BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

if someone had said to me monday morning rovers will sell a player for 3.5k by friday cairney would not been one of my 1st 5 picks,stop bloody moaning and support your team in the close season,come august and wolves beat us by 3 or 4 thats the time to moan.this week brfc 1 you fooking moaners 0

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me the output is poor in relation to the facilities. One top player every other blue moon. Not good enough.

Spot on.

A consequence of employing 3rd rate staff.

Think we can now see the impact of the dumbing-down of football staff which has been ongoing for years now and Bowyer has played a big part in this. Recruiting from Carlisle (Kinder, goalkeeping coach) says it all.

Spot on.

Think we can now see the impact of the dumbing-down of football staff which has been ongoing for years now and Bowyer has played a big part in this. Recruiting from Carlisle (Kinder, goalkeeping coach) says it all.

we are not going to attract class staff,does this not sink in.yet when rovers got mcdonald from carlilse he was the bees knees

Spot on.

That will be the same Kinder whose u21 players are about to be poached by Premiership clubs (according to you - any developments on that by the way?)

Spot on.

I thought we recruited from GBs stag do and wedding party? Best Man, Ushers and the guy who could @#/? round corners.

Edit: is there summat up with the MB - it keeps double posting?

I thought we recruited from GBs stag do and wedding party? Best Man, Ushers and the guy who could @#/? round corners.

Edit: is there summat up with the MB - it keeps double posting?

what a team in your sig,were are u in asia

he was slagged off on here when we signed him by virtually everyone.

Not quite, but either way hows that relevant, he's proven he can do a good job at his level with Brentford but the mighty gb as usual didn't have a clue what to do with him, Bowyer is a very poor manager of players and that's that.

Watford are offering 5 million pounds plus 4 million pounds in add on's for Gestede.

Personal terms have been sorted.

Rovers owners are considering the offer the weekend but seem set to accept.

Source is today's Sun Paper

i said hed go for 10 million

Seems to me the output is poor in relation to the facilities. One top player every other blue moon. Not good enough.

Agree - but maybe we would get better youngsters into the academy if they could see more of them had a shot at reaching the first team.

Not saying a reliance on the acadamy is ideal, but currently I would prefer it to bringing in the old, slow journeymen we have been linked to.

i said hed go for 10 million

From what I have read we are still waiting for some of the add-ons from the phil jones sale so I think it is best to think of it as 5 mil.

Strange tale ... but Leeds are interested in John McGinn but we apparently are in pole position having already offered personal terms i never even heard of him but a quick google search says he's a 21 year old midfielder who has let his contract run down at St. Mirren , technically good left sided midfielder (Cairney clone ??) Celtic were credited with an interest in Jan .... source is a relation of the wife who's been a sports journo for local rags in yorkshire and humberside ..... he said last year Rhodes was in deffo signing for Hull and under going medical , so has been know to be wrong

Very interesting if true - as he is under 24, would St Mirren be due a fee (no matter how small) even though he is out of contract ?

Agree - but maybe we would get better youngsters into the academy if they could see more of them had a shot at reaching the first team.

Not saying a reliance on the acadamy is ideal, but currently I would prefer it to bringing in the old, slow journeymen we have been linked to.

From what I have read we are still waiting for some of the add-ons from the phil jones sale so I think it is best to think of it as 5 mil.

It isn't nice when you want United to win the Premiership and Watford to stay in it, just so we get add-ons paid up.

Watford are offering 5 million pounds plus 4 million pounds in add on's for Gestede.

Personal terms have been sorted.

Rovers owners are considering the offer the weekend but seem set to accept.

Source is today's Sun Paper

Just seen it I very suspect by Monday he's gone.. Watford trying to get in before Norwich especially as they may well lose troy Deeney

That will be the same Kinder whose u21 players are about to be poached by Premiership clubs (according to you - any developments on that by the way?)

Think you may find out in the coming weeks as it now seems everyone is up for grabs. .It's time for certain people to prove themselves by hanging on to what we can otherwise it may be a dogfight season never mind play off push

Very interesting if true - as he is under 24, would St Mirren be due a fee (no matter how small) even though he is out of contract ?

That will be the sticking point in our case

McGinn highly rated north of the border

I would have thought so , can we pay a fee ?? i thought we could up to £600k

we can it just suits the downers better

Its up to Shelfy or whoever will sanction the possibility of a fee when it's clearly been stated we're looking at loans or frees by GB

I would have thought so , can we pay a fee ?? i thought we could up to £600k

My understanding is that we can pay a fee, but the total of the deal should be no more than 600k inc transfer fee, wages and agent fees.

My understanding is that we can pay a fee, but the total of the deal should be no more than 600k inc transfer fee, wages and agent fees.

According to the Football League website clubs under an embargo are not allowed to pay a transfer fee of any kind. Also, wages, agents fees etc cannot be more than 600k.

Archived