BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we signed Gestede I looked at his scoring record and after his first performance I called him a "downgraded version of Leon Best"!

So you never know, Rovers might be able to get the best out of Davies (if we sign him) like they have done with Rudy. Davies poor goalscoring record is better than Rudy's when he joined us.

I didn't. I watched him come on as sub and play the final 5 mins home to Ewood and thought he was hopeless. Next game v Sheff Wed I was very impressed with his qualities even though it finished 0-0 with Wed being the better team. He really stood out for me and brought aerial ability to the team which we have not seen for quite a time. Rest of that season he went from strength to strength. His touch on the ground will let him down in the Prem against quality footballing CH's but if a club keeps it in the air for him he's a real handful and Prem CH's won't relish playing against him.

Are you sure that was Chris brown you were looking at? I don't normally get involved in criticising players but brown was poor whenever I saw him last year. The job of a striker or any forward player is primarily to score goals, to threaten to score goals or to help others score goals. Which of those did he do regularly when played?

Browns strength is to play in the hole and hold the ball up with his back to goal. He's no all round striker but it can be a valuable talent if the rest of the team is set up correctly to exploit it.

Like I said before, I'm sure Bowyer will discuss why Tom Cairney was sold and the reasons behind it when he does some Media interviews later this week(so I am told).

Lets hope so.

Box to box midfielder we lack.

Even if we bought a box-to-box midfielder, Bowyer wouldn't have a clue how to use them. Both Tunnicliffe and Spearing have come in and done little in my eyes, apart from play that dreadful holding role, that Bowyer absolutely loves.

On another note, if Craig Davies turns up, I will not be parting with my hard earned cash! Surely we've got someone in the youth set-up which is better than that!

I actually like Chris Brown.

Adds another little bit to us, he caused Sheffield Wednesday all sorts of problems last season and if we can get those performances more often from him then he will be a useful asset.

Never a goal scorer but you can see defenders trying to stick on him which in turn allows a strike partner more room.

Plus I like the battering ram approach.

I didn't go to Sheff Wed but I had him down as MoM v Bolton at Ewood. Next time he played he was awful though.

Tom Cairney's tweets on twitter about Rovers and Fulham

Everyone understands football is an unpredictable occupation, one minute I'm looking forward to pre season at brockhall the next I'm at

Fulham.. I will treasure the memories I have at ewood for the rest of my life, I have to say the friends I made at rovers players staff and

Supporters are very dear to me and I thankyou for all the kind wishes I have received.. I wish rovers every success and hope promotion is

Achieved.. Hopefully my new club can join them! I have nothing but thanks love and respect for everyone connected to this great club

And thankyou to the gaffa for turning me into a better player! #coyb

Everyone understands football is an unpredictable occupation, one minute I'm looking forward to pre season at brockhall the next I'm at

Fulham.. I will treasure the memories I have at ewood for the rest of my life, I have to say the friends I made at rovers players staff and

Supporters are very dear to me and I thankyou for all the kind wishes I have received.. I wish rovers every success and hope promotion is

Achieved.. Hopefully my new club can join them! I have nothing but thanks love and respect for everyone connected to this great club

Top Lad, not many players say the sentiments of the above about there former club!

oh dear, that won't go down well on here :lol:

Well I wish him well. If I'm alone in that it's a sad indictment of our fans attitude towards former players.

Not saying you're alone. It's not all former players for me. I just didn't like the process by which he left and, in particular, the way that Rovers seemed to be short changed on the price. But in the end, if I choose to let my bitterness imprison me, it's my choice LOL!

Not saying you're alone. It's not all former players for me. I just didn't like the process by which he left and, in particular, the way that Rovers seemed to be short changed on the price. But in the end, if I choose to let my bitterness imprison me, it's my choice LOL!

Understood ;)

You must have got the wrong Tom Cairney there CR.

The one that's left BRFC is supposed to hate Bowyer, and has been forced out as the first episode in the winding up of the football club.

According to the experts on here :) :)

Archived