BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dialogue With The Owners

47er

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe that the Indians ever saw this as a business, merely a vehicle to promote their brand in pastures new. This is pretty much borne out by the naive and pretty much ignorant comments made by the matriarch (£5m per window spend, 'leasing' players etc).

Blackburn Rovers had, to put it in more business context an excellent sales team in Messrs Williams, Finn and Allardyce. They knew the business they were in, were smart operators in this area and most importantly were trustworthy and committed. The Indians systematically dismantled this structure and replaced them with inferior people who were pretty much the opposite. This was purely down to them primarily because they trusted the wrong people who were bordering on villainous. Would they have done the same with their other businesses? I think not.

They are reaping what they sowed and we, the fans are collateral damage but we are here for life, they are passing through. I sincerely hope this venture costs them millions such is my disdain for them. Their ignorance and arrogance is astounding. To not engage with their customers shows them up for what they are.

Never forgive, never forget.

Is it rocket science to know how the club was run and operated before the Venky's ? BRFC and almost all other clubs are ALSO a business if not ONLY a business.

The club was in the top half of the elite ffs . That's how we was run. Now we lucky to be top of L1 next year. Pune ? Think your from the cobbled part of the m65 ( humour warning just for you )

ABBEY. agreed. None of my posts say that the club was not mis-managed. I agree it was and it still is. Is the club in a worse position then it was when Venky's took over? Ofcourse it is. I am not debating that at all. My short and simple point is only this.

Venkys will only listen if they are offered money.

I don't believe that the Indians ever saw this as a business, merely a vehicle to promote their brand in pastures new. This is pretty much borne out by the naive and pretty much ignorant comments made by the matriarch (£5m per window spend, 'leasing' players etc).

Blackburn Rovers had, to put it in more business context an excellent sales team in Messrs Williams, Finn and Allardyce. They knew the business they were in, were smart operators in this area and most importantly were trustworthy and committed. The Indians systematically dismantled this structure and replaced them with inferior people who were pretty much the opposite. This was purely down to them primarily because they trusted the wrong people who were bordering on villainous. Would they have done the same with their other businesses? I think not.

They are reaping what they sowed and we, the fans are collateral damage but we are here for life, they are passing through. I sincerely hope this venture costs them millions such is my disdain for them. Their ignorance and arrogance is astounding. To not engage with their customers shows them up for what they are.

You are very fair minded. There is a school of thought that the Venkys bought into the concept on offer via 'You Know Who' from Day 1 and were a full party to all that transpired. The flaw in the plan being a primary one and that was remaining in the PL. That failed because they appointed a Scottish Cock as in Prick who couldn't manage a @#/? up in the proverbial.

I give the Venkys absolutely no ground on this - they knew.

An interesting debate between Stuart and the newbie punerover (LOL) - imo both make good valid points and my simplistic view is that a League Club (any Division) in the modern age has to be run as a business but has to have a heart and soul which first and foremost is the local community and the Club must realate to its Fan BASE on quite frankly a daily basis - that's what the back page of the local rag was for and social media is for in the IT age.

ABBEY. agreed. None of my posts say that the club was not mis-managed. I agree it was and it still is. Is the club in a worse position then it was when Venky's took over? Ofcourse it is. I am not debating that at all. My short and simple point is only this.

Cash for questions

You are very fair minded. There is a school of thought that the Venkys bought into the concept on offer via 'You Know Who' from Day 1 and were a full party to all that transpired. The flaw in the plan being a primary one and that was remaining in the PL. That failed because they appointed a Scottish Cock as in Prick who couldn't manage a @#/? up in the proverbial.

I give the Venkys absolutely no ground on this - they knew.

An interesting debate between Stuart and the newbie punerover (LOL) - imo both make good valid points and my simplistic view is that a League Club (any Division) in the modern age has to be run as a business but has to have a heart and soul which first and foremost is the local community and the Club must realate to its Fan BASE on quite frankly a daily basis - that's what the back page of the local rag was for and social media is for in the IT age.

One day my friend we will find out the truth behind the whole sorry episode.

Well they could be waiting an awful long time, Punerover. They have run this Club(business) into the ground to the point where it is worthless. With no income and a massive gap between that and the expenditure column there is nothing to buy.

This has now got to a stage where our only hope is that they say enough is enough , stop the tap of pouring money into it and decide to cut their losses and give it away.

There is absolutely nothing to buy, for the Trust, the Ian's or an Arab billionaire. It is shot as a business and whenever these clowns choose to leave it will be clear the decks and start again scenario.

I think not too, and that's the mystery behind the whole thing. Maybe our agent friend is a better salesman than he is given credit for; he persuaded the club to give him the search brief and must have been in front of the Trust at some point, both of which perhaps aided his credibility with those in Pune.

I think not too, and that's the mystery behind the whole thing. Maybe our agent friend is a better salesman than he is given credit for; he persuaded the club to give him the search brief and must have been in front of the Trust at some point, both of which perhaps aided his credibility with those in Pune.

