BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

He didn't have a wobble in the last game Chris, he kept a clean sheet!!

You missed the (apparently)

I don't know, I haven't seen him play. Plenty on here have said his form has dipped. Are you saying this forum is wrong? I won't have it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed the (apparently)

I don't know, I haven't seen him play. Plenty on here have said his form has dipped. Are you saying this forum is wrong? I won't have it.

Wouldn't know about form as he's hardly played. Do I think he's the answer in goal? Well, he's much of a muchness with the other 2 so no.

He didn't earn his chance. He made a few mistakes during pre-season, I said he wasn't ready but Bowyer would throw him in and revert back to Steele after 5 games. He did just that.

Come on Chris, you've got to admit the tinkering is unnecessary at best.

You said that? On here? Do you have a link? Fair play to you if you do.

I suppose any change he makes will be done with player value in mind. At least to some on here in any case.

You said that? On here? Do you have a link? Fair play to you if you do.

I suppose any change he makes will be done with player value in mind. At least to some on here in any case.

I thought it was pretty obvious tbh Chris. As soon as I saw Raya starting the first game, I knew it was a matter of time before Steele was swapped back in.

I thought it was a needless change to begin with. I'll try and find a link when on laptop.

The absolute worst result today now is a plucky 2-1 loss with us nearly equalising as he will be able to spin it.

Surely he has to be brave now and go for it

He'd spin it if we lost 5-0 though. 'Created more chances than them', 'missed Loweys energy in there today', 'the owners can see what we're trying to do'.

Just sick and tired of it all. No light at the end of the tunnel whatsoever.

Well, you called it spot on there, Tom. 2-1 defeat is what we got and it will definitely give Bowyer and his supporters something to cling to.

But...

However many chances, however many times we hit the woodwork, how ever much that goal should have stood, Rovers are paying the price for the manager picking the wrong team again.

We are never going to win matches whilst we give the opposition the initiative from the start, and then look like we are doing well when we have to put Duffy up front.

We only ever play when we are behind. There is never any urgency to try to win a game.

Dembele could easily have provided the sucker punch at the end and it would have been deserved.

We have players that are good enough to challenge for the top 6 and a manager good enough for the bottom 6. Someone needs to do that maths and quickly, because the only people who will suffer out of all this is the fans.

I am sure GB will remain in charge again, but if he was to leave...

Derek McInnes? Doing a great job with Aberdeen. Not really given a fair shot at Bristol City

I can't see him leaving before the end of the season. I can see them taking it all the way to the final day, with Celtic, this year. If they do and win, he'll go down in history.

He has played a blinder, Kean v2. The second unsackable manager during Venky's era. Befriend the owners on a personal level and make it extra difficult for them to sack them.

He is going nowhere.

Best mate as recruitment man, best man as head of Academy, Dad as scout and adviser so on and so forth. It will be a difficult and expensive job if they have to replace em all. Dangerous game letting people build their own little empire without someone on the ground ruling over them. The result is what we see now, serious lack of leadership or direction.

Archived