BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ffp Embargo

Mercerman, I'm looking forward to the Football season starting and attending all Rovers home games and a lot of away games this coming season

Totally there JB. we need to bring through our academy players like Raya, O'Sullivan, Nyambe, Mansell and Lenihan(if he signs a new contract), etc

plus buying experience players and players at cheap prices

We can't buy anyone, even at cheap prices

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well surely Al the main thing before changing Gary is finding an MD or chair we can trust to find the right solution in terms of manager and/or structure? Asking Derek to find the next manager will take us backwards faster IMO

You are probably right. Shelfy first to go. If it were up to me I would be asking John Williams to take a short term post to recruit us a new chairman who's first task is to recruit a new manager. If John fancies the job it's his but I can't see him wanting to do that. He probably has enough good memories to want to help though.

We can't buy anyone, even at cheap prices

We can sign players on free transfers and even after we are out of the embargo then we can buy players and get bargains like Conway and Gestede. 2 great pieces of business by Bowyer in spotting those players.

We can sign players on free transfers and even after we are out of the embargo then we can buy players and get bargains like Conway and Gestede. 2 great pieces of business by Bowyer in spotting those players.

The plan should be keep the nucleus of the squad get a decent manager and aim to go up...then I woke up

As for getting bargains even if we get out the embargo we'll be shopping at B+M wether we could get lucky again regarding someone like Gestede we'd need luck..

IMHO the Raos are going to bail next year everything seems to point to that if you don't want to think that that's up to you and your blind optimism in venkyscum the puppet board and a Manager completely out his depth..ah well we're stable....

I suspect when Bowyer met with them in June last year, he said he'd get us up !

They've pumped £120million+ into Rovers and I think they've reached their tipping point.

My view is that they have thought about replacing Bowyer but decided promotion no longer a reality and to cut their losses and run. I think they will maximise sales and then scuttle the club.

If that's the case then then Ewood needs to be made into a community asset.

I see the owners have committed funding to the club until summer 2016.

but I agree with Kamy's post that started this thread that it could be to get this embargo lifted in January.

But Gestede wants to go and so did Cairney probably cos he not playing in centre midfield.

Not a case of 'wants' more a case of their agent 'needs' to get any decent player away. This club is only going in one direction and a decent player with ambition must be seeking to get away for the sake of his own career.

You mean like the manager who just signed Varney? Imagine if we renewed his contract (it would be meltdown on here)

Firing and hiring a whole new staff, paying them bonuses and a decent salary... That costs lots of cash. Remember the guy who's negotiating? Yes he's the guy who made Berg the best paid manager in existent on a £ per day basis.

The best way forward IMO is to get embargo lifted so we can pick cheap diamonds up ala Gestede, Cairney, etc- with a small percentage of the profits. Rinse repeat the process whilst gradually stemming the large losses and hopefully developing more and more talent from within ala Raya, Lenihan, O'Sullivan, Nyambe etc.

I still can't buy into this opinion, that changing manager is the key to our majestic return.

You are assuming that without any certainty. I have my doubts tbh.

The club is in the worst possible situation at the moment but it won't last forever, the embargo will hopefully be lifted within 12 months, the losses will be nowhere near what they have been, and the wage bill will have been significantly reduced over the last two years. Of course, all bets are off if Venky's leave and saddle the club with the mountain of debt that is piling up round Ewood, but until they do the club has to concentrate on 'washing it's own face'. This means buying and selling players like Gestede and Cairney for big profits, reducing the debt and then starting the process again. In order to do that the overwhelming priority is to exit the embargo.

Keeping all our 'big' players just isn't a option. It's better to sell than have them run down their contracts. Gestede has 2 years to run on his, keep him for another year and we won't get anywhere near £7m, and we won't get out of the of the embargo either...and he isn't going to sign a new contract. Cairney went for the money, so will Rudy/everyone who gets the chance. We could always gamble on another manager, but there are no guarantees when it comes to gaining promotion.

If all this means staying in the Championship for a few years then so be it. Keeping some of our 'stars' might be the only way to do this but plenty of other clubs maintain their status in the Championship without big name/big money players.The club/fans have been royally screwed and it's going to take years for the infrastructure/finances to 'stabilise'. It's happened on the pitch thanks to Bowyer, and this needs to be maintained off it. Exiting the embargo is essential to this.

