BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://audioboom.com/boos/3563784-l

Firstly, Bayes continues to let Gaz get away with murder during these pressers. If you didn't know any better you'd have thought we were progressing well in mid-table. It's an absolute joke. Not one pressing question concerning our plight.

Secondly 'Fulham spent more on deadline day than we have in our whole time here' is just a downright lie, no? I imagine he's talking about Stearman who cost just a few hundred grand more than Duffy alone (stand to be corrected on that but GB's total outlays will certainly be higher).

Edit - I see they signed Ryan Fredericks too but I'd imagine that was a nominal fee.

Things like this show he's not a decent but a devious man. Not only out of his depth but also lying and winging with every excuse he can to stay there.

No wonder fans are disillusioned.

Secondly 'Fulham spent more on deadline day than we have in our whole time here' is just a downright lie, no? .

Unfortunately it's not a lie. How many players have Fulham sold to pay for these players?

If you put all the transfer fees together, sales an purchases over 3 years, GB and his team are on a negative spend. If you take this summer out the equation I'd suggest we'd broke even on the signings we've made, with what we had previously recouped.

The problem mainly in this department (IMO) is that we've spent most of the money we had on paying @#/? off.

Whilst I loath the making of excuses like everybody here, I also hate the damage done to our club and the continuous knock on effect of those ridiculous years.

When will we lose those shackles? I don't know. It's obvious that GB isn't the man to galvanise us in the face of this kind of obscurity, but just who is, and can the current idiots find him?

Things like this show he's not a decent but a devious man.

I couldn't disagree more. GB may be a rank average manager at very best, but devious? I still think we owe him a lot of gratitude for his initial work so I find this kind of post uneasy.

That's not defending a manager at any cost like "a cup of beans" may suggest.

It's having an opinion and expressing it!

Unfortunately it's not a lie. How many players have Fulham sold to pay for these players?

If you put all the transfer fees together, sales an purchases over 3 years, GB and his team are on a negative spend. If you take this summer out the equation I'd suggest we'd broke even on the signings we've made, with what we had previously recouped.

The problem mainly in this department (IMO) is that we've spent most of the money we had on paying @#/? off.

Whilst I loath the making of excuses like everybody here, I also hate the damage done to our club and the continuous knock on effect of those ridiculous years.

When will we lose those shackles? I don't know. It's obvious that GB isn't the man to galvanise us in the face of this kind of obscurity, but just who is, and can the current idiots find him?

I couldn't disagree more. GB may be a rank average manager at very best, but devious? I still think we owe him a lot of gratitude for his initial work so I find this kind of post uneasy.

That's not defending a manager at any cost like "a cup of beans" may suggest.

It's having an opinion and expressing it!

How else do you explain his comments? No problem with you having a different opinion but if you look at his comments as a whole how else are they to be interpreted? And sure maybe one or two can be explained away but that volume?

Btw I don't find it easy to dislike the man. Bar Hughes can't think of a manager I initially likes as a guy more but him comments increasingly put him in a negative light.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13716099.Gary_Bowyer__Blackburn_Rovers_did_best_business_of_transfer_window_by_keeping_Jordan_Rhodes/?ref=mac

He just can't help blowing his own trumpet, I find it quite nauseating:

“I spoke with them (Venkys) last week, they were fine, no problem, and we just talked about how we can keep getting better,” said Bowyer. “They’re fully aware of the situation, they’re aware that since we took over we’ve reduced the wage bill by £20-odd million, and at the same time, we’ve bought sensibly, and used their money wisely, and when we’ve had to cash-in, to use a phrase, there have been massive profits on the output.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13716099.Gary_Bowyer__Blackburn_Rovers_did_best_business_of_transfer_window_by_keeping_Jordan_Rhodes/?ref=mac

“I spoke with them (Venkys) last week, they were fine, no problem, and we just talked about how we can keep getting better,” said Bowyer. “They’re fully aware of the situation, they’re aware that since we took over we’ve reduced the wage bill by £20-odd million, and at the same time, we’ve bought sensibly, and used their money wisely, and when we’ve had to cash-in, to use a phrase, there have been massive profits on the output.”

