BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

If this is not the instruction from the manager then they should be dropped. But picking any two of Williamson, Evans and Lowe and this will happen. Who were our most used centre midfielders last season?

According to Wiki- Evans (37+1), Willo (22+6), Tunni (10+7) & Spearing (12+3)

All of those are league apps only.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running around is fine but you need to interact with the ball and the opposition. He hasn't a decent tackle in him, lacks awareness, and is skipped past as easily as Keef Andrews was. Just lacks the pointing to be a clone of him.

Being an academy lad gives him too much rope in many quarters.

Running around is fine but you need to intetact with the ball and the opposition. He hasn't a decent tackle in him, lacks awareness, and is skipped past as easily as Keef Andrews was. Just lacks the pointing to be a clone of him.

Being an academy lad gives him too much rope in many quarters.

Awareness? I'd argue the opposite, without so much as a tackle he breaks up counter attacks regularly when deployed in the centre. This also plays into positioning, hence the ability to do a job at RB and CB on occasion.

In terms of transfer business, we are limited. Lowe will be a useful player if he stays fit. We know his weakness - getting his head up with the ball at his feet, but I'm still convinced he's the best defensive midfielder we have.

Nice bit of praise for J-Lowe from Duggie. Of all our CM's he's the one most able to get up and down the pitch, he's also got a decent strike on him. Time to unleash the the J-bomb!

Ha !

You've got to be having a laugh blueboy3333.

If this is not the instruction from the manager then they should be dropped. But picking any two of Williamson, Evans and Lowe and this will happen. Who were our most used centre midfielders last season?

Nice to him mentioning what I've said a few times, get Lowe forward more and get him pressing higher up the pitch and utilise his energy. Not just sitting deep in midfield then loosing his runner as he often does. Also his comments about our deep sitting style which gets picked on by every other ex pro who sees our games. He isn't the only one who was disappointed to see a striker subbed too often either. Nice that someone of some knowledge sees what nearly everyone else sees and it gets into print. Why the management never get called out on these things when they're interviewed i'll never know :rock:

I also meant to add, we need our academy lads to kick on if we are to get the best out of our resources. We should give them more time, otherwise you get stung by later developing players. Imagine if we'd binned off Henley after 2 years of injuries?

Bryan Douglas, probably the finest player ever to don a Blackburn Rovers shirt bar none, knows a good player when he see one.

"When Jason Lowe comes back I’d like him to score more. He’s a good player but he needs to get in the penalty area more.

“He’s got the ability to get there, he’s a big lad, and he if does, he’ll enjoy it.”

Some so-called fans take note.

Bryan Douglas, probably the finest player ever to don a Blackburn Rovers shirt bar none, knows a good player when he see one.

"When Jason Lowe comes back I’d like him to score more. He’s a good player but he needs to get in the penalty area more.

“He’s got the ability to get there, he’s a big lad, and he if does, he’ll enjoy it.”

One hundred per cent correct Jim. Dougie was the best I've ever seen in a 'Blue & White' shirt and I would value his opinion on a player over anyone of us on this forum.

How about the rest of his comments regarding the midfielders, subs etc. Should we not be mentioning them as well or would that be seen as a bit of a dig at the manager so we should just ignore them :rover:

One hundred per cent correct Jim. Dougie was the best I've ever seen in a 'Blue & White' shirt and I would value his opinion on a player over anyone of us on this forum.

Why?

No, really. why? Just because he was a great player doesn't mean his opinion is any more valid than the next man's.

The proof will be when he returns and continues to be bypassed, loose his man and generally average.

Another player built up to be Neymar whist injured in the minds of the Blackburb public. It even happened with Evans, and other assorted dollopers down the years.

"When Jason Lowe comes back Id like him to score more. Hes a good player but he needs to get in the penalty area more.

Hes got the ability to get there, hes a big lad, and he if does, hell enjoy it.

Stupid and needless comment at the end. Unless you are talking about the Jason Lowe Fan Club. Last time I checked opinions of individual players had no bearing on fan status.