At least people aren't denying that last season was our last chance to seriously challenge for promotion anymore.

I can't remember the posters who said that 2015/16 was when they expected Bowyer to really push for promotion but I've not seen anyone with that viewpoint for a while. Wonder why?

At least people aren't denying that last season was our last chance to seriously challenge for promotion anymore.

I can't remember the posters who said that 2015/16 was when they expected Bowyer to really push for promotion but I've not seen anyone with that viewpoint for a while. Wonder why?

Some people still think we can and are saying we should keep all our players. Things change, embargoes happen, things that were true 12/18 months ago no longer are. In 12 months things will be different again. If people didn't give opinions on what they thought at that particular time the MB would be dead, People get things wrong, the horror!

'Told you so' posts are the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Ewood was registered as an ACV in August 2013

Good news. Who did that?

btw Can I assume that it was you who locked the 'news comment' thread Paul? There doesn't appear to be anyone else around. If so on what grounds given the importance of the current events?

Some people still think we can and are saying we should keep all our players. Things change, embargoes happen, things that were true 12/18 months ago no longer are. In 12 months things will be different again. If people didn't give opinions on what they thought at that particular time the MB would be dead, People get things wrong, the horror!

'Told you so' posts are the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Things haven't changed. We were always going to fall foul of FFP and we were always going to have to sell key players and bring in scraps.

I'm not saying "I told you so" on that issue as it was blindingly obvious. I did also say that Bowyer's supporters would change the goalposts on what their definition of success was which is what is happening.

I did also say that Bowyer's supporters would change the goalposts on what their definition of success was which is what is happening.

Apart from Parson who's BFFs with Bowyer, I don't think they are Bowyer supporters, per se. Just a contingent of fans who don't want to admit the critics were right.

I think a few need to calm down as there is nothing at present to suggest that Venky's are about to bail out.

The sale of Rudy is hardly a surprise, it was always on the cards as the player wants to leave. If someone matches Rovers valuation of Rhodes then again that sale would hardly be a surprise.

The sale of Cairney is a surprise but it seems from what I have heard from very reliable sources that this was a decision that Gary has made and which the owners have approved. Marshall hasn't gone yet although bids are expected.

Let's see what happens over the next few weeks before we all get suicidal.

Things haven't changed. We were always going to fail foul of FFP and we were always going to have to sell key players and bring in scraps.

I'm not saying "I told you so" on that issue as it was blindingly obvious. I did also say that Bowyer's supporters would change the goalposts on what their definition of success was which is what is happening.

Spot on Hasta. Things have changed for the short sighted.

Quite a lot of fans (not necessarily members here) at the start of last season thought Rovers, with a bit of fortune, could make the playoffs. Instead the team looked disjointed and defensively bereft.

Now comes the kick in the nads. If Bowyer can do so badly with that team just how badly will he do when all the half decent talent is stripped away?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I think a few need to calm down as there is nothing at present to suggest that Venky's are about to bail out.

The sale of Rudy is hardly a surprise, it was always on the cards as the player wants to leave. If someone matches Rovers valuation of Rhodes then again that sale would hardly be a surprise.

The sale of Cairney is a surprise but it seems from what I have heard from very reliable sources that this was a decision that Gary has made and which the owners have approved. Marshall hasn't gone yet although bids are expected.

Let's see what happens over the next few weeks before we all get suicidal.

Kamy, do you know why Bowyer made the decision to sell Cairney?

Also do you need what the asking price is for Rhodes and Gestede?

Kamy, do you know why Bowyer made the decision to sell Cairney?

Also do you need what the asking price is for Rhodes and Gestede?

No idea why Gary decided to sell Cairney.

They want circa £7 million up front for Rudy. Rhodes will surely have to be a £10 million plus bid, as per last year Rhodes is relaxed about the situation and isn't pushing for a move at present (unlike Rudy who is).

for last season or for this? He's a silly man regardless for doing that especially in this league, it's a sign of pressure, especially if he knew we were going to have to sell some of our best players.

For this season

Archived