BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ffp Embargo

Why now and not last season when Hull offered big money for Rhodes ?

With the great finish to the previous season I think that at the beginning of last season there was high expectations of a promotion push to the plush promised land so it was worth the gamble to hold onto Rhodes. Now realism has set in then they must take what little cash they can get their mits on from the few assets that are left.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why now and not last season when Hull offered big money for Rhodes ?

I suspect when Bowyer met with them in June last year, he said he'd get us up !

They've pumped £120million+ into Rovers and I think they've reached their tipping point.

My view is that they have thought about replacing Bowyer but decided promotion no longer a reality and to cut their losses and run. I think they will maximise sales and then scuttle the club.

They've pumped £120million+ into Rovers and I think they've reached their tipping point.

My view is that they have thought about replacing Bowyer but decided promotion no longer a reality and to cut their losses and run. I think they will maximise sales and then scuttle the club.

I can't disagree with that the silence is deafening, I wonder if they will maximize what cash they can get then look to offload us, god knows who would take it on mind

I am with you on this MM.

In many ways FFP is a smokescreen as far as Rovers are concerned and as things stand I do think they are happy to hide behind it as ''we cant spend even if we want to;so unfair''. However the reality is rather different and with very low income coming into the Club we just cant operate at the current level of losses.

So its an emptying out of anything with cost just to bring costs in line. Clearly Venkys have had enough of throwing £2m a month at it with no prospect of going up so its a decision to pull back on everything.

The problem with that is that we will be getting our replacements from B&M Bargains which is very dangerous and could easily see us in League One , especially with a manager who has proved he cant get the best out of what he has at his disposal and is tactically bereft.

These are seriously depressing times and the end game gets closer.

I see the owners have committed funding to the club until summer 2016.

but I agree with Kamy's post that started this thread that it could be to get this embargo lifted in January.

But Gestede wants to go and so did Cairney probably cos he not playing in centre midfield.

but I agree with Kamy's post that started this thread that it could be to get this embargo lifted in January.

But Gestede wants to go and so did Cairney probably cos he not playing in centre midfield.

Where have you seen the owners' commitment to finance Rovers until summer 2016 ?

Any references in the accounts to parent company support are not worth the paper written on.

All evidence suggests the owners have had enough and are bailing out otherwise we would not sell our best players. No point in the embargo being lifted when all that will be left is a crock of the proverbial.

Cite?

Cairney gone, Gestede going and according to Kamy, Rhodes and Marshall to follow.

What does the sale of your four best players and most valuable assets suggest to you ?

Add to that an apparent absence of virtually any communication with manager, Exec Management throughout the summer.

The whole FFP is a joke, how can QPR break the rules and still be allowed back into the league and allowed to continue spending money on players? They owe £65m to the League, yet are not under an embargo? Makes no sense. What happens in the league lose the court case and can't enforce the fine, can rovers claim compensation for being under an embargo?

2016 no more parachute payments.. They were always going to bail then but how they exit remains to unfold

As for the premership pledge got to laugh at that as barring a miracle that will never happen

The whole FFP is a joke, how can QPR break the rules and still be allowed back into the league and allowed to continue spending money on players? They owe £65m to the League, yet are not under an embargo? Makes no sense. What happens in the league lose the court case and can't enforce the fine, can rovers claim compensation for being under an embargo?

It is OJ, we all recognise that. But in Rovers case I doubt it makes any difference because this has now become a full blown recovery mission. Stop the costs because this has gone as far as we going. Bowyer and Shaw don't need to go all the way to India to hear that. Quite clearly the FD (Cheston?) has been and they have freaked at what lies ahead financially, especially after Bowyer had been telling them for 2 years he would get them promoted

Basically we will have to learn to live within our means is the gist of it (not in itself a bad thing) but because they have killed our fan base over the last 4 years and blown the parachute money , there isn't enough income coming in . This season is going to be a nightmare

Cairney gone, Gestede going and according to Kamy, Rhodes and Marshall to follow.