It would be interesting to see Lowe further up the pitch where his lack of tackling ability wouldn't be so exposed. But that would mean dropping one of Rhodes, Cairney or Marshall. That would be a gamble.

Nice bit of praise for J-Lowe from Duggie. Of all our CM's he's the one most able to get up and down the pitch, he's also got a decent strike on him. Time to unleash the the J-bomb!

1 goal in 120 apps. Clinical.

Why?

No, really. why? Just because he was a great player doesn't mean his opinion is any more valid than the next man's.

I'm going to side with Parson on this one. You have to consider him as a subject matter expert when it comes to football.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowyer cringing on reading the Douglas piece . I'd suggest that his comments about Lowe needing to get into the penalty box are in direct contradiction to Bowyer's match day instructions.

In other news, YET ANOTHER FFP piece in today's LT... :rolleyes:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13344144.Quality_over_quantity_key_for_Blackburn_Rovers_to_be_successful_in_the_Championship/

C'mon Wheelock, instead of the excuse pieces, how about a direct challenge to the Football League about the morality of punishing clubs with a rule that is under challenge. If QPR succeed then the rule will have to change - unless they are simply going to exempt individual clubs from "fair play". Either the rule is suspended or QPR should be punished too.

Shaw - if you are reading - take note and get a challenge in. Oh wait, that would expose Venkys wouldn't it.

I'm going to side with Parson on this one. You have to consider him as a subject matter expert when it comes to football.

Just because one happened to be a great player doesn't mean one necessarily knows how to evaluate talent.

That's why I press the mute button when Alan Shearer opens his mouth.

We're never going to score many goals from central midfield if those being selected are always two defensive minded players out of a pool of Williamson, Evans, Spearing and Lowe. If you want goals from central midfield you need to start picking players there that get forward.

That's the problem with repeatedly selecting a Williamson. Can't knock his effort and gets stuck in, and from a defensive point of view e.g. the Liverpool game he can do a job of stopping the opposition. However the other side of the coin - when he is on the ball, passing it, creating something, is virtually non-existent.

The only midfielders we have who move forward with the ball, go on runs and have shots from in and around the penalty area are Marshall and Cairney, and to a lesser extent Conway and O'Sullivan, and these are always deployed in the wide positions.

You said 'decent strike on him' if that was so he'd surely have had more than one goal in his career for rovers

It's just something people say about those who can strike a ball well, particularly from outside the area. Like with Huddlestone or even Tugay, neither regular scorers but you would always hear that with them. I've only seen Lowe do it a couple times mind, so not sure it applies properly with him, but I don't think his ability to strike a ball is as bad as his goal scoring record would suggest.

"When Jason Lowe comes back Id like him to score more. Hes a good player but he needs to get in the penalty area more.

Hes got the ability to get there, hes a big lad, and he if does, hell enjoy it.

Jason Lowe isn't the big. Sadly Dougies eyes are failing him jim

I also meant to add, we need our academy lads to kick on if we are to get the best out of our resources. We should give them more time, otherwise you get stung by later developing players. Imagine if we'd binned off Henley after 2 years of injuries?

Probably the Evertonians lad Nyambe could be about the only one to get some game time.

Why?

If you've ever spoken to Dougie you would realise just how knowledgeable he is about the game and players. The man has forgotten more about the game than you or I will ever know. Give me his opinion over fans like us any day.

If you've ever spoken to Dougie you would realise just how knowledgeable he is about the game and players. The man has forgotten more about the game than you or I will ever know. Give me his opinion over fans like us any day.

Massive Improvements required form Jason Lowe parsons and you should know it with your experience of the game. I'll buy Lowe being the harrier in the centre not that he's good at tackling but he needs a player next to him who he can give the ball to to make the team tick.

You said 'decent strike on him' if that was so he'd surely have had more than one goal in his career for rovers

he has got a decent strike om him, was his goal not a long-range effort? The problem is he never gets forward because he's obviously under instruction to never cross the half-way line, so he never gets in position to at least try and score. Even if he got 3 or 4 goals a season it would make a huge difference. Same with Evans.

Archived