related hate words.

Also get your own words right. You regularly say there are many better than Bowyer (correct) and have previously stated that no decent manager would come here if we're under FFP. That contradicts what you say here.

When's Raya getting 'snapped up by a PL club', btw?

This type of language is becoming far more frequent on here and it is bang out of order. With all due respect to the mods they need to start tackling it.

He must be desperate for a job if he's hooked up with that lot. His standing in the game as Big Sams assistant is thought to be high so surely he could do better ? Then again if it doesn't work he can just blame the shambles I suppose.

Dearie me. Wrong disability mate, I'm deaf. In any case, I'd thank you not to use disability-related hate words.

Also get your own words right. You regularly say there are many better than Bowyer (correct) and have previously stated that no decent manager would come here if we're under FFP. That contradicts what you say here.

When's Raya getting 'snapped up by a PL club', btw?

I apologise.

I was unaware that you have a disability.

I should not have used the word in any event.

I will be taking a self imposed sabbatical.

Archived