What does the sale of your four best players and most valuable assets suggest to you ?

Add to that an apparent absence of virtually any communication with manager, Exec Management throughout the summer.

You could be right - but I would add one word of caution to all the doom mongering.

1. Communication has never been consistent

2. FFP means that they have to sell players to balance the books - even if they are going to continue to fund the club.

3. These players may be pushing to move.

4. So far - every close season people (including yourself) have predicted they were going to sell our best players and then the club - and until now it hasn't materialised (though even the fanbase is split on Cairney's sale - and the impact it will have)

Personally I feel it may be somewhere in the middle - where they are selling players to reduce costs etc prior to the final parachute payment (this represents an £8m hole in the finances straight away). What I am not so certain on - that this is a total asset stripping prior to administration. Wouldn't be surprised to see them continue fund us - but not £10's millions each season.

If I have understood the FFP calculation mechanism correctly then Rovers have until Tuesday 30th June to sell players if they want those sales to be included in the 2014/2015 FFP calculations and to have the embargo lifted in January.

The FFP period if 1st July 2014 to 30th June 2015, so Rovers will submit accounts for that period in August, these will then be considered by the football league auditors and they will deliver a judgement in Late November/Early December as to whether Rovers have done enough to get the embargo lifted. So if Rovers sell say Jordan Rhodes on 1st July, that sale cannot be included in this submission.

So there is no point selling players after Tuesday as they cannot be included in this year's submission, we could keep hold of these players until January and sell them in the January window, those sales can be included in what is called an "interim judgement", these accounts can be submitted in March 2016 for consideration. to have the embargo lifted for the summer 2016 transfer window. Leeds did this to have their embargo lifted this summer.

Something no - one seems to have picked up on is that the FFP rules are being relaxed anyway whereby you are allowed to lose 13m as opposed to 8m per season. Is that at the end of next season? If so presumably we'll be out of embargo by then anyway having so far lost Dunn, King, Robinson, Cairney and possibly Lenihan and C. Taylor off the pay roll with Best to follow in 12 vmonths time.

If that's the case there's no point in selling anyone else anyway imo just to comply with FFP in January as opposed to the end of the season. I would imagine Gestede will be off anyway at some point but that won't be because GB or the owners want to sell or a deliberate attempt to comply with FFP.

Where have you seen the owners' commitment to finance Rovers until summer 2016 ?

Any references in the accounts to parent company support are not worth the paper written on.

All evidence suggests the owners have had enough and are bailing out otherwise we would not sell our best players. No point in the embargo being lifted when all that will be left is a crock of the proverbial.

Kamy has stated this before and he does have sources in Pune.

I disagree that all evidence suggests the owners have had enough.

Gestede has said he wants a PL move this summer.

Cairney went to Fulham probably due to 2 things IMO, 1. being paid more and 2. being played in centre midfield as their playmaker.

But we do NEED this embargo lift asap

I don't think Kamy ever said that Rhodes and Marshall would be sold.

I don't see the problem with the lack of communication tbh. The owners will still be making all major decisions at the end of the day.

Plus the owners have appointed these people in the current roles and must trust them in their roles

Is anyone at the club smart enough to understand that and act accordingly. I have my doubts.

So the low ball bids for Rudy will be before Tuesday. After that we may as well hold out for a kings ransom. Again, if we are not able to have people in the club who can handle a fax machine I can see that getting cocked up too. Prolly sell him cheap AND miss the deadline.

Have a look at the photographs of Shelfy, Bowyer etc. Does any one of them, look capable of understanding a legal document never mind finding ways around the legislation. It's simple enough really but too much for any of these clowns.

I strongly disagree. What we need is the best players on the field for Blackburn Rovers. This embargo isn't a one-off. As soon as we overspend again then we will be back under it the following window.

Right now we have the best players that we are going to get and we can are allowed to bring in loans and frees. Get a proper manager in with decent contacts in the game (above League One and reserve level) and let him work within those parameters for a nice basic and bonuses.