This quote is making me furious. There haven't been a single mention of all the money lost on not being a Premier League club. Not to mention that we are not even close to becoming one.

This quote is making me furious. There haven't been a single mention of all the money lost on not being a Premier League club. Not to mention that we are not even close to becoming one.

The band members' uniforms are just so smart and what a great version of Abide with Me..and as for those well ordered deckchairs...FOB!!

A few more bad results and expect Bowyer to go into full Steve Kean 'invincibility' mode. He's showing signs of his arrogance and I worry this will come out further over the next few weeks. Drop more points and he'll be bigging himself up even more, won't hear even a hint of admission as to our poor run and he'll still be laughing and joking away with interviewers. I imagine he'll turn infinitely more bitter should the fans boo or begin to turn at Ewood. He snapped at supporters before and he will again.

“I spoke with them last week, they were fine, no problem, and we just talked about how we can keep getting better,” said Bowyer.

Keep?

I know what you mean. 'Keep getting better' so in the deluded ones f-up world no wins in 5 and a GD of -2 is an improvement. He's lost touch with reality perhaps because he believes he's untouchable and the worry is that maybe he is.

He failed over 2 years when he didn't have to sell anyone. Why are we surprised he's failing this season.

FFP, transfers, money, wages, blah blah blah.

All excuses that we knew would start this season.

What's your excuse for the last two seasons Gaz? Look in the mirror mate.

A few more bad results and expect Bowyer to go into full Steve Kean 'invincibility' mode. He's showing signs of his arrogance and I worry this will come out further over the next few weeks. Drop more points and he'll be bigging himself up even more, won't hear even a hint of admission as to our poor run and he'll still be laughing and joking away with interviewers. I imagine he'll turn infinitely more bitter should the fans boo or begin to turn at Ewood. He snapped at supporters before and he will again.

He's already there!

Sick and tired of listening to Bowyer wax lyrical while the Ship is sinking...the fans are not fookin idiots man!

Lost patience with the bloke ages ago tbh,now he just pathetically rambles on like the unspeakable one.

Once was enough.

Well we've got it twice this C@@@ is really making my blood boil in his interviews

• Backroom

I know what you mean. 'Keep getting better' so in the deluded ones f-up world no wins in 5 and a GD of -2 is an improvement. He's lost touch with reality perhaps because he believes he's untouchable and the worry is that maybe he is.

After seeing his interview on Sky before the Bolton game I was fairly certain we were into another Steve Kean situation. Every quote that comes out from him these days only makes that seem more likely.

I think we're going to be stuck with GB for some time yet. If/when the fans turn on him we'll see if he is a man of his word and resigns, or whether he's here to take as much as he can out of the club regardless of results.

Going off that Shaw interview the other day some seemed to see it as him passing the buck onto manger but I didn't. I got the feeling they are all very comfortable with the situation and the manager. Venkys couldn't give a toss they want the least amount of hassle possible whilst the club is used for their money to flow through it in whatever purpose it serves to them.

I just want some points on the board and if they don't start to come the guy has to go and if he sticks around he deserves both barrels from us paying fans, end of.

I spoke with them (Venkys) last week, they were fine, no problem, and we just talked about how we can keep getting better, said Bowyer. Theyre fully aware of the situation, theyre aware that since we took over weve reduced the wage bill by £20-odd million, and at the same time, weve bought sensibly, and used their money wisely, and when weve had to cash-in, to use a phrase, there have been massive profits on the output.

Jbizzle want to validate these comments too? Not trying to score points but illustrate why I and others dislike him so much.

No problem despite no wins in 5

Keep getting better

Mention of massive profits.

Classy guy our Garry...

• Backroom

In fairness Jbizzle has said himself he thinks GB is a man out of his depth and isn't the man to take us forward but opts to try and be positive about him whilst he is here.

Feels like a big day for him tomorrow, a win will see him safe for a good while and a loss seems like the end, scrappy draw just leaves things as they are most likely.

Hope he gets brave again like he did at Leeds when under pressure

Jbizzle want to validate these comments too? Not trying to score points but illustrate why I and others dislike him so much.

No problem despite no wins in 5

Keep getting better

Mention of massive profits.

Classy guy our Garry...

Words are worth nothing when we haven't won in 5 and in bottom three as Tom points out. I don't listen to his interviews, in fact I don't read the telegraph at all anymore. That's more down to the turn it's taken recently.

I wouldn't hear much of what GB says if it wasn't posted on here. When I have read what he says, I've always thought he was uncomfortable in front of a camera or microphone. I'm not judging him on "audition" comments or the mass hysteria caused by the "great support" line on the BBC...

I'd always judge him for his work as manager. Overall I think he's done a good job but when a team goes 5 or more games without winning, it changes very drastically.

Lose tomorrow and I think he should go but only if the right man is already lined up. A change doesn't guarantee glory, just like sticking doesn't guarantee relegation.

Keep getting better sounds like motivational coach talk to me, ask Stuart how he keeps his teams head up if they've had a few bad games. If it's margins, keep increasing the work rate, keep trying more, keep upping it bit by bit and it will come. I don't think you'd get many experienced managers making that comment though - big Sam for instance would have probably said something to take pressure off like focusing on the run of games ahead as opposed to behind, or examining the areas that need to be better IE finishing.

Massive profits? I doubt he said that in so many words. We can't argue with GB in terms of what he inherited, and what we've got now. 20m off the wage bill scares the life out of me, just how much was Dixon, best, Robbo, et all earning?

If we treat the scenario like any other, it's not difficult to be completely cheesed off by the rattling of old rhetoric. Alas it's a bit different though, what really matters still is those points.

On a relative subject, (not comparing qualities) just how bad is Jose Mourinho coming across at the moment?

One of the most successful around sounds like a bigger kid everyday. Moaning and excusing everything to avoid any blame.

Words are worth nothing when we haven't won in 5 and in bottom three as Tom points out. I don't listen to his interviews, in fact I don't read the telegraph at all anymore. That's more down to the turn it's taken recently.

I wouldn't hear much of what GB says if it wasn't posted on here. When I have read what he says, I've always thought he was uncomfortable in front of a camera or microphone. I'm not judging him on "audition" comments or the mass hysteria caused by the "great support" line on the BBC...

I'd always judge him for his work as manager. Overall I think he's done a good job but when a team goes 5 or more games without winning, it changes very drastically.

Lose tomorrow and I think he should go but only if the right man is already lined up. A change doesn't guarantee glory, just like sticking doesn't guarantee relegation.

Keep getting better sounds like motivational coach talk to me, ask Stuart how he keeps his teams head up if they've had a few bad games. If it's margins, keep increasing the work rate, keep trying more, keep upping it bit by bit and it will come. I don't think you'd get many experienced managers making that comment though - big Sam for instance would have probably said something to take pressure off like focusing on the run of games ahead as opposed to behind, or examining the areas that need to be better IE finishing.

Massive profits? I doubt he said that in so many words. We can't argue with GB in terms of what he inherited, and what we've got now. 20m off the wage bill scares the life out of me, just how much was Dixon, best, Robbo, et all earning?

If we treat the scenario like any other, it's not difficult to be completely cheesed off by the rattling of old rhetoric. Alas it's a bit different though, what really matters still is those points.

On a relative subject, (not comparing qualities) just how bad is Jose Mourinho coming across at the moment?

One of the most successful around sounds like a bigger kid everyday. Moaning and excusing everything to avoid any blame.

You don't listen to his interviews, you don't read them and you doubt he said 'massive profits'. Blinkered view to suit.

Archived