BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like Chris Brown.

Adds another little bit to us, he caused Sheffield Wednesday all sorts of problems last season and if we can get those performances more often from him then he will be a useful asset.

Never a goal scorer but you can see defenders trying to stick on him which in turn allows a strike partner more room.

Plus I like the battering ram approach.

Whilst I'd do anything to avoid the Willowe pairing that I'm terrified we'll see again at some stage next season I certainly wouldn't be bothering with Spearing. No wonder he couldn't get in a relatively poor Bolton side the guy is pants. No better or worse than what we already have and way too similar. We need something different to try and compliment what we've got but I can just see Bowyer going safe and signing him.

Whilst he's somehow brought in a few decent bodies I think a major downside of his management is being unable to get partnerships to compliment each other in all key areas of the pitch. Apart from up front where he only seems to sign big lumps of varying ability partnerships never get chance to gel anyway because of all the needless swapping about.

Player development .....? Maybe. Team development..no !

Brockhall housing development maybe?

Brown is amongst the worst handful players I've seen in a Rovers shirt. Makes Varney look quite useful in comparison albeit neither can score. I expected him to start off slowly having been injured and out of action for so long but he actually seemed to get worse the more he played. He might improve slightly with a full close season behind him but I'm really not holding my breath. If GB isn't trying to offload him after what we've witnessed from him thus far then that says a lot about the manager imo.

Never thought I'd say it but I think you have to consider bringing Best back into the fold if either Rhodes or Gestede depart. Despite his possible effect on dressing room morale Best on a bad day is better than Brown on a good day imo.

I've seen some duff centre forwards in my time at Ewood including the likes of Frank Lord, Alan Gilliver, Martin Britt and John O'Mara to name but a few, however, IMV, Brown is comfortably the worse by some distance.

Brown is amongst the worst handful players I've seen in a Rovers shirt. Makes Varney look quite useful in comparison albeit neither can score. I expected him to start off slowly having been injured and out of action for so long but he actually seemed to get worse the more he played. He might improve slightly with a full close season behind him but I'm really not holding my breath. If GB isn't trying to offload him after what we've witnessed from him thus far then that says a lot about the manager imo.

Never thought I'd say it but I think you have to consider bringing Best back into the fold if either Rhodes or Gestede depart. Despite his possible effect on dressing room morale Best on a bad day is better than Brown on a good day imo.

Never. Best has finished himself with us. After what went on behind closed doors i don't think he will ever step foot on the pitch for us again.

Give me a Brown over a talented, lazy, abhorrent cretin who is wasting his talent every day. I don't get it with "Besty" the talent to be a Troy Deeney type player and can't be bothered to put the effort in. On his day the undoubted potential to be handful yet wasting away via unproductive loan spells where he was booed by both teams set of fans. Don't for one minute tell me its up to Gaz to get a tune out of him either, if his ex manager (Hughton) where he had his best spell as a player at Newcastle in the PL and McClaren a great coach cant get it out of him then hes finished.

We've enough flair in Rhodes to complement Brown at times. Brown is the donkey/work horse.

Brown aint a world beater, he's not even a patch on Rudy but he has got something to add hence he was Doncaster's Championship poty.

Gestede wants to go to according to most. Transfer window proper doesn't open for a couple of days. Once clubs get back to training, well start to see things moving. But don't forget, they can move right up to the start of sept, which is one thing that's. Always annoyed me. If you're going to have a window limiting transfer activity then it should close once the season starts

Might be clutching at straws but still only cairney out the door thus far and its well known there was no other option, he wanted to go.

Did he want to go though? I've seen or heard nothing official that suggests he requested to leave Rovers.

Many are assuming this is the way it went and that because of the wages Fulham were offering or the position they will play him in he wanted to go there.

I'd say it is just as likely that someone, whether that be Venkys, Shaw or Bowyer, decided that the £2-3 million on offer was worth taking for a player that last season caused repeated selection headaches and whose obvious talent wasn't put to the maximum use.

Cairney clearly wasn't going to reject a move to Fulham, but we don't know whether he demanded or pushed for a move.

This is the clear problem with the way the club is operating at the moment. If the club had come out last week and said they were allowing him to move on for financial reasons or because he wanted to move for a better wage then most people could accept that. If his relationship with Bowyer had deteriorated then it would make sense. If it has been done to ensure the embargo gets lifted then that would make some sense, although would still be a bizarre decision given we can't replace him until January at the earliest with a cash buy.

But instead the club produces one of the most disgraceful statements imaginable. Merely confirming he had moved to Fulham (17th in Championship last season) with absolutely no reasoning given, no comments from Shaw/Bowyer/Cairney or thanks to the player from the club or vice versa. A shameful yet all too familiar way of doing business after our ridiculous turnover of players in recent years.

A few more lines on the website would have made a big difference to how people view the club and the supporters mood going forward into the new season. Instead we're all now left speculating as to what is going on as the club offloads its best players to the likes of Fulham.

There was a line coming from rovers regarding cairney, it went

'Blackburn rovers would like to thank Tom cairney for making us a nice profit, if only more of our top players would have his attitude in wanting to move to make us more money'.

This is the clear problem with the way the club is operating at the moment. If the club had come out last week and said they were allowing him to move on for financial reasons or because he wanted to move for a better wage then most people could accept that. If his relationship with Bowyer had deteriorated then it would make sense. If it has been done to ensure the embargo gets lifted then that would make some sense, although would still be a bizarre decision given we can't replace him until January at the earliest with a cash buy.

But instead the club produces one of the most disgraceful statements imaginable. Merely confirming he had moved to Fulham (17th in Championship last season) with absolutely no reasoning given, no comments from Shaw/Bowyer/Cairney or thanks to the player from the club or vice versa. A shameful yet all too familiar way of doing business after our ridiculous turnover of players in recent years.

A few more lines on the website would have made a big difference to how people view the club and the supporters mood going forward into the new season. Instead we're all now left speculating as to what is going on as the club offloads its best players to the likes of Fulham.

Like I said before, I'm sure Bowyer will discuss why Tom Cairney was sold and the reasons behind it when he does some Media interviews later this week(so I am told).

Tunnicliffe becoming surplus to requirements?! Hope so

Lets hope so.

Box to box midfielder we lack.

Please not Quinn! I know it's daft but I still have memories of the dirty little guy doing us years ago and saying then that at least we didn't have players like him playing for us. I know beggars can't really be choosers but given any kind of choice I wouldn't have quinn

Please not Quinn! I know it's daft but I still have memories of the dirty little guy doing us years ago and saying then that at least we didn't have players like him playing for us. I know beggars can't really be choosers but given any kind of choice I wouldn't have quinn

Sure you're not confusing him with Stephen Hunt?

Archived