BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running around is fine but you need to interact with the ball and the opposition. He hasn't a decent tackle in him, lacks awareness, and is skipped past as easily as Keef Andrews was. Just lacks the pointing to be a clone of him.

Being an academy lad gives him too much rope in many quarters.

“When Jason Lowe comes back I’d like him to score more. He’s a good player but he needs to get in the penalty area more.

“He’s got the ability to get there, he’s a big lad, and he if does, he’ll enjoy it.” Bryan Douglas

Hmmmm this is a tough one. I'm not sure whether I should Duggie's opinion on Lowe or Rover_shauns. It's a tough one isn't it? :rolleyes: Think I'll go with Duggie's cos he goes to Ewood every home game whilst Rover Shaun packed in some time ago.

Bryan Douglas, probably the finest player ever to don a Blackburn Rovers shirt bar none, knows a good player when he see one.

"When Jason Lowe comes back I’d like him to score more. He’s a good player but he needs to get in the penalty area more.

“He’s got the ability to get there, he’s a big lad, and he if does, he’ll enjoy it.”

Some so-called fans take note.

Jim.... Question for you or anybody else old enough to comment. If Duggie was in his twenties now where would you play him and what formation would you play? (and 'any bloody where' isn't an option. ;) )

Why?

No, really. why? Just because he was a great player doesn't mean his opinion is any more valid than the next man's.

How about cos he's there every home game watching from the half way line in the JW Upper and you couldn't find Ewood with an AA road map. I realise you live a long way away and that's fair enough, suffice to say though that it's also why I don't take a lot of notice of yours on team matters.

The proof will be when he returns and continues to be bypassed, loose his man and generally average.

Another player built up to be Neymar whist injured in the minds of the Blackburb public. It even happened with Evans, and other assorted dollopers down the years.

First time I saw Evans he thumped in a cracking volley v Bolton. Suffice to say that he hasn't quite lived up to expectations since.

Stupid and needless comment at the end. Unless you are talking about the Jason Lowe Fan Club. Last time I checked opinions of individual players had no bearing on fan status.

It would be interesting to see Lowe further up the pitch where his lack of tackling ability wouldn't be so exposed. But that would mean dropping one of Rhodes, Cairney or Marshall. That would be a gamble.

Wouldn't be that much of a gamble when they don't turn up as happens quite a lot with those 3.

However if Lowe is meant to play deep but is urged to occasionally foray forward it simply means that one of the more attacking midfielders has to drop back a few yards to cover. Basic stuff tbh.

One hundred per cent correct Jim. Dougie was the best I've ever seen in a 'Blue & White' shirt and I would value his opinion on a player over anyone of us on this forum.

For varying reasons Duggie, Tugay and Shearer are the 3 stand out best that I have ever seen in the blue and white shirts. It'd have been great to see them in the same team that's for sure.

Our owners are not playing with a full deck though, big difference.

The burnley board are just greedy b******s.

Sensible. Money is only spent once gav. The Burnley board know the earning power of their club and they know how @#/? it can be when the books aren't going to balance and are acting accordingly. Too many of our lot were spoiled by the Walker years. All this enforced austerity which we are suffering now is totally new to them.

Danny Murphy was never a box to box midfielder. He was deep midfielder playmaker.

He was one of those who though who had good timing to get forward when he spotted the opportunity in his earlier Fulham days. Scored a few as well although a lot of pens prob. The fella had a good football brain but the main reason he flopped so bad at Rovers was his legs had completely gone. A very craftily engineered move was that one.

Is Gestede still at Rovers? I read the Daily Mail 3 weeks ago and it said that he was on the brink of signing for Watford for £5 million. Seems strange that he's still here if the deal was as good as done in May according to the ever reliable Daily Mail.

I see that Chris Sutton is up to his usual tricks. Now writing in the Daily Record that his beloved Celtic should sign Gestede. Never mind that Celtic could never afford him and their league is a poorer standard than ours, that doesn't stop Chris writing nonsense. Where do his loyalties actually lie?

Plus Sutton said that we are after 'ridiculous money'. Sorry, Chris. We'll just roll over and have our belly tickled shall we?

On another note I see that Tom Thorpe still hasn't found a club since his release from Utd. Now if we could cash in on Captain Marvel and bring this lad in, then that would be good business.

Sensible is one word for it Gordon.

