BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dialogue With The Owners

47er

Exiled in Toronto----you were calling for talks with the owners to try and find common ground with the supporters and blaming supporter obduracy for talks not taking off.

You might be interested in this part email from the Trust. apologies if this has been quoted elsewhere:

"The point here is not to have a go at individuals. The lack of communication is symptomatic of the malaise running from top-to-bottom of Blackburn Rovers starting with the owners.

A coherent communications strategy starts from the top, it is agreed by whoever is in charge – even if that person does not want to be the public face of the organisation.

As has been said time and again, football is a unique proposition in business because of the proprietary attachment supporters have with their club. This works well in terms of securing and capitalising on customer attention and loyalty.

Put simply, the club appears to have no communications strategy, no obvious plan to involve supporters, to bring them on side, make them feel special about their club again.

There is no obvious plan to bring back disaffected fans to Ewood Park on match days. Attendances are showing no signs of increasing and the atmosphere inside the ground is hostile.

Since its inception in 2012, the Rovers Trust has consistently and presciently warned of what was to come – not by crystal ball-gazing, but by an intelligent reflection of the facts and the actions of the owners and those placed in charge of the club and team.

Sadly, our predications came true even as our warnings went unheeded.

Now, we can rail against the former Walker Trust for selling to the Venky’s and against the present owners for the financial situation and for bringing relegation and embargos onto the club.

But, we think it's very fair to say that so many supporters, from the Rovers Trust, to potential club sponsors and investors and ordinary fans with no agenda would like to see the club and the fans working together again.

The Rovers Trust has tried to talk to the owners - either through direct communication, through club board members, official business communiques, formal requests for meetings, offers of help, business proposals.

Club officials from the managing director down have all promised to set up meetings, facilitate dialogue, etc.

Nothing has happened, no response, no offers to talk, no thanks for efforts or concern put in, no acknowledgement of correspondence. Nothing.

This is what we mean when we say the club appears to have no communications strategy, no plan for liaising with supporters.

Some supporters believe the owners will never communicate with fans, supporters groups, potential investors, the business community or anybody orany organisation that might possibly be critical of their ownership even in a well-meant and positive way. But, the Rovers Trust is here to help the owners and those running the club change things for the better.

We would like to help in any way in a positive and constructive manner. Using the substantial expertise in business, communications, finance and local knowledge our members possess.

We believe it is never too late to start a dialogue that could lead to better times for Blackburn Rovers, even under the present ownership.

Supporters’ trusts nationally are going from strength to strength and will have an increasingly important role to play in the future of football in the United Kingdom.

Blackburn Rovers could be one of those enlightened clubs that embraces the future and brings supporters into the club family. At the moment, their season tickets are buying them entry to a bear-baiting contest every home game.

The more Blackburn Rovers fans join the Rovers Trust, the louder our voice will be. If you are a member, make sure you renew. And if you believe supporters trusts are the way forward, tell your friends to join too.

More details on our website: www.roverstrust.co.uk

Follow on Twitter Friend on Facebook Forward to Friend Copyright © 2015 Rovers Trust, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you previously asked to be kept informed of the latest developments of the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Investment Trust (BRSIT) / Rovers Trust

Our mailing address is:

Rovers Trust"

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No! They are presumably going to keep going at it. To no avail I imagine.

My point was, that in the recent discussion on here urging dialogue, the fans were blamed for their attitude to the ownres.

I hope that everyone now realises how impossible it is to deal with these owners. We still have too many people making excuses for them.

Many have tried but it is patently obvious to me that they have little or no interest in direct open dialogue with fans/fans representatives.

Can we not pretend to be a group of corrupt football agents and investors with a plan promising beneficial riches? they like that sort of thing allegedly

p.s we can also get Balaji a front row vip pass for a girls aloud gig that should sweeten the deal

OWD HAGS BUM WIPER " Mrs D you have email off Rovers fans!"

OWD HAG " Oh ignore them peasants ,how dare low life that contact me,ME of all people. We are are rich upper class Indians and own them ,what do they know about football."

OWD HAGS BUN WIPER "ok email deleted"

Is this not our comms officer's job to liaise with fans?

What is going on? Why is there such a void between the club (directors and management only and not owners) and the fans?

He's busy hassling Rovers Disabled supporters.

Message for Rao's, Shaw, Coar and Myers- Get out of Blackburn Rovers. The Club is ours.

I think the only way to get their attention is to nick their chicken balti's

Yes, the disabled supporters club is a real low point for the club.

Does anyone know the story here? Why have they been ordered to drop the name?

Savio has the lowdown, can't use the name of Blackburn Rovers in their title anymore, there is also more to it as well with a dispute over some money, that may have been sorted now though, not sure

No! They are presumably going to keep going at it. To no avail I imagine.

My point was, that in the recent discussion on here urging dialogue, the fans were blamed for their attitude to the ownres.

I hope that everyone now realises how impossible it is to deal with these owners. We still have too many people making excuses for them.

You are exaggerating what I was saying.

At the end of the day who wants the dialogue more? And how much do they want it?

All the approaches so far have failed, so do you give up or think of different approaches?

They clearly do not want direct dialogue with anyone who wants to criticise them or tell them their business, no matter how well meaning the motives. Maybe the owners just don't meet direct with people who have offers of help and financial proposals. They are busy people with many business interests. Maybe there's a long line of Indian business people at their offices every day who have chicekn proposals and who never get seen either. Context is everything.

So perhaps finding an intermediary who can build a rapport and see their side as well as the fans might be a step forward? Or finding someone within their organisation who a relationship can be built with?

I'm sure Putin is impossible to deal with but our ambassador hasn't given up, it's his job to find ways, no matter how obtuse they seem at first or how long they take.

You are exaggerating what I was saying.

At the end of the day who wants the dialogue more? And how much do they want it?

All the approaches so far have failed, so do you give up or think of different approaches?

They clearly do not want direct dialogue with anyone who wants to criticise them or tell them their business, no matter how well meaning the motives. Maybe the owners just don't meet direct with people who have offers of help and financial proposals. They are busy people with many business interests. Maybe there's a long line of Indian business people at their offices every day who have chicekn proposals and who never get seen either. Context is everything.

So perhaps finding an intermediary who can build a rapport and see their side as well as the fans might be a step forward? Or finding someone within their organisation who a relationship can be built with?

I'm sure Putin is impossible to deal with but our ambassador hasn't given up, it's his job to find ways, no matter how obtuse they seem at first or how long they take.

Maybe someone (perhaps Kamy, as he knows who it is) might try to start up dialogue with Shebby MkII. Just remember though, the Action Group started dialogue with Shebby MkI and got pelters for it - despite their original goal being achieved (with little gratitude from anyone).

We may not be able to choose who the intermediate is so if we end up with Singh back there can be no complaints. But I don't see how Singh and Shaw could work together.

We really need Shaw and Myers to step up. For Myers in particular to try to support dialogue with the Trust - even if he has to meet with them in private. At