I will stand to be corrected on this but the nameless one and partners had grounds to believe he effectively had Rovers in the bag, then got his finder's deal, then went looking for a buyer.

What I'd really like cleared up, once and for all, is just what kind of wealth this lot actually have. Because until that becomes apparent nothing we speculate about has any context. I mean if they're seriously rich (I'm talking about a few billion) then you could see them covering these losses for sh!ts and giggles. But if we're talking about a group worth maybe a tenth of that then we must surely be near the end if the line. I can't believe that, what, four five years on nobody has been able to define what bracket this lot are in. All the indicators still suggest to me they're paupers in footballing terms. Yet we keep hearing things to the contrary. Surely to God someone must know something about this lot. When they rocked up and bought the club it seemed incredibly bizarre. All these years on and it's still an absolute mystery to me. Id struggle to think up a more random marriage.

What I'd really like cleared up, once and for all, is just what kind of wealth this lot actually have. Because until that becomes apparent nothing we speculate about has any context. I mean if they're seriously rich (I'm talking about a few billion) then you could see them covering these losses for sh!ts and giggles. But if we're talking about a group worth maybe a tenth of that then we must surely be near the end if the line. I can't believe that, what, four five years on nobody has been able to define what bracket this lot are in. All the indicators still suggest to me they're paupers in footballing terms. Yet we keep hearing things to the contrary. Surely to God someone must know something about this lot. When they rocked up and bought the club it seemed incredibly bizarre. All these years on and it's still an absolute mystery to me. Id struggle to think up a more random marriage.

Forbes? im pretty sure i once read, that Venkys were in the top 100 i think best small companies in the world. Whatever that means, and how much they actually worth i cant remember. a few mentions had them at 1 Billion, a few other places only at 300 million, but that this was excluding assets etc other investments which doesnt fall under their chicken business

Today, the diversified VH Group is a USD 1 billion conglomerate[citation needed] and a large Asian poultry company. The group has diversified into 29 fields including: poultry, processed food, animal vaccines, pharma and healthcare products.[citation needed] The company's Specific Pathogen Free Egg unit (in technical collaboration with SPAFAS Inc. USA) is among four such units in the world and the only one of its kind in the developing world.[citation needed]

Forbes ranked Venky's as 67 among the 100 best global small companies in the year 2000.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venky%27s

http://profit.ndtv.com/stock/venkys-_venkeys/reports

Forbes? im pretty sure i once read, that Venkys were in the top 100 i think best small companies in the world. Whatever that means, and how much they actually worth i cant remember. a few mentions had them at 1 Billion, a few other places only at 300 million, but that this was excluding assets etc other investments which doesnt fall under their chicken business

Today, the diversified VH Group is a USD 1 billion conglomerate[citation needed] and a large Asian poultry company. The group has diversified into 29 fields including: poultry, processed food, animal vaccines, pharma and healthcare products.[citation needed] The company's Specific Pathogen Free Egg unit (in technical collaboration with SPAFAS Inc. USA) is among four such units in the world and the only one of its kind in the developing world.[citation needed]

Forbes ranked Venky's as 67 among the 100 best global small companies in the year 2000.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venky%27s

http://profit.ndtv.com/stock/venkys-_venkeys/reports

They've lost 20% of that US$1 billion on us!!! I see we are not named as one of their ''business interests''.

No wonder TBTF, it's not a business they are interested in!

Exactly, we're an example of why chicken farmers shouldn't get ideas above their chicken coups, its was only ever going to end one way, badly.

Offered money for what?

You haven't got a clue about how football clubs work.

The club is costing them £20m a season, it is WORTHLESS.

They should be paying someone to take it off their hands.

Ive come to the conclusion the only dialogue needed is :

"Wake up! Engage and sort this FKing mess out. or .. "

Continue wasting your family fortune"

What do banks/companies do with bad debts? They write them off.

I'm not sure whether Rovers'/VLL's debts are bad or irrecoverably toxic.

In any case since the club is not essential to the future prosperity of Venky's conglomerate, the sensible decision would be to write the debts off and dispose of the company as a debt-free entity for £1. The debts are gargantuan, the income comparatively anaemic, so that would seem the most commercially-sensible decision to take, as there's no real hope of getting their money back. it's been flushed down the toilet.

So, why aren't they doing that? More to the point, if they're keeping us, then it's either out of stubborness, fear or because they believe they can turn it round. which is it?

If they wanted to turn it round, they've a funny way of showing it.

Its probably : stubbornness, fear or face saving (or a combination of all 3).

IMO Fan pressure needs lobbying or cranking up.... and quick.

didn't happen in the premier. There are not enough fans with the passion to crank it up sadly.

There was twenty mins of VENKYS OUT when we got relegated , a few tried/got on the pitch and that was that. Next season nothing.

Archived