When Coyle took them up the first thing the directors did was trouser their share of the cash, investment was minimal and it resulted in Coyle leaving.

This time they spent nothing, had no chance of staying up and will probably lose Dyche if a deal comes along that suits him. They went down before a ball was kicked.

Plus Sutton said that we are after 'ridiculous money'. Sorry, Chris. We'll just roll over and have our belly tickled shall we?

Its really bad form from a 'club legend'. Its one thing having anonymous agents and journalists stirring it up and speculating/unsettling our players and the club every week, its another when an ex-player of his standing is writing in the media encouraging another club to sign one of our best players. It wouldn't be quite as bad if Celtic were a genuine step up and a likely destination, but they have no money and an abysmal level of football to offer.

I suppose it is similar to when Kevin Gallacher was writing in the Newcastle press that they should make an approach to Mark Hughes when he was our manager. Bad form.

Sutton did the co-commentary on Rovers game late on the season before last I think and he was impressed with Rudy and has been banging the drum for someone to sign him ever since. To be fair he has been very critical when Rudy has been benched or subbed in games by Rovers and obviously rates him very highly. Does seem a bit over the top though in his desire to see him leave, agent friends perhaps.

Sensible is one word for it Gordon.

When Coyle took them up the first thing the directors did was trouser their share of the cash, investment was minimal and it resulted in Coyle leaving.

This time they spent nothing, had no chance of staying up and will probably lose Dyche if a deal comes along that suits him. They went down before a ball was kicked.

Flood and Kilby invested millions keeping the club afloat before Coyle got them up. What's wrong with taking a return on investment? Especially as Flood desperately needed it at the time post the property crash plus Kilby bought the ground and training ground didn't he in order to inject some cash into the club when they were left completely borassic after Dearing and Bond's disastrous tenure, so whats wrong with him selling it back once the club was financially strong? Burnley are now set up for years and an example to all town clubs. tbh They could easily see us off in the next few years.

Sutton did the co-commentary on Rovers game late on the season before last I think and he was impressed with Rudy and has been banging the drum for someone to sign him ever since. To be fair he has been very critical when Rudy has been benched or subbed in games by Rovers and obviously rates him very highly. Does seem a bit over the top though in his desire to see him leave, agent friends perhaps.

Sutton quite big press wise north of the border he's critical and trumpet blowing of Celtic at the same time .

Think we may see Chris going up a level in the media game in the not too distant future

His brother has just signed for St.Johnstone from Motherwell

He was one of those who though who had good timing to get forward when he spotted the opportunity in his earlier Fulham days. Scored a few as well although a lot of pens prob. The fella had a good football brain but the main reason he flopped so bad at Rovers was his legs had completely gone. A very craftily engineered move was that one.

was his agent not dasterdly and buckface

Watford to hold further talks with Rovers for Gestede

"Watford will look to add another striker to their ranks even if Deeney stays. A top target is Blackburns Rudy Gestede, with further talks about a possible fee planned

How about cos he's there every home game watching from the half way line in the JW Upper and you couldn't find Ewood with an AA road map.

Sounds like a true fan. Not the type to ditch his club to play GOLF.

Anyone watching BT sport and the England under 21

Just said the left back I think garbut is heavily linked to blackburn saying he's rejected Everton new deal to play every week

Commentator said it its between us and swansea

looks like he'll be heading to south wales then

Its really bad form from a 'club legend'. Its one thing having anonymous agents and journalists stirring it up and speculating/unsettling our players and the club every week, its another when an ex-player of his standing is writing in the media encouraging another club to sign one of our best players. It wouldn't be quite as bad if Celtic were a genuine step up and a likely destination, but they have no money and an abysmal level of football to offer.

I suppose it is similar to when Kevin Gallacher was writing in the Newcastle press that they should make an approach to Mark Hughes when he was our manager. Bad form.

Why ?

Unsettling our players ?...Gestede came out and said he wants away and Premier League football . Now...thats unsettling .

Hardly saying anything that most probably wont happen ....maybe Sutton has got Rovers at heart knowing we could really do with the brass Gestede could bring in ..

Anyone watching BT sport and the England under 21

Just said the left back I think garbut is heavily linked to blackburn saying he's rejected Everton new deal to play every week

Commentator said it its between us and swansea

If he wants to play then his best chance is at Rovers then?

Olsson moving to the left wing?

Swansea first choice left back Neil Taylor has just signed a new deal there(I Think)

Archived