BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll let JBizzle field that one.

No issues with the remaining salient points then?

I think Bowyer is much more comfortable now in interviews - JB would know that if he watched or read them.

JB is right about 5 games without a win which makes today v Fulham theoretically important to win from Bowyers perspective - personally I think he's there for at least this Season if not 'unsackable' given his cash raising prowess.

Do you have any views?

I think Bowyer is much more comfortable now in interviews - JB would know that if he watched or read them.

JB is right about 5 games without a win which makes today v Fulham theoretically important to win from Bowyers perspective - personally I think he's there for at least this Season if not 'unsackable' given his cash raising prowess.

Do you have any views?

I've been of the opinion that we would be better off with a new manager for the best part of a year. That having been said, I think that there are many on here with short memories and have seemingly forgotten what the then rookie Bowyer inherited. I reckon that some of the stuff posted on here about Bowyer is baseless and unwarranted.

I do find this 'cash raising' issue quite puzzling. It seems somehow to be a another stick to beat Bowyer with. I doubt that there is another club anywhere that has 'supporters' that slag off the manager for improving players to the extent that their market value increases. Not that the profit generated by Bowyer makes a scrap of difference to the owners who are £150m or so in the hole due to their ownership of Rovers.

I've been of the opinion that we would be better off with a new manager for the best part of a year. That having been said, I think that there are many on here with short memories and have seemingly forgotten what the then rookie Bowyer inherited. I reckon that some of the stuff posted on here about Bowyer is baseless and unwarranted.

I do find this 'cash raising' issue quite puzzling. It seems somehow to be a another stick to beat Bowyer with. I doubt that there is another club anywhere that has 'supporters' that slag off the manager for improving players to the extent that their market value increases. Not that the profit generated by Bowyer makes a scrap of difference to the owners who are £150m or so in the hole due to their ownership of Rovers.

I think at any club where improving market value of players is prioritized over results would see the fans naffed off.

And before where did that come from check out every interview - what is mentioned more and the focus of them? Not to mention the odd team selection rotation backs this up heavily as well.

The problem I have is that it's Bowyer, in his interviews for those who listen/read to them, who constantly makes reference to money and percentages. I would rather listen to fair but critical comments about team performance, basically an honest appraisal of things. An idea of where ''where we are going'' would also help.

I think at any club where improving market value of players is prioritized over results would see the fans naffed off.

If you improve the market value of your players then, generally it means that you have good players. How is that a bad thing? How is the club to be financed in the future? Are Venkys expected to pour money in?

And before where did that come from check out every interview - what is mentioned more and the focus of them? Not to mention the odd team selection rotation backs this up heavily as well.

So you're suggesting that Bowyer is brainwashing Venkys into keeping him in his job by convincing them that he will unearth another 20 Rudy Gestedes to wipe out their losses?

It's difficult to understand how anyone can listen to Bowyer's comments and not hear the Keanisms. Brilliant defence by Joe though: "I don't listen to it read his comments any more". It's about as damning as it gets that his last few defenders (of his credibility not his ability) have stopped listening to what he is saying and are just interpreting what they want whatever he said to mean.

As an exercise, have a go at defending these pearlers:

"Those stats can turn around and there have been plenty of teams in a lot more difficult position that have managed to put runs together."

"You hope that you can turn around people who have got a little bit of negativity and want to have a go."

"Our away form has been pretty good despite not always getting the points we deserved."

"You can measure results in different ways your points, your improvement, or the value of the squad. And we have a squad worth more money than it was six months ago. "

And that's without a "right good go" in sight.

Manager defends his position shocker. Of course by doing that he's just like Steve Kean.

Well done with the 'Right Good Go'. It would be a shame for that classic to be under used.

Quote: "You can measure results in different ways your points, your improvement, or the value of the squad. And we have a squad worth more money than it was six months ago. "

Would you not say that this Bowyer quote (which is so Kean like as to be feckin scary) clearly indicates Bowyer's message is that squad value/money is more important than performance/points. Go on give it a right good go. ^_^

Quote: "You can measure results in different ways your points, your improvement, or the value of the squad. And we have a squad worth more money than it was six months ago. "

Would you not say that this Bowyer quote (which is so Kean like as to be feckin scary) clearly indicates Bowyer's message is that squad value/money is more important than performance/points.

I'm just waiting for someone to defend them, point by point.

They are indefensible.

Chris_h: seriously, what's the difference between any of those quotes and anything that Kean ever said? Why is Bowyer fine to make such comments and Kean not?

If the player's values aye increasing, how comes the team's results are getting worse?

I don't care what the markup is on players sold. Despite what bowyer thinks this isn't dragon's den.

I only care about the Results, So yes, his post match interviews grate badly.

He is under pressure and doesn't want the sack. From my perspective he's highlighting his positive achievements. It would be regarded as quite a human reaction by normal people, on here however, it's evidence of Bowyer buying into an evil Venkys plot.

He is under pressure and doesn't want the sack. From my perspective he's highlighting his positive achievements. It would be regarded as quite a human reaction by normal people, on here however, it's evidence of Bowyer buying into an evil Venkys plot.

Correct.

Look we all know hes not good enough to be a manager with the results and performances hes not produced.

What next ...i saw Bowyer in Tesco with a CLARET jumper on ..cue 14 pages of more plots and sub plots..

Would you not say that this Bowyer quote (which is so Kean like as to be feckin scary) clearly indicates Bowyer's message is that squad value/money is more important than performance/points. Go on give it a right good go. ^_^

I don't see that much wrong with the quote, if you have players other people want to pay a lot of money for then you have good players. If you've picked them up for next to nowt you're entitled to crow about it for me. Especially when your club is subject to a transfer embargo which requires cash generation to be lifted.

Does Bowyer have an evil, crooked agent pulling the wool over the owner's eyes or are his wicked machinations all his own work?

Correct.

Look we all know hes not good enough to be a manager with the results and performances hes not produced.

What next ...i saw Bowyer in Tesco with a CLARET jumper on ..cue 14 pages of more plots and sub plots..

If I saw Bowyer in Tesco's with a CLARET jumper on he'd get a lot more that 14 pages......plus I'd ask him what the feck he's doing sciving off in Bangkok ^_^

Bowyer isn't above professional or personal criticism with some not all of the stuff he comes out with.

For me if he had any integrity he'd walk citing the step up was too much for him and he's bumbled his way through last 2 full seasons of underachievement on a wing and a prayer. With a premier league wage bill in the championship. And only did well in the first few months of that first season down.

However, I suspect he's just like the majority of his peers a delusional money grabbing chancer in it for himself. Reluctant to hand over power of what will be his last crack as the manager of a professional football team.

Back to someone's under 21s or as a coach where he's always belonged.

he's under pressure, boo hoo.

The owners won't sack him, that seems clear. To hang on in a job where you're out of your depth just to cling on for a nice pay off might be a human thing to do, but it's weakness and it doesn't endear people to you when they depend on your performance.

I don't care about conspiracies, Ijust don't want to see this club relegated and to hear his excuses as he drags us down does indeed sand my nipples

I don't see that much wrong with the quote, if you have players other people want to pay a lot of money for then you have good players. If you've picked them up for next to nowt you're entitled to crow about it for me. Especially when your club is subject to a transfer embargo which requires cash generation to be lifted.

Does Bowyer have an evil, crooked agent pulling the wool over the owner's eyes or are his wicked machinations all his own work?

So you think those quotes are fair and reasonable and don't sound like an out-of-his-depth, struggling individual promoted beyond his ability, and taking the @#/? out of the fans?

Would you feel any differently if Kean himself had made those comments? And if so, why?

Now if Blackburn Rovers FC were in the poultry business improving the value of your assets and therefore the turnover would be a good gauge to be judge on, and until the Football Association start awarding points for increasing player value surely the radical idea of winning games and getting points on the board should be a priority of any manager , this seems a mute point at Ewood as the coach can only big himself up on the poultry rearing model and not on the reason for a football club being in existence to win games.

Bowyer isn't above professional or personal criticism with some not all of the stuff he comes out with.

For me if he had any integrity he'd walk citing the step up was too much for him and he's bumbled his way through last 2 full seasons of underachievement on a wing and a prayer. With a premier league wage bill in the championship. And only did well in the first few months of that first season down.

However, I suspect he's just like the majority of his peers a delusional money grabbing chancer in it for himself. Reluctant to hand over power of what will be his last crack as the manager of a professional football team.

Back to someone's under 21s or as a coach where he's always belonged.

Maybe he believes he can still do the job and doesn't want to give it up on that basis. That is probably a minority view but

it hardly warrants personal abuse and bringing his integrity into question.

So you think those quotes are fair and reasonable and don't sound like an out-of-his-depth, struggling individual promoted beyond his ability, and taking the @#/? out of the fans?

Would you feel any differently if Kean himself had made those comments? And if so, why?

You seem convinced that Bowyer is at it. Do you have any evidence of this? Other than paranoia?

Maybe he believes he can still do the job and doesn't want to give it up on that basis. That is probably a minority view but

it hardly warrants personal abuse and bringing his integrity into question.

Believing he can do the job comes under delusion issue. If he's doesn't believe he can do the job and he's hanging around for personal gratification above the benefit of the club its integrity issues. It's one or the other

I can'tbring myself to keep up to date with Bowyer so i'm presuming it's a recent quote...How can he pretend that our squad is worth more than six months ago when it is now without Gestede and Cairney? Where is this 10m+ of extra talent that he's whisked in - it can only be Petshi.

So, yes you can measure success in different ways Gary...but you aren't being successful in any other way than the art of talking utter tripe.

Archived