SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's as racist as you can get.

Are there no mods these days?

Its peculiar what gets considered racist by some on here,but anyway this definitely isnt the place.... dont bother responding to the football aspect of the post though, as mustard has done so well.

I always though both duggie and Finney were wide players..

In any case, its a different game to their era now.

Originally they were but later they both moved inside where they could be more effective for the team.

I always though both duggie and Finney were wide players..

In any case, its a different game to their era now.

Course it is! :glare:

Shouldn't take a genius to work a deal to bring Tunny in for for Cairney without falling foul FFP. Hell Fulham could cancel his contract perhaps for his little bit of naughtiness.

Still, wouldn't doubt the FA would fine tooth comb it cos it's us.

We've no one with the brains to work it out how we could get around the rules and bring Tuni back

No surprise here with Cairney.

IMV, this is all about V's realising assets in order to reduce the money they have to pump into Rovers to keep it afloat.

Every 'decent' player that leaves the club makes it increasingly likely that Rhodes and Gestede will go. Would you want to stay when the departure of each 'decent' player weakens the side and makes it more and more unlikely that we could even mount a challenge for top 6 ?

I think Cairney will be the first of a number of notable departures. A sad fact of Rovers' desperate financial plight.

You could be right with this now in the absence of parachutes (that haven't already been spent). They could go down the route of cashing a player in every transfer window to go towards the running costs whilst under no pressure to buy because of the embargo etc. Helps the debt from keep increasing and no need for cash in some form from them, bung the holes with frees and loans all whilst hiding behind FFP and the gradual dumbing down continues. Not a bad scenario all around for them and those on the gravy train, maybe there is method in their madness after all :blink:

Saying that Bowyer is good in the transfer market because he signed Gestede is like saying Kean was a good manager because he won at Man U.

As for addressing FFP, I wouldn't say that collecting goalkeepers and signing players we don't need on loan and then barely playing them is doing that.

It's "flair". Unless you think they set the match alight and then you would be correct. :) I feel sad that you will never enjoy your football like I do because you do not appreciate the finer points of the game.[

Why feel sad? I know I would be missing nothing by selling Cairney, he is the subject matter here, nobody else. Maybe you enjoy paying to watch a player perform every 10 games or so, that's your prerogative, if that's the case good on you.

I am stuggling to understand what these finer points are though?

Please indulge us fans who seem to be watching different games down at Ewood?

Also isn't a flare something that kind of lights up but without an explosion? Rather apt I would say!

We've no one with the brains to work it out how we could get around the rules and bring Tuni back

There's a lot of negativity on this board, but I fear you are spot on. If we could spend money, had a £20 million pound budget and Shaw just had to press the last number of Fulham's phone number with 2 months of the transfer window to go I still wouldn't be confident.

It's "flair". Unless you think they set the match alight and then you would be correct. :) I feel sad that you will never enjoy your football like I do because you do not appreciate the finer points of the game.[

Why feel sad? I know I would be missing nothing by selling Cairney, he is the subject matter here, nobody else. Maybe you enjoy paying to watch a player perform every 10 games or so, that's your prerogative, if that's the case good on you.

I am stuggling to understand what these finer points are though?

Please indulge us fans who seem to be watching different games down at Ewood?

Also isn't a flare something that kind of lights up but without an explosion? Rather apt I would say!

Your loss if you can't appreciate skill. The ones who "put in a shift" are two a penny. Like Chris Brown and Luke Varney.

Your loss if you can't appreciate skill. The ones who "put in a shift" are two a penny. Like Chris Brown and Luke Varney.

We've been through this so many times, as football fans. What is the point in skills etc when they aren't producing performances and wins?

I want to watch an effective team of whom produce results and progress, not an ineffective team, that pass the ball backwards, have players with a forward pass rating of just 60% (Cairneys stat) and that run out of ideas to win a game 5 minutes into a game.

We've been through this so many times, as football fans. What is the point in skills etc when they aren't producing performances and wins?

I want to watch an effective team of whom produce results and progress, not an ineffective team, that pass the ball backwards, have players with a forward pass rating of just 60% (Cairneys stat) and that run out of ideas to win a game 5 minutes into a game.

