BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ffp Embargo

Despite being a critic I don't think he's a disaster tactically at all as he's proved when under pressure and certain other times he can actually come up with the goods. That's why he's so frustrating but what he does have is a preferred safe and cautious basic style of play which he always reverts back to. It's enough to get us enough points for safety but not enough to get the best out of the players he's had and kick us on, he just isn't bold enough.

His main achiles heal for me is him not putting out the best 11 in the right positions for the job and sticking to it, oh and the subs :blink:

Good post. I hope whatever happens over the summer we come out in August with a more positive attacking attitude. And a better defence.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accept is perhaps the wrong word. I would, however, hope that people can respect different opinions without throwing insults around.

What if I find your opinion insulting?

will the sale of cairney be enough to lift FPP,i think it might because we have been downsizing since gb took over,i would sell gestede as he wanted away but he has proved he can get back scoring and not let speculation faze him.

"The Football League, however, returned the signed paperwork to Leeds after problems were flagged up with it.

Former managing director David Haigh had signed the contract, but as he had left the club in April he was therefore no longer registered as an ‘authorised signatory’."

Interesting. Wonder who was authorised to sign the contracts in the period Anderson was doing transfer dealings without John Williams knowing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Posted this in the PL thread -

How come Man City don't fail FFP. There's no way they wouldn't make huge losses without the owners putting massive amounts of cash in.

They were embargoed like PSG weren't they? Came out of it, then spunk a load of money, p1ss take.

Speaking of PSG there was a bit of a rumour doing the rounds about the David Luiz transfer to Chelsea, whereby Chelsea getting £50m helped them with FFP, and got PSG the players they wanted, a bit of 'I'll scratch your back' etc....

I read that QPR will pick up another 8.6 million from the Sterling deal. This FFP is working really well for some thanks to the totally inept organisation that is the Football League.

And could have been working for Rovers if our management hadn't have been so inept and I include Bowyer in that as he should have got us up in either of the last two seasons.

We really need to stop whingeing and get on with it. All this mess and misery is self inflicted and could have been avoided or kicked into the long grass (like QPR). We shouldn't blame others.

I don't really think we should be moaning too much at QPR or the numerous other rule breakers who appear to have found a way to avoid punishment (see Middlesbrough, Bolton, Brighton and numerous others).

At the end of the day the people who run these clubs have been able to find a way to circumvent the rules, whilst the individuals 'running' this club have overseen 2 years of significant and wide ranging cost cutting and still have us being punished without any sort of appeal or challenge being submitted.

However, as poor as I think it is that Rovers have failed to avoid punishment and also have failed to take action to challenge the punishment there also needs to be a lot of criticism directed at the Football League.

They are the people who ultimately are responsible for fair and consistent enforcement of these rules and have taken the decision to punish 1 or 2 clubs whilst letting numerous other rule breakers off the hook. They have allowed the QPR farce to develop and continue to overcloud the division whilst it rumbles on for months.

If the Football League had any kind of serious intent or balls then they would have rejected QPR entry to the League until their fine was paid. But they didn't and the sham continues as they make secretive decisions behind closed doors with zero transparency or accountability.

I read that QPR will pick up another 8.6 million from the Sterling deal. This FFP is working really well for some thanks to the totally inept organisation that is the Football League.

QPR are getting away with murder with FUP...but I don't see what them getting a contractually agreed percentage of the sell-on fee from years ago has to do with it.

Archived