PL has to be the short term aim or it will soon become no aim (if it hasn't already). Get the cash, clear the decks and yo-yo - as QPR have done and are doing. The alternative is that someone somewhere thinks that we can work within the terms of FFP and remain a second tier club. I'm not convinced that we can. So that's leaves yo-yoing between League One and the Championship - if we are lucky. Just look at Blackpool, Millwall, Peterborough, Wigan, Sheff United, Barnsley, Coventry, Portsmouth. People say we have no divine right to PL football. What worries me more is that Blackburn Rovers 2015 has no divine right to Championship football.

Kamy has stated this before and he does have sources in Pune.

I disagree that all evidence suggests the owners have had enough.

Gestede has said he wants a PL move this summer.

Cairney went to Fulham probably due to 2 things IMO, 1. being paid more and 2. being played in centre midfield as their playmaker.

I don't think Kamy ever said that Rhodes and Marshall would be sold.

I don't see the problem with the lack of communication tbh. The owners will still be making all major decisions at the end of the day.

Plus the owners have appointed these people in the current roles and must trust them in their roles

What optimism you have Chaddy.

Firstly, I would not trust this lot as far as I could spit - compare their words and actions since they bought Rovers !

Secondly, IMV, you have incompetent owners who have appointed even more incompetent operators to the Ewood payroll.

It's a total recipe for disaster and we have a one way ticket on a train hurtling towards the abyss.

Meaningless text to get the auditors to sign the accounts. Not worth the paper......... Who can blame Cairney if he did want to leave after the idiot manager plays him, and half the team, in the wrong positions.

I strongly disagree. What we need is the best players on the field for Blackburn Rovers. This embargo isn't a one-off. As soon as we overspend again then we will be back under it the following window.

Right now we have the best players that we are going to get and we can are allowed to bring in loans and frees. Get a proper manager in with decent contacts in the game (above League One and reserve level) and let him work within those parameters for a nice basic and bonuses.

You mean like the manager who just signed Varney? Imagine if we renewed his contract (it would be meltdown on here)

Firing and hiring a whole new staff, paying them bonuses and a decent salary... That costs lots of cash. Remember the guy who's negotiating? Yes he's the guy who made Berg the best paid manager in existent on a £ per day basis.

The best way forward IMO is to get embargo lifted so we can pick cheap diamonds up ala Gestede, Cairney, etc- with a small percentage of the profits. Rinse repeat the process whilst gradually stemming the large losses and hopefully developing more and more talent from within ala Raya, Lenihan, O'Sullivan, Nyambe etc.

I still can't buy into this opinion, that changing manager is the key to our majestic return.

I still can't buy into this opinion, that changing manager is the key to our majestic return.

It WAS key to our "majestic return".

That ship has long since sailed. Abandon all hope, ye who enter Ewood.

You mean like the manager who just signed Varney? Imagine if we renewed his contract (it would be meltdown on here)

Firing and hiring a whole new staff, paying them bonuses and a decent salary... That costs lots of cash. Remember the guy who's negotiating? Yes he's the guy who made Berg the best paid manager in existent on a £ per day basis.

The best way forward IMO is to get embargo lifted so we can pick cheap diamonds up ala Gestede, Cairney, etc- with a small percentage of the profits. Rinse repeat the process whilst gradually stemming the large losses and hopefully developing more and more talent from within ala Raya, Lenihan, O'Sullivan, Nyambe etc.

It may not be the key but at least we could have our hands on the lock. With the current manager there is no way out of the current mess. You can include the chairman in that too.

Well surely Al the main thing before changing Gary is finding an MD or chair we can trust to find the right solution in terms of manager and/or structure? Asking Derek to find the next manager will take us backwards faster IMO

What optimism you have Chaddy.

Mercerman, I'm looking forward to the Football season starting and attending all Rovers home games and a lot of away games this coming season

Totally there JB. we need to bring through our academy players like Raya, O'Sullivan, Nyambe, Mansell and Lenihan(if he signs a new contract), etc

plus buying experience players and players at cheap prices

Archived