BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Rudy and Conway TOGETHER cost £300k. Rudy was £200k of that. If we sell him for the reported £7m thats a 35x profit. Great work by Bowyer.

Depends who you believe. Paper articles at the time said £500k (rudy was £300k)and kamy said £2.7m + never to be seen addons. Hence just over 4x profit.

When promotion is the only thing that will save us and the consensus within the game is that we have had the squad to get it you don't weaken it. You look for the weak link and replace him with another manager.

do you know what the add-ons are?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah!

an her,

explains a lot

:D

Is JayPeeBee40 your Christian name or surname ?

I don't know. It was just a guess but I think I hit the nail on the head! :)

Varney is going to sign for Ipswich

Labour Gain

TBF to C Flanagan it is quite a good frank write up

Yes agreed, he gets some stick on here so in the interests of balance and all that.

The silence from the club is deafening, selling one of the clubs assets in the middle of the season ticket renewal process would at most clubs deserve an explanation, just goes to show they don't give a flying **** about the fans, but we all know that anyway don't we.

Rudy and Conway TOGETHER cost £300k. Rudy was £200k of that. If we sell him for the reported £7m thats a 35x profit. Great work by Bowyer.

?

It's only great work by Bowyer if he can replace them blueboy, if we get relegated only Venky bank balance will think it's good business, the club, fans and players won't.

The If is gargantuan. Can the lucky lightning strike twice?

It's a bit more than luck Shaun, you may not want to give Bowyer any credit but he can spot a player.

It seems Mike Rigg is involved at Fulham and was a driving force in the signing of Cairney. The same Mike Rigg who was advising Rovers possibily during the period TC and others were signed. All Bowyers good work ? I do wonder......

It seems Mike Rigg is involved at Fulham and was a driving force in the signing of Cairney. The same Mike Rigg who was advising Rovers possibily during the period TC and others were signed. All Bowyers good work ? I do wonder......

Wrong. Mike rigg was a mark Hughes team member. Subsequently went to Man city then qpr. Nothing to do with Gary.

when was Mike Rigg advising Rovers Bowyer? I don't think he was

Mike Rigg did meet the owners and advised them to stick with Bowyer as manager

link to story here:- http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10736168.Former_Rovers_chief_scout_Mike_Rigg_told_Venky___s_to_stick_with_Gary_Bowyer/?ref=rss

Mike Rigg was Mark Hughes's chief scout during his time at Ewood Park

I think the signing of Cairney was down to Bowyer knowing him from under 21's/18's football and his scouts doing their research

when was Mike Rigg advising Rovers Bowyer? I don't think he was

Mike Rigg did meet the owners and advised them to stick with Bowyer as manager

link to story here:- http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10736168.Former_Rovers_chief_scout_Mike_Rigg_told_Venky___s_to_stick_with_Gary_Bowyer/?ref=rss

Mike Rigg was Mark Hughes's chief scout during his time at Ewood Park

I think the signing of Cairney was down to Bowyer knowing him from under 21's/18's football and his scouts doing their research

HIS scouts?

It's possible he advised on some players, that's his job after all. There's a whole big football network out there and it's wheels are turning all the time. It doesn't revolve around newspapers and their reporters.

I'd be happy with an O'Hara to replace Dunn substitute.

And.... a McGinn to replace Cairney. McGinn is going to be a James McArthur/McCarthy type.

Problem is Rovers could score but conceded to many. Tactics in light of departures have to change and we've got to get better at set pieces, O'Hara is a cracker with those.

I don't think we'd have weekend and as a result we'd be a couple of million better off. You would like to think we've got a couple of bodies lines up to sign on the dot before authorizing departures?

Rudy is a goner, I like the Palace player Appiah (Kwesi Appiah) - He's young, quick and strong as an ox and available for loan.

Agree on Olsson, he should be no 1 left back now but this is Bowyer we are dealing with here. Still young enough for his value to increase for the next round of sales though if yer reading Gaz.

Strange no platitudes from Rovers towards Cairney but non from the player towards the club and fans I've seen either ?? Very odd.

Also Shaw & GB in hiding it seems.

Perhaps they are too busy working out their bonuses, and maybe slightly embarrassed.

Perhaps they are too busy working out their bonuses, and maybe slightly embarrassed.

Or just keeping things quiet in order to not attract attention whilst focusing on the possible ins such as like Rudy Austin, Jamie O'Hara and the pre-season arrangements.

Or just keeping things quiet in order to not attract attention whilst focusing on the possible ins such as like Rudy Austin, Jamie O'Hara and the pre-season arrangements.

That's the very least they should be doing. Also commenting on the outgoings and plans for the new season is quite common practise for managers etc at most clubs. Especially at renewals time but then neither of them did that in ST pack either. Don't for one min tell me it isn't a bit odd even for Rovers these days.

It's a bit more than luck Shaun, you may not want to give Bowyer any credit but he can spot a player.

What - all 29 of em Gav?

Sorry, but I don't believe he really knew much about the majority of them. There are only two as far as I can see that he definitely knew about - Judge and Marrow and his judgement was out there because neither of them were good enough. Lots of managers take players on loan and permanently from other clubs, knowing very little about them and without knowing whether they'll be good enough. Rovers have done that many, many times over the years.

• Backroom

What - all 29 of em Gav?

Sorry, but I don't believe he really knew much about the majority of them. There are only two as far as I can see that he definitely knew about - Judge and Marrow and his judgement was out there because neither of them were good enough. Lots of managers take players on loan and permanently from other clubs, knowing very little about them and without knowing whether they'll be good enough. Rovers have done that many, many times over the years.

Even though Judge WAS good enough, just used wrongly.

I think we'll be best waiting til the end of the window before we start worrying too much.

I'd if I was Gaz:

Sell Rudy for 6/7million to Norwich in return for Hooper on a season loan, wages paid by Norwich @ 75%

Bolton have told surplus trio Trotter, Spearing and Mido they are free to find new clubs. I'd take any one of those on a free + Rudy Austin.

Re-sign Chris Taylor.

Pay up Josh Morris.

Loan out "Besty"

Sign Tom Thorpe (CB) released by Man Utd to replace Bappy.

Could in theory line up in Aug as:

Steele

Henley Duffy Killa Spurr

Conway Marshall Lowe Spearing Olsson

Rhodes/Hooper.

Don't see that making us weaker and a ten million kitty to pay for FFL.

As for the players mentioned on here over the past day or two since cairney left, some people on twitter or the little website rumour tibits have said the following

Stephen quin is very close to joining Cardiff

Radolph Austin is going to agree terms with celtic

that mcginn is close to joining Wigan

And finaly Jamie o hara is set to join forest

This is all the little bits I could find on twitter and the net like them links you click and it's a page full of rumours ect

I'm sure Bowyer will be delighted. He repeatedly banged on about increasing player value last season so will see the sales as job done.

The fact that we never came within a mile of the promotion frame speaks volumes.

A decent manager with the brief to get the team promoted would've had us in the frame.

I'd if I was Gaz:

Sell Rudy for 6/7million to Norwich in return for Hooper on a season loan, wages paid by Norwich @ 75%

Bolton have told surplus trio Trotter, Spearing and Mido they are free to find new clubs. I'd take any one of those on a free + Rudy Austin.

Re-sign Chris Taylor.

Pay up Josh Morris.

Loan out "Besty"

Sign Tom Thorpe (CB) released by Man Utd to replace Bappy.

Could in theory line up in Aug as:

Steele

Henley Duffy Killa Spurr

Conway Marshall Lowe Spearing Olsson

Rhodes/Hooper.

Don't see that making us weaker and a ten million kitty to pay for FFL.

Although I would love hooper in on loan as part of the gestede deal then to sign permanent , and everything else you said is great but ..rovers are not that smart lol

Although I would love hooper in on loan as part of the gestede deal then to sign permanent , and everything else you said is great but ..rovers are not that smart lol

nor is the poster the spanish guy will be between the sticks this season

nor is the poster the spanish guy will be between the sticks this season

Hey up Stefan! Too many Drinks in the sunshine?

Doubting ones intelligence is a bit below the belt.

Raya could do with a loan to a league one side i feel.

Archived