BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dialogue With The Owners

47er

I been through most of Venkys company sites and every email you and make contact with rebounds!

I've only spent a week in India on business but one of the biggest things that struck me (and there were many) is that the one thing money buys you in India is privacy. It is unbelievably crowded and noisy the whole time, exhaustingly so, so to be dined in the private dining room at the Taj Mahal hotel in Mumbai or have cocktails in the vast grounds of the Polo Club were everyday experiences for the people I was visiting, who weren't a fraction as wealthy as the Rao's. Their money buys them insulation from the multitude, and they take being insulated from unwanted intrusions for granted.

Even moderately well off people in India employ a host of servants to do virtually everything for them, it's how that society works. Over half the population comprise the Serving classes and very grateful they are for it as it's a lot better than life for the Struggling classes. Even middle managers in Venky's will be completely used to living a life we would see as being treated like royalty. So it's no real surprise, to me at least, to read that cold-call emails and phone calls sent to people at the very top of a huge pyramid don't get a response.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only spent a week in India on business but one of the biggest things that struck me (and there were many) is that the one thing money buys you in India is privacy. It is unbelievably crowded and noisy the whole time, exhaustingly so, so to be dined in the private dining room at the Taj Mahal hotel in Mumbai or have cocktails in the vast grounds of the Polo Club were everyday experiences for the people I was visiting, who weren't a fraction as wealthy as the Rao's. Their money buys them insulation from the multitude, and they take being insulated from unwanted intrusions for granted.

Even moderately well off people in India employ a host of servants to do virtually everything for them, it's how that society works. Over half the population comprise the Serving classes and very grateful they are for it as it's a lot better than life for the Struggling classes. Even middle managers in Venky's will be completely used to living a life we would see as being treated like royalty. So it's no real surprise, to me at least, to read that cold-call emails and phone calls sent to people at the very top of a huge pyramid don't get a response.

The official description is the caste system, there by design and very unlikely to come to an end.

The official description is the caste system, there by design and very unlikely to come to an end.

That's a bit too complex for the likes of me to understand, whereas I can relate more to the simplistic division of Wealthy class, Serving class and Struggling class. I think it's the Serving class part that drives the biggest difference between how the Wealthy class there and the likes of us see the world.

That's a bit too complex for the likes of me to understand, whereas I can relate more to the simplistic division of Wealthy class, Serving class and Struggling class. I think it's the Serving class part that drives the biggest difference between how the Wealthy class there and the likes of us see the world.

At any point on your trip did you see or hear anyone question a superior member of any of the organisations that you were visiting ?

I chose the word superior carefully

Do they think us fans are just paupers from the slums? I'd wager there's more rovers fans who could run their empire better than them! I'm talking Wayne Wild and that sort. I've heard they've started building on a huge project without planning permission!

Do they think us fans are just paupers from the slums - yes (actually they know it)

I'd wager there's more rovers fans who could run their empire better than them - they already have minions doing that for them

I'm talking Wayne Wild and that sort - no chance, not subservient enough

I've heard they've started building on a huge project without planning permission - been around for a while now that, Madam threatened with court proceedings and jail term possible if found guilty, not sure where it is up to at the moment but being India you could expect some brown envelopes to sort out the situation

I'd wager there's more rovers fans who could run their empire better than them! I'm talking Wayne Wild and that

He has a market stall compared to their vast wealth and diverse businesses They are stupid when it comes to running a football club (which isn't like normal business ) but you can't argue their business credentials.

Do they think us fans are just paupers from the slums - yes (actually they know it)

I'd wager there's more rovers fans who could run their empire better than them - they already have minions doing that for them

I'm talking Wayne Wild and that sort - no chance, not subservient enough

I've heard they've started building on a huge project without planning permission - been around for a while now that, Madam threatened with court proceedings and jail term possible if found guilty, not sure where it is up to at the moment but being India you could expect some brown envelopes to sort out the situation

Haha yeah a bit of "confused" money seems to go a long way in Venkynob land!

He has a market stall compared to their vast wealth and diverse businesses They are stupid when it comes to running a football club (which isn't like normal business ) but you can't argue their business credentials.

I'd take the market stall entrepreneur over these muppets any day of the week! At least the fruit n veg guy makes a profit and cares about our club.

You can as their father set it up.

As far as can be seen from the public face of these people, their success was handed to them by their parents, and they have no more credibility or credentials in business terms than any other second generation 'business dynasty'. Having successful parents doesn't automatically result in success for the following offspring, with a good example being our late benefactor's children. No, what Venkys have is a well oiled machine with momentum and critical mass in key areas, which means it continues to roll forward (in the chicken sucking mass markets for cheap food) thereby giving the impression of business acumen. The tell-tale for me is the crass stupidity and poor taste demonstrated by Blingy Bill (Balaji) and the cringeworthy obsequious affect of the nerdy other brother. As for 'madame', well the woman is simply so far up her own rectum she probably thinks the sun really does shine from that awful orifice.

I hate these wastrels with a passion. I just wish they would feck off and allow our club to be run by football people once again.

:rover:

I think the only way to get their attention is to nick their chicken balti's

Savio has the lowdown, can't use the name of Blackburn Rovers in their title anymore, there is also more to it as well with a dispute over some money, that may have been sorted now though, not sure

Hi All, sorry have not been around much lately had a lot on with the disabled supporters club I can reveal the disabled supporters club is now back up and running thankfully we have now been advised we can now use the blackburn rovers name and so it seems things are moving along nicely and thankfully I am still on the committee and all the issues that were raised with the club have now thankfully been all resolved and at the end of september a trip to Liverpool with sliding doors is planned and in October when Bob Compton will be induced into the football museum in Manchester we are planning a trip to the museum and hopefully in the near future we are looking at a day trip to the Lake District. So loads going on. If anyone is interested in joining our club anyone is welcome to join.

Very true Stuart. I think there has been a rush to solutions. Some people only do business with people with who they have a rapport and they trust, maybe the owners are like that. I'd want to know how and why the owners do business with the people they do before charging ahead with proposals, offers to meet etc. The obvious visible links between the Trust and the Action group may also be an issue in getting anything going.

What? Blame Glen now? The point you keep misssing is that they refuse to talk to ANYONE (other than some of their employees, presumably)

Hi All, sorry have not been around much lately had a lot on with the disabled supporters club I can reveal the disabled supporters club is now back up and running thankfully we have now been advised we can now use the blackburn rovers name and so it seems things are moving along nicely and thankfully I am still on the committee and all the issues that were raised with the club have now thankfully been all resolved and at the end of september a trip to Liverpool with sliding doors is planned and in October when Bob Compton will be induced into the football museum in Manchester we are planning a trip to the museum and hopefully in the near future we are looking at a day trip to the Lake District. So loads going on. If anyone is interested in joining our club anyone is welcome to join.

Glad to hear that they've seen sense. Well done Savio. :rover:

What? Blame Glen now? The point you keep misssing is that they refuse to talk to ANYONE (other than some of their employees, presumably)

Why so snippy? I haven't missed your point at all, I'm questioning your interpretation of it: that they are congenitally incapable of communicating. I'm actually trying to be helpful - were any of the missives sent in Hindi for example? But you seem determined to play the helpless card so I'll back off now. It's not me who wants to talk to them.

Why so snippy? I haven't missed your point at all, I'm questioning your interpretation of it: that they are congenitally incapable of communicating. I'm actually trying to be helpful - were any of the missives sent in Hindi for example? But you seem determined to play the helpless card so I'll back off now. It's not me who wants to talk to them.

You started a thread saying we needed to speak to them.

You started a thread saying we needed to speak to them.

CLB did, I joined in

We spent pages discussing your pleas to enter meaningful dialogue with Venkys and blaming the fans' attitude for it being impossible.

So I think you are rewriting history now.

All this emotive "Blaming the fans attitude". I must admit I find it hard to accept the "They won't talk to us"

when I believe not every avenue has been followed up, but you seem wedded to it.

CLB did, I joined in

All this emotive "Blaming the fans attitude". I must admit I find it hard to accept the "They won't talk to us"

when I believe not every avenue has been followed up, but you seem wedded to it.

After you then EiT, you do the hard yards and make contact, instead of criticising others?

CLB did, I joined in

Which particular avenue do you believe has not been followed up? Easy to talk in general terms, but specifically what has not been done that should have been?

I remain convinced that these owners are impossible to deal with and will bring us to complete melt-down sooner or later.

After you then EiT, you do the hard yards and make contact, instead of criticising others?

Like I said, I'm not the one who wants to speak to them. And those that do seem to think everything possible was done, so I assume they could kill the debate easily by elaborating how the contact attempts incorporated an in-depth comprehension of Indian culture, Indian business culture and Venky's company decision-making process.

Archived