BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the topic will only get interesting if we sell either of "them".

If we don't, then it'll be about WHEN we sell "them". Eventually at some stage (probabably at the end of the drawn out fiasco) we'll lose one, or maybe both, and we'll be enthusing about the recently acquired replacements from Clubs way down the league.

It is what it is.

Kamy, have you heard any rumours of who Bowyer is targeting as potential signings? Any names?

It surely will be a case of no idea until he knows who might be leaving. There isn't a lot of wriggle room with what we have here already which makes the decision to re offer terms to both Williamson and Chris Taylor all the more baffling. Maybe there was a clause or something with Williamson of having to re offer if he played a certain number of times.

Whatever potential targets he might be looking at will either be frees or very cheap and you can put your house on whatever comes in being much cheaper options than what we have now. And he will have to keep a couple of spaces back for loans in case of injuries.

It is difficult to see how the squad can be any better than last year under the circumstances we are operating under and as we have been saying for months could be potentially a whole lot worse if we lose ''them '' both. Where we ever get any decent players with PACE isn't easy to see whilst shopping at Poundland.

It is hard being enthusiastic about what lies ahead this season.

Season we went up our summer signings were:

Tom Heaton & Scott Arfield - both free. Can't say I was blown away at the time but they both proved to be inspired signings. Sometimes managers can utilise the free/loan market to great effect - or they get lucky - either way not being able to spend does not have to be all doom and gloom

• Moderation Lead

It surely will be a case of no idea until he knows who might be leaving. There isn't a lot of wriggle room with what we have here already which makes the decision to re offer terms to both Williamson and Chris Taylor all the more baffling. Maybe there was a clause or something with Williamson of having to re offer if he played a certain number of times.

Whatever potential targets he might be looking at will either be frees or very cheap and you can put your house on whatever comes in being much cheaper options than what we have now. And he will have to keep a couple of spaces back for loans in case of injuries.

It is difficult to see how the squad can be any better than last year under the circumstances we are operating under and as we have been saying for months could be potentially a whole lot worse if we lose ''them '' both. Where we ever get any decent players with PACE isn't easy to see whilst shopping at Poundland.

It is hard being enthusiastic about what lies ahead this season.

Williamson maybe, particularly given his age, but I wouldn't say so with Chris Taylor, mostly done well when given a chance. He wasn't on the retained list though I don't think?

Season we went up our summer signings were:

Tom Heaton & Scott Arfield - both free. Can't say I was blown away at the time but they both proved to be inspired signings. Sometimes managers can utilise the free/loan market to great effect - or they get lucky - either way not being able to spend does not have to be all doom and gloom

This is what I've been saying. FFP still allows some movement and it's not a total embargo. It also needn't involve flogging the best players but it's too much of a step out of the comfort zone for our lot I reckon. Bowyer to his credit has helped create a half decent squad on peanuts although it's been massively helped by having a nailed on 20 goal per season striker. The rebuild has been done, stability has been reached but now it's time to try and squeeze every last drop out of it and try and kick on even in our circumstances.

He gives the impression though that it's easier to trot out all the obvious excuses, hide behind them and wave the white flag. Something I doubt you'd ever get from a leader like Dyche for example.

Does anyone know what the crack is with Paul Taylor? Was he brought in as a pure loan or was it one of the usual Rovers loans where in reality he's signed a pre-contract and we're just waiting for 1st July?

In the one game I saw him, I didn't think he didn't look too bad.

Just curious really, won't lose any sleep either way.

Longsider,do you think Burnley will make a bid for either Gestede or Rhodes...your club has never been as cash rich in its entire history as it stands now!

I would be seriously asking questions if I was one of yours and no money is now spent...

I can't see Burnley spend 7 mil or more on a player. Didn't even do that in the PL so why would they now.

Expect that to bid for striker around 1 to 2 million pounds mark at best.

I agree that an embargo doesn't have to be a disaster. Our problem is that the club is such an utter shambles anyone half decent would rather go elsewhere all things being equal and we have little quality scouting. Sure FFP will be used as a ready excuse though.

@LicenceToPhil: Louis Van Gaal has shown interest in Blackburn striker Rudy Gestede, citing his aerial dominance as a major factor. [@MikeKeegan_DM] Just seen this on twitter, couldn't help but laugh 😂

@LicenceToPhil: Louis Van Gaal has shown interest in Blackburn striker Rudy Gestede, citing his aerial dominance as a major factor. [@MikeKeegan_DM] Just seen this on twitter, couldn't help but laugh

Not true. spoke to the Daily Mail journalist Mike Keegan who blocked this poster yesterday.

I wonder if Rovers would be interest in Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt on loan?

Seriously Chaddy which bit of we are skint don't you understand??

We are 3 or 4 grand a week wages at best.if we sell Rhodes or Gestede then I expect we would spend a good bit more on replacement goal getters but other than that forget it. It's balance the books time or at least try.

Does anyone know what the crack is with Paul Taylor? Was he brought in as a pure loan or was it one of the usual Rovers loans where in reality he's signed a pre-contract and we're just waiting for 1st July?

In the one game I saw him, I didn't think he didn't look too bad.

Just curious really, won't lose any sleep either way.

Rumours were he's likely to have a contract of some sort already in place. If he's a replacement for Varney then fair enough, I'm sure he can offer a bit more.

liked this line from duggie

“I felt some of our midfielders needed a passport to get in the other half.

liked this line from duggie

I felt some of our midfielders needed a passport to get in the other half.

If this is not the instruction from the manager then they should be dropped. But picking any two of Williamson, Evans and Lowe and this will happen. Who were our most used centre midfielders last season?

Archived