BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably right, it's probably a done deal they seem to agree these things when they get them on loan these days. I'm surprised no one is sniffing around Evans, might make a half decent cheap signing for someone. The other week I was going on about maybe doing some smart trading to get a few quid in and freshen up the squad without selling the top guys but I was thinking get a few quid for Evans and/or Hanley as I don't think it would be difficult to replace either of those even from the bargain bin.

I was never really a big fan of Cairney although I know he's talented but he was very annoying to watch just ambling around the pitch. Wouldn't have sold him but next season I'd have been kicking him up the backside regularly if I was manager and benching him if he didn't respond. He's always going to be one of those who can change a game coming on from the bench. Seeing Spearing come in permanently to replace him would be very very poor imo. Lowe will be accommodated in the team again somewhere next season so wouldn't be a big surprise to see him on the right :blink:

Probably right, it's probably a done deal they seem to agree these things when they get them on loan these days. I'm surprised no one is sniffing around Evans, might make a half decent cheap signing for someone. The other week I was going on about maybe doing some smart trading to get a few quid in and freshen up the squad without selling the top guys but I was thinking get a few quid for Evans and/or Hanley as I don't think it would be difficult to replace either of those even from the bargain bin.

I was never really a big fan of Cairney although I know he's talented but he was very annoying to watch just ambling around the pitch. Wouldn't have sold him but next season I'd have been kicking him up the backside regularly if I was manager and benching him if he didn't respond. He's always going to be one of those who can change a game coming on from the bench. Seeing Spearing come in permanently to replace him would be very very poor imo. Lowe will be accommodated in the team again somewhere next season so wouldn't be a big surprise to see him on the right :blink:

Neither Hanley or Evans would be a great loss based on last seasons performances, and we'd get a bit of money for both. Maybe Henry on loan again might be viable on a season-long loan. Austin may bring a bit of presence to our midfield, he's a big unit who can put it about a bit and he's more mobile than Williamson. Spearing isn't worth the wages if he really is on £20k per week.

• Backroom

Spearing had a good debut here then as predicted by Bolton fans was terrible after that, he consistently lost the ball

Spearing was bowyer's first choice as a signing over cairney let's not forget. If Bolton hadn't signed him ahead of us we'd have never got cairney..

I don't see it that way. I believe Spearing was coming and that's why we didn't sign Dave Jones and he ended up playing a large p;art in Burnley's promotion. Then Bolton gazzumped us with Spearing.

Neither Hanley or Evans would be a great loss based on last seasons performances, and we'd get a bit of money for both. Maybe Henry on loan again might be viable on a season-long loan. Austin may bring a bit of presence to our midfield, he's a big unit who can put it about a bit and he's more mobile than Williamson. Spearing isn't worth the wages if he really is on £20k per week.

Agree on all points. 'Presence' that's the word and it's something we lack in the middle and have done for ages. It's needed in this div in the midfield as well as up front and at the back. Both Evans and Lowe would probably look better with a proper midfielder paired along side.

I don't see it that way. I believe Spearing was coming and that's why we didn't sign Dave Jones and he ended up playing a large p;art in Burnley's promotion. Then Bolton gazzumped us with Spearing.

I'll politely disagree and stand by things as I see it..

Or when needed to fight against relegation with a weak squad. Mark Hughes 1st season saw him play necessary 'gritty' and unattractive football to keep us in the Prem. Ince played passing football and was taking us down, Allardyce's variety saved our bacon. Same on a number of occasions when TP's safety first version prevented relegation. You should know better than to propose chasing an impossible dream of attractive passing football with a squad of poor players Simon.

Occasionally style has to be sacrificed for substance when you're scrapping for survival but I'm talking about a general year in year out basis.

Howard Kendal football I.e. winning things, yes please. Sam Allardyce football ( not enjoying the football and no chance of winning anything) no thanks.

Again I'm talking generally, mid table and little entertainment might not be a disaster next season until the embargo is lifted.

And hypothetically give me dull games, 23 1-0 wins and 23 0-0 draws any day of the week. 92 points and automatic promotion.

• Backroom

If he does then like the Varney signing his agent must have a very very strong influence over Bowyer.

Nothing to do with having played under Terry McPhillips then?

If he does then like the Varney signing his agent must have a very very strong influence over Bowyer.

Strong influence? What a load of rubbish Jal.

I think its time you accept That Bowyer is in charge of transfers. It was his decision to let Cairney and the owners back him.

I'm not too disappointed by the sale of cairney, I thought he showed glimpses of fantastic ability but went missing too often in games... Mind you being played out wide on your wrong foot also doesn't help.

The point to remember is, bowyer couldn't make good use of him and so he has cashed in on him.

Players like Conway, Rhodes and gestede all played effectively and bowyer knew how to use them.

Whether they are sold or not is not up to us but I think he'd rather keep those players... And if he can't... Then he'll try to get top price for them.

All in all... It's a long summer with the likelihood of losing good players higher than it has been for a while.

But at the end of the day bowyer still wants to do the best he can, both for the club and for his own CV!

• Moderation Lead

Spearing was bowyer's first choice as a signing over cairney let's not forget. If Bolton hadn't signed him ahead of us we'd have never got cairney..

Wasn't it Spearing he tried to sign instead of David Jones, after that loan spell?

Strong influence? What a load of rubbish Jal.

I think its time you accept That Bowyer is in charge of transfers. It was his decision to let Cairney and the owners back him.

Bowyer does as he's told chaddy bout time you accept it

Rovers linked Craig Davies and Nicky Maynard.

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13358325.Ex_Bolton_striker_Craig_Davies_tipped_to_replace_Rudy_Gestede_at_Rovers/

Also Morris is leaving Rovers for a league 1 club.

Gestede for Craig Davies. Well at least he'll be another to keep Fevre busy. He may bag a few in league one for us too season after next.

Been off the net for five days, come back and Cairney is gone and from Kammys "escalator" tweets sounds like Gestede, Rhodes and Marshall could go too... Bit depressing.

Inclined to agree that it sounds like Venkys are cutting and running - which in the short term is very bad news, but let's not forget in the longer term it is great news as it is the only way the club can recover. Providing we don't fold in the interim of course...

Archived