BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cairney deal worth "up to £4m including add ons" - with 25% going to Hull.

Rovers want near £7m for Gestede.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13357139.Norwich_City_want_to_sign_Blackburn_Rovers_striker_Rudy_Gestede/?ref=mac

I read hull get 25% of the profit, not the fee. Wonder which is accurate

Well good luck to Tom Cairney, very hit and miss but potential to be good, I think a team needs to be set up around a player of his style but I'm not convinced he's good enough to do that. I do think we didn't use him in the best way though.

It may be an unpopular opinion but if we could bring in Stone Cold Rodolph Austin and Danielle Lloyds fella we may end up stronger overall.

I've seen mention of Olsson being used further forward which is a bad idea because Spurr is pretty poor.

Very poor form from Rovers not wishing him well but it makes no major odds you just would like to at least see the empty gesture.

Agree on Olsson, he should be no 1 left back now but this is Bowyer we are dealing with here. Still young enough for his value to increase for the next round of sales though if yer reading Gaz.

Strange no platitudes from Rovers towards Cairney but non from the player towards the club and fans I've seen either ?? Very odd.

Also Shaw & GB in hiding it seems.

if someone had said to me monday morning rovers will sell a player for 3.5k by friday cairney would not been one of my 1st 5 picks,stop bloody moaning and support your team in the close season,come august and wolves beat us by 3 or 4 thats the time to moan.this week brfc 1 you fooking moaners 0

You should be the new script writter for jackanory, fail to plan, plan to fail,

selling better players and replacing them with inferior ones always ends the same way,

£7m seems a bit on the cheap side for Rudy, especially if a few clubs are interested. Assombalonga went from Posh to Forest for £5m (rising to £8) and Ulloa for £8m from Brighton to Leicester. With the new Prem TV deal and Ipswich getting £8m for a full back you'd think we'd ask for more.

£7m seems a bit on the cheap side for Rudy, especially if a few clubs are interested. Assombalonga went from Posh to Forest for £5m (rising to £8) and Ulloa for £8m from Brighton to Leicester. With the new Prem TV deal and Ipswich getting £8m for a full back you'd think we'd ask for more.

we will get 10 million hard cash

we can it just suits the downers better

As Parson said, we can NOT pay a fee whatsoever.

The £600k is alluding to the costs of the player's wages, signing on fees, agent fees, etc

Free transfers and loans are the only market we are in as dictated by FFP.

This is why there's much disappointment at Cairney leaving as we can't even spend £100k on a player to replace him.

Wonder if we've told clubs that we are intent on doing deals prior to 30th of June at a more "discounted" rate in order to try and get the transfer ban lifted?

It's worrying to be fair, I can't deny I'm not concerned about the caveats of this transfer- the lack of real comment from GB seems quite bizarre. It doesn't line up with Kamys view about GB having the ultimate say - he surely would've explained his decision. Maybe that is to come.

They are still selling Tom Cairney postcards and wall stickers in the Rovers shop. On the ball as ever these days.

Whilst a minor offence, it's symptomatic of the club these days that those who work there don't seem to care.

Little things matter, Mr Myers.

Marshall, Steele, Kilgallon, Duffy, Eastwood, Baptiste? Yep, they've all been shyte.

Marshall in the first batch /window. Steele has 1 been poor and 2 unnecessary due to Robbo, Eastwood and Raya. The defenders I grant you but one played out of position limiting him and the other can't get ahead of a player in the worst form of his life. Limits their usefulness I'd say. And what about all the other poor signings alongside them?

Wonder if we've told clubs that we are intent on doing deals prior to 30th of June at a more "discounted" rate in order to try and get the transfer ban lifted?

It's worrying to be fair, I can't deny I'm not concerned about the caveats of this transfer- the lack of real comment from GB seems quite bizarre. It doesn't line up with Kamys view about GB having the ultimate say - he surely would've explained his decision. Maybe that is to come.

I imagine Bowyer is knelt down next to a bucket and spade with his head buried in the sandpit in his back garden.

He won't rock the boat he's just keeping his head under the parapet till everything is concluded then he'll pop up with Myers written speech clear in his head. For once can't say I blame him as he's probably powerless in all this and it's obvious at Ewood no one dare say a damn thing off their own bat.

On another note Rudy/Rhodes have been more or less priced out of moves, up till now of course but I wonder why TC wasn't ?

pretty frank write about Cairneys departure up in the LT(for once) http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13357145.Surprise_that_Tom_Cairney_was_first_Blackburn_Rovers_sale_of_the_summer/?ref=mac

p.s. sorry if the link has already been posted elsewhere.

TBF to C Flanagan it is quite a good frank write up

TBF to C Flanagan it is quite a good frank write up

yea it is, that's why Im surprised, they should be that honest and frank more often(I might even be tempted to buy there rag once in a while if they did)

on a completely separate note(sorry, didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for it) http://www.thebee.co.uk/news/local-news/1646790/rovers-winger-craig-conway-cuts-hair-for-charity/

The telling thing is that Rovers are treating fans like mushrooms again.

There seemed to be more communication from the club prior to us employing a certain Director of Comms. Just WTF is he doing for his, no doubt, SIX figure salary?

Signing players then selling on for 10x cost is talent waste? Give me a break.

Cairney was 4x cost (the likeleyhood of seeing a penny of the addons is slim). And we'd all prefer it if Bowyer had the nous to use him to gain promotion rather than the chummy, holiday camp, white flag waving that is becomming the norm

Depends who you believe. Paper articles at the time said £500k (rudy was £300k)and kamy said £2.7m + never to be seen addons. Hence just over 4x profit.

When promotion is the only thing that will save us and the consensus within the game is that we have had the squad to get it you don't weaken it. You look for the weak link and replace him with another manager.

Archived