BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

How can Derbyshire come back to Rovers when he still has 1 year left at Rotherham. And we can't paid transfer fees for players. So we cant sign him. SIMPLE AS.

Jal, how many do you have to be TOLD PLENTY OF TIMES that Bowyer is in charge of transfers. Glen and Kamy has told you this before

Thought they could get him on loan seeing as he's keen to come back.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryan Douglas would be pleased and so would fans who know the game. Cairney would be a loss in my view because he has talent but using his potential departure as another stick with which to beat Lowe (which is what you do all the time) is pathetic.

On this occasion the stick was for Bowyer, not Lowe, but in your haste to have a pop at me (despite us agreeing about Cairney's contribution) you clearly missed the subtlety.

All the best.

sorry if this has been posted already- http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13345370._/?ref=mac good intervie but im not sure about this-"That is what Johnson and his team of six scouts, who are predominately based across the UK, have been doing"- if we're lacking funds and relying on freebies & loans then surely there's a far bigger market to choose from abroad and we should have more scouts scouring Europe(and further a far)

Do you really believe our owners want the club to succeed ??

Do you really think they want it to fail, they are in the hole for a minimum £85 million at the moment

sorry dmtp, we must have been on the same wavelength there

I'm working on some stats regarding how we performed with and without Cairney last season. I haven't finished, as I need to figure the best way to break down the games where he was subbed on or off, but here's the broad strokes I have so far. Note that games include cup games, so 'points' are just what would have been awarded if they were league games.

Cairney playing (irrespective of subs on or off)
P: 45
W: 17 (37.77%)
D: 16 (35.55%)
L: 12 (26.66%)
Scored: 65 (1.44 per game) (3 scored by him, 8 assists)
Conceded: 53 (1.17 per game)
Red Carded: 1
Yellow Carded: 8
Without Cairney (at all)
P: 7
W: 3 (42.85%)
D: 1 (14.28%)
L: 3 (42.85%)
Scored: 10 (1.42 per game)
Conceded: 11 (1.57 per game)
The stats for which position he played, and for when I've found the best way to show the way results went during his actual game time will be more useful...he did come on or off in quite a few games, whilst the 7 games where he didn't play at all are a very small sample to be statistically useful.
I've also just used squawka.com to run a comparison between Cairney, Lowe, Williamson and Evans on a few other stats. These are per 90 minutes, not just per game.
Tackles Won
Team: 13.3
Cairney: 1.48
Lowe: 0.71
Williamson: 2
Evans: 1.26
Tackles Lost
Team: 13.23
Cairney: 1.73
Lowe: 1.11
Williamson: 1.53
Evans: 2.47
Pass Completion
Team: 73%
Cairney: 85%
Lowe: 78%
Williamson: 80%
Evans: 84%
Total Forward Passes
Team: 251.23
Cairney: 32.83
Lowe: 26.12
Williamson: 33.09
Evans: 32
Chances Created
Team: 11.1
Cairney: 2.78
Lowe: 0.51
Williamson: 0.74
Evans: 0.69
Interesting website. Personally think those stats put paid to the myth that the team is weaker defensively with Cairney, or that he doesn't put himself into (and win) tackles. They also show that Evans was a very sloppy tackler, and that Williamson was our most efficient one. Stats aren't everything, but still.

• Backroom

Brilliant post again.

Interesting that we scored more and conceded less with him in:

Shows what I thought all along in that as far as defensive midfielders go Williamson is our most effective.

Spurs have made Yedlin available for a season long loan after signing Trippier. Would be a good loan signing at right back. Wonder if we could do a deal to pay part of his wages.

That would suit me very much.

i think RB has been a priority since we didn't bother signing one last year. We played Baptiste and Lowe there for parts of the season. Not sure we actually have a proper RB on the books.

Henley?

Ok, we have one. Henley has also been played at LB so he can cover both sides.

Should we go into the season with one RB?

I'd be happy if we signed a box to box, tough tackling, goal scoring midfielder but I don't see one being available for free on £10k a week.

I doubt Spurs would consider Championship football for Yedlin. There should be few PL club wanting him for a season. The lad certainly has some pace.

I'm expecting Nyambe to be viewed as the backup, with other players yanked out of position if anything goes wrong or he isn't ready. Whether that is wise is...questionable.

Wasn't Nyambe one of those whose contract ran out and new hasn't been done yet?

I doubt Spurs would consider Championship football for Yedlin. There should be few PL club wanting him for a season. The lad certainly has some pace.

Wasn't Nyambe one of those whose contract ran out and new hasn't been done yet?

I agree that Spurs will want him playing premier league football. Possibly to one of the newly promoted clubs as there is more chance of regular games?

Ok, we have one. Henley has also been played at LB so he can cover both sides.

Should we go into the season with one RB?

I'd be happy if we signed a box to box, tough tackling, goal scoring midfielder but I don't see one being available for free on £10k a week.

Why cant we get dunn and king's replacements on loan from prem teams? That's do-able isn't it?

We could try and loan Dwight Gayle from palace for 1... And I'm sure there's some quality attacking midfielders sitting on the bench of some prem team desperate for game time..

If we got Tunnicliffe as part of a deal for Cairney that would be better than just cash. Got much more of an engine than Cairney, likes to drive forward and has more of a tackle.

Main issue however is say we lined up:

Conway-----Tunnicliffe----Lowe----Marshall

All of those players are head down and work hard types. Whose going to put their foot on the ball and pass it?

If we got Tunnicliffe as part of a deal for Cairney that would be better than just cash. Got much more of an engine than Cairney, likes to drive forward and has more of a tackle.

Main issue however is say we lined up:

Conway-----Tunnicliffe----Lowe----Marshall

All of those players are head down and work hard types. Whose going to put their foot on the ball and pass it?

Cairney - but at Craven Cottage in a white shirt. IF Cairney goes plus one or both of our strikers than it's downwards tp L1 imo

Cairney - but at Craven Cottage in a white shirt. IF Cairney goes plus one or both of our strikers than it's downwards tp L1 imo

Really think Tunnicliffe in for Cairney improves us.

As others have said - Marshall and conway wide, Tunnicliffe and Lowe central.

I would be chuffed with that

Archived