BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

he has got a decent strike om him, was his goal not a long-range effort? The problem is he never gets forward because he's obviously under instruction to never cross the half-way line, so he never gets in position to at least try and score. Even if he got 3 or 4 goals a season it would make a huge difference. Same with Evans.

How can you judge that he has a decent strike on him from one long range goal. If he starts hitting them regularly like Bradley Johnson at Norwich or Harry Arter at Bournemouth then fair enough. As it is he is being hailed as the next messiah who is going to save us next season, when from what I've seen he is just an athlete who runs around a lot

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be interesting to see Lowe further up the pitch where his lack of tackling ability wouldn't be so exposed. But that would mean dropping one of Rhodes, Cairney or Marshall. That would be a gamble.

What? No, it wouldn't be a gamble. It would be madness. It would be Kim Jong Il in a padded room riding a pink, talking unicorn level madness.

And his tackling ability might stop being exposed, but then his passing ability and creative instincts would be brutally exposed. Sacrificing one of our best three attacking players (after Rudy trudges off) so that 'Jase the Ace' can have a 'right good go' at being a forward player is a horrendous idea, not just a gamble, sorry Stuart.

he has got a decent strike om him, was his goal not a long-range effort? The problem is he never gets forward because he's obviously under instruction to never cross the half-way line, so he never gets in position to at least try and score. Even if he got 3 or 4 goals a season it would make a huge difference. Same with Evans.

His goal was a long range effort against Middlesbrough, was a class strike I'm pretty sure it was goal of the season but I might be wrong. Not seen him strike a ball close to anything like that any other time he's got forward though, I wouldn't say he has a decent shot on him at all. Hope he proves me wrong next season though because there's no doubt if he's fit he'll be starting every game.

One swallow doesn't make a Spring. Lowe gets outscored by most of our centre halves. Even as a defensive midfielder under instructions to sit back quite a lot (though I suspect it's just his game as much as instructions), it's still unacceptable to have only scored one goal in 120 games, even with some of those at RB. Saying he has a decent strike is really pushing it. It was a brilliant goal, but I very much doubt we will see him score one like that again. If he can add goals to his game, then good, but really what we need to do is stop playing two DMs, as we are never going to manage more than five goals a season from the centre of midfield that way.

How can you judge that he has a decent strike on him from one long range goal. If he starts hitting them regularly like Bradley Johnson at Norwich or Harry Arter at Bournemouth then fair enough. As it is he is being hailed as the next messiah who is going to save us next season, when from what I've seen he is just an athlete who runs around a lot

Who hailed him as the new Messiah? He's an average footballer who also has the energy levels to get UP and down the pitch. if he gets UP the pitch he may score more goals. That's all i said.

What? No, it wouldn't be a gamble. It would be madness. It would be Kim Jong Il in a padded room riding a pink, talking unicorn level madness.

And his tackling ability might stop being exposed, but then his passing ability and creative instincts would be brutally exposed. Sacrificing one of our best three attacking players (after Rudy trudges off) so that 'Jase the Ace' can have a 'right good go' at being a forward player is a horrendous idea, not just a gamble, sorry Stuart.

I was thinking just having our midfield slightly more advanced than we do rather than have him in the hole as it were. Trying to close down earlier across the park and force the game a bit particularly at home. Maybe stagger it slightly with Evans just behind, we stand next to each other a few yards apart and get caught square all the time.

One swallow doesn't make a Spring. Lowe gets outscored by most of our centre halves. Even as a defensive midfielder under instructions to sit back quite a lot (though I suspect it's just his game as much as instructions), it's still unacceptable to have only scored one goal in 120 games, even with some of those at RB. Saying he has a decent strike is really pushing it. It was a brilliant goal, but I very much doubt we will see him score one like that again. If he can add goals to his game, then good, but really what we need to do is stop playing two DMs, as we are never going to manage more than five goals a season from the centre of midfield that way.

yep, that was the point i was making. Evans also showed he had the ability to do it early on in his career at ewood but he just sits back as well now. However, that's how Bowyer likes to play, 2 sitting midfielders and all our goal threat coming from the front two. With our lack of goal threat from elsewhere we need a 60-goal front 2 to get out of this division, unless we can reduce the goal conceded by 20 goals.

Anyway, i think this is getting a bit off-topic again ;)

Roque SC at 33 is still turning out for Paraguay in the Copa America. Worth a cheeky loan bid from his current club Cruz Azul of Mexico? A lame Roque would still be better than any of the dross being talked about on here!

• Backroom

I would have thought that two DMs just puts more of our shirts between the back 4 and the ball. Couldn't it be argued this would actually distract and pull our defenders out of position when they want to focus on the opposition?

No need to apologise, they are good points that you make.

It's just that I'm not allowed to be overly critical of everyone's favourite Rover Harrier. ;)

Touchy subject I know but brace ourselves for a cheeky bid from that lot I tell thee!

You're spending to much time over there SG, or you've been on the sauce!

They spent around £3.50p in the hope of staying in the premiership, so they'll not be shelling out 7m for a striker in the championship.

You're spending to much time over there SG, or you've been on the sauce!

They spent around £3.50p in the hope of staying in the premiership, so they'll not be shelling out 7m for a striker in the championship.

Do you or anybody else not find it funny that we did exactly the same, spent nothing to try and stay up, but then spent like a champions league team in the championship! Burnley board have more business acumen than to do that!

Longsider,do you think Burnley will make a bid for either Gestede or Rhodes...your club has never been as cash rich in its entire history as it stands now!

I would be seriously asking questions if I was one of yours and no money is now spent...

Not a chance - we couldn't afford any player with a big fee and big wages. So Rhodes for example would cost probably 20 million over 4 years assuming the current 40k figure is accurate meaning we'd have to better that. Even with the PL money we cannot do that. Having said that I hope we are considering the lines of Nugent who I believe is available. Big wages but no fee etc.

Do you or anybody else not find it funny that we did exactly the same, spent nothing to try and stay up, but then spent like a champions league team in the championship! Burnley board have more business acumen than to do that!

Our owners are not playing with a full deck though, big difference.

The burnley board are just greedy b******s.

One hundred per cent correct Jim. Dougie was the best I've ever seen in a 'Blue & White' shirt and I would value his opinion on a player over anyone of us on this forum.

Never saw him play but wont argue with the above statement !

My dad saw him play and onlh Finney was better ...

If you've ever spoken to Dougie you would realise just how knowledgeable he is about the game and players. The man has forgotten more about the game than you or I will ever know. Give me his opinion over fans like us any day.

Fair enough PB.

But, with that in mind, wouldn't you say that his critique of team play, tactics and Bowyer is also bang on the money?

Watford to hold further talks with Rovers for Gestede

"Watford will look to add another striker to their ranks even if Deeney stays. A top target is Blackburn’s Rudy Gestede, with further talks about a possible fee planned for this week."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/watford-reject-swansea-transfer-bid-5919091

Roque SC at 33 is still turning out for Paraguay in the Copa America. Worth a cheeky loan bid from his current club Cruz Azul of Mexico? A lame Roque would still be better than any of the dross being talked about on here!

He was real lame in his second stint back here and costing 90k pwk so forget it. Great technician but a lazy baresteward who really isn't suited to this league or the club the way it is now. There'll be no more fantasy signings here.....ever.

we need a box to box midfielder,a howard kendall or a gordon cowans,both past it when they arrived at ewood and both head and shoulders above anything we had.

The role Danny Murphy should have took, I'd be wary of signing any players of that ilk these days, it's not the 80's or 90's anymore.

Archived