Out of interest, would you prefer to see a central midfield combo consisting of Williamson/Evans/Lowe?

Out of interest, would you prefer to see a central midfield combo consisting of Williamson/Evans/Lowe?

It wouldn't make a difference, as they are all very capable of taking a place in the midfield and passing the ball backwards and sideways, granted we would miss Cairneys 3 goals a season plus his 3 or 4 assists but it won't make much difference, sure Lowe would get a goal and Evans would and they could chip in with an assist each for the season.

I know, very pedantic, but we play the same whoever plays in midfield!

Sell Cairney and the following things will happen.

1) We'll lose our only creative force in the centre of midfield and player who plays with his head up and can pass forward

2) We will still fall foul of FFP and be under an embargo

3) IF he is replaced it will be with a much inferior player who will weaken the squad rather than strengthen it

4) We will be treated with endless guff from Bowyer on improving players for profit (remind you of anyone?)

5) Any players left with anything about them will be out of the door before you can say 'a right good go'

6) We'll be one step nearer the trapdoor to League 1.

If you're happy with that, fine, but history should tell you that there is nothing positive about selling your better players. Like it or not Cairney is one of those.

It's worth repeating what someone (TJ?) said earlier on, it's all well and good debating personnel and playing styles etc. but the team is a reflection of its manager: rudderless, passionless, and tactically inept. Even if we signed a rampaging box-to-box midfielder, he'd probably end up playing right-back all season until Lowe gets injured, by which point we'll have already missed out on the playoffs.

I also think selling cairney would show a very poor sign of things to come to the squad and open the floodgates for all our half decent signings of the last few years and decent youngsters actively wanting out(along with gestede that openly wants out and Rhodes whom I suspect has been wanting out for the past2/3 seasons on the quiet)

I could well see Cairney leaving and Lowe restored to the team.

Bryan Douglas would be pleased and so would fans who know the game. Cairney would be a loss in my view because he has talent but using his potential departure as another stick with which to beat Lowe (which is what you do all the time) is pathetic.

Cairney leaving for Fulham would be another nail in the coffin. It's not that he's brilliant but selling him to another mid table club would say a great deal about our aspirations this season and would definitely not send out the right signals to other clubs or to those who are wavering about season tickets.

Its not our fault Lowe is a very poor footballer mentally and technically and has no particular attribute that he is good at(and I don't even buy this 'but he's a decent rb' stuff, its more a case of he can do less harm at rb imo) its not a personal vendetta against him personally its just hes no good and keeps getting picked ahead of players that have more to offer, which must be awful for team morale.

Talked to a journo this morning who covers Fulham and he says that the Tom Cairney interest is serious, although he doesn't believe that the deal is complete yet, he said fee was in the region of £3.5 million.

I will be disappointed if Cairney leaves, he is our technically most accomplished player. Last season he wasn't at his best but then being shunted around the midfield did not help. With the likelihood of at least one of Rudy or Rhodes going, I was hoping that we would go to one up front and give Cairney a free role so that we can exploit his technical skills without over burdening him with defensive responsibilities. Also selling your better players to championship clubs is not the actions of a club wanting to push for a top 6 finish.

Do you really believe our owners want the club to succeed ??

Order of our best central midfielders goes like this IMO:

Cairney > Lowe > Evans > Williamson

Still think Williamson shouldn't have got a new deal and will prove to be an utter waste of a valuable squad place under the embargo.

People can dislike Lowe all they like but I've seen nothing that suggests Evans or Williamson are superior in any department and I still believe if he is played with someone creative, he will look a lot better. Stick him with Evans or Williamson and he has to become a creative box-to-box, something he is incapable of becoming. Brings out the worst in him and the team.

Lose Cairney and we are looking weaker and weaker. As I and TJ have pointed out, if Cairney leaves for a rival club I can see a few other players getting in touch with their agents and who can blame them? We know the manager is lacking in plenty of areas and I guarantee the players know it too. Wholeheartedly agree with Amarillo too, the backwards/sideways passing from our centre mids is endemic of Bowyer and his footballing ethos. Still, I'd rather we retain our players who have even an iota of creativity in them. Another season of Evans/Williamson/Lowe as a combo and things will get much worse.

Archived