BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is The Telegraph Desperate For Column Inch Or What

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He clearly posts or at least reads on here (given the Rovers Fan reference) but I'm sorry that is a really poor article.

At the end of the day, if he wants to support Bowyer (as Rovers manager) because "someone has to" then it says it all.

I wonder if - in the interests of balance - the Telewag would publish an anti-Bowyer piece ("because someone has to").

Doubt it. That might stop them receiving their evening 'copy' from the club.

Yey another Rovers fan hater to take the place of Dan Clough

The best comment has to be

Jpb 40 says... 6:49am Thu 20 Aug 15

Had my fair share of disagreements with Simon smith during his roversmad days, Inc him threatening violence against me, but I'm for once in agreement with him on this..

amazeballs!

Facebook is just as bad, some rovers fans claim bowyer is doing a remarkable job, I've put the twonks straight

I have all but given up on the one jack walker and Blackburn rovers supporters, I got told the club was unsustainable in the PL and we should be grateful for venkys rescuing the club, apparently they are now doing a great job. As for our erstwhile inspirational leader he seems to be bomb proof to most on there!

He clearly posts or at least reads on here (given the Rovers Fan reference) but I'm sorry that is a really poor article.

At the end of the day, if he wants to support Bowyer (as Rovers manager) because "someone has to" then it says it all.

I wonder if - in the interests of balance - the Telewag would publish an anti-Bowyer piece ("because someone has to").

Doubt it. That might stop them receiving their evening 'copy' from the club.

Perfect summation.

Poor article. Doesnt put forward any rational/ reasoning as to why Bowyer deserves his backing.

In general, I'm getting a little unnerved at the amount of 'Pro Bowyer articles.

There are even small comments sandwiched in articles/ reports.

It's almost as if someone close to Bowyer has an insider, who wish to influence the publication.

Stories suddenly appear just when Bowyer is under sustained scrutiny.

Indeed.

All I hear from those still of the opinion that Bowyer is the man for the job, is how 'he's had it tough', 'stabilied the club when he took over', 'good club man', 'learning the ropes', 'who else we gonna get?'. Now, of course 'embargo', with no explanation of why last season post Christmas was so poor.

I'm still waiting to hear how he is improving the side, how his tactics/in game managment is going to win us games, what our style of play is supposed to be, why we get so many muscle injures etc etc.

I'm not particulary interested in 'playing the right way', results, results, results is the name of the game, however we haven't been getting them since Christmas.

A lot of fans have meekly accepted that 'we are where we are', and as long as we are not hurtling down to League 1, Gaz can carry on regardless, survival in the Championship now being perfectly acceptable. Where does that end? We do end up in League 1 and find ourselves in mid table, is that fine too?

Nothing wrong with what Simon Smith has wrote in that piece, he's new to the column so I'd say cut the lad some slack.

He's supporting Bowyer until a better option comes along, thats what supporters do.

Lighten up people.

I did until his third sentence. Then all credibility and goodwill went out the window. He had the chance to broker the higher ground but blew it on day one.

Maybe he could threaten me with physical violence too lol (loved that comment)

Poor article from that SS chap.

Clearly the article is aimed at trying to get a reaction. He reminds me of that Spark chap who came on here: wind up, stand back, and wait.

Good job I don't waste my money on that LT so called "newspaper". What a waste of 25p that would be.

Yey another Rovers fan hater to take the place of Dan Clough

The best comment has to be

Jpb 40 says... 6:49am Thu 20 Aug 15

Had my fair share of disagreements with Simon smith during his roversmad days, Inc him threatening violence against me, but I'm for once in agreement with him on this..

amazeballs!

What was his username on Roversmad, can you remember ?

Poor article from that SS chap.

Clearly the article is aimed at trying to get a reaction. He reminds me of that Spark chap who came on here: wind up, stand back, and wait.

Good job I don't waste my money on that LT so called "newspaper". What a waste of 25p that would be.

25p :D

yes back in the day when you could go out with £5, drink all night and get fish n chips on the way home!

Nothing wrong with what Simon Smith has wrote in that piece, he's new to the column so I'd say cut the lad some slack.

He's supporting Bowyer until a better option comes along, thats what supporters do.

Lighten up people.

No he's not. He's making a case for not bothering with a better option.

"Oh wo is me. There is no chance of anyone better that Bowyer."

C'mon Gav. You think we can get better owners than Venkys. Surely we can expect to attract a better manager than Bowyer - an actual manager. These comparisons to Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho et al are embarrassing. As though if we can get one of the best then we have to accept one of the worst. Ever.

No he's not. He's making a case for not bothering with a better option.

"Oh wo is me. There is no chance of anyone better that Bowyer."

C'mon Gav. You think we can get better owners than Venkys. Surely we can expect to attract a better manager than Bowyer - an actual manager. These comparisons to Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho et al are embarrassing. As though if we can get one of the best then we have to accept one of the worst. Ever.

We ain't getting a better option Stuart, so he's making a case for Bowyer because he knows we're stuck with him.

I think that's a better place to be, rather than being bitter day in day out with no way to influence change.

As fans, we have more influence over Bowyer's future than Venkys.

Three back to back defeats and the crowd will turn.

He doesn't lose 3 on the bounce and the crowd don't have the energy or inclination to oust the manager.

He doesn't lose 3 on the bounce and the crowd don't have the energy or inclination to oust the manager.

We'll see. The fans are just starting to get restless. The signs were there against Shrewsbury.

Given enough grief - let's say we are in the bottom three in December - he may even walk.

It's a shame really because he should have been the guy to hold the fort in between managers. Sadly, when he goes we will lose somebody who could have been great for the youth and reserve set up, and lose a reliable caretaker.

I did until his third sentence. Then all credibility and goodwill went out the window. He had the chance to broker the higher ground but blew it on day one.

Credibility? Credibility? Says the guy who posts on here about everything and anything 25 tines a day, nothing good to say about the club, and hasnt seen a game for what? 3.5 years?!!

And no, I dont know Mr Smith before you ask.

Never visit, sorry

No change there then!

Only pulling your chain Shaun, but have a look!

Archived