BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

• Moderation Lead

Well, we're going down.

Gary the gurning loser chuckles like the cat who got the cream as Rovers sail to oblivion.

I am past anger now, a kind of sad apathy has set in. Our club has been run into the ground by an assortment of self-serving tosspots, charlatans and crooks and there is nothing we can do about it.

This. In a nutshell.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after nearly 3 years and still not being able to set the team up to defend properly it's probably time Bowyer was relieved of his duties. The club is desperate for some fresh impetus, be it through new owners, a new board or a new manager...or all three.

We should have got a draw today. We were robbed. BUT, i've come to the conclusion that Bowyer has run out of luck. The 3rd full year for any manager is the one they all fear apparently, 'the dreaded third year'. It might still turn round for him but it might be too late to find out if the owners don't act quickly. The team's in a rut and it's hard to get out of when things stay the same.

Who they'd replace him with is anyone's guess.

Well, after nearly 3 years and still not being able to set the team up to defend properly it's probably time Bowyer was relieved of his duties. The club is desperate for some fresh impetus, be it through new owners, a new board or a new manager...or all three.

We should have got a draw today. We were robbed. BUT, i've come to the conclusion that Bowyer has run out of luck. The 3rd full year for any manager is the one they all fear apparently, 'the dreaded third year'. It might still turn round for him but it might be too late to find out if the owners don't act quickly. The team's in a rut and it's hard to get out of when things stay the same.

Who they'd replace him with is anyone's guess.

Nothing against Bowyer as a person and hope he'd land on his feet if relieved of his duties, I just think we are in too precarious a position to be relying on him coming good.

If we replaced him with Short, I think I'd pack up football for good. An experienced manager would be a good start, however talent has to come before age if we are to find someone who can help us out of this mess. Hopefully Shaw might decide to earn his salary and pluck a good'un out for once... Then again, relying on Shaw... <Gulp>.

If he walked or was pushed they'd most likely ask Short to step into the breach temporarily. If he got a few results he might get the gig knowing this lot but it's just something we have to accept. We need points as if we go down under this lot that really is us finished so I don't care who delivers them now. We are quickly reaching the point were it couldn't get any worse as sooner or later the heads will start going down and he'll have lost the players.

It's just dawned on me that Gary Bowyer is Rovers' 3rd longest serving manager in the last 20 years.

He's had plenty of time to put his stamp on things, plenty of time to sort the defence and plenty of time to settle on a starting eleven. Actually, I'd love to know how many games in a row we have gone with the same 11. Can only be two or three.

Please resign Gary, or go back to the reserves because it just isn't going to work out well. Every manager has a shelf life and yours was 10 months ago.

We won't lose on Tuesday and that I can absolutely GUARANTEE

i know what you mean, but I was thinking that a couple of games back but still no win.

i think todays game will have taken a lot out of the players mentally and physically, i can see the players folding completely if it carries on this way resulting in us recieving an embarrassingly heavy loss

I haven't a clue what day it is. I'd almost forgotten how to speak English this morning after 6 weeks in France

I was fortunate enough to miss the Cardiff and Brighton games whilst on the Côte d'Azur yet unlucky enough to catch half the Bolton game at the airport. Back to Ewood next week. Yayyy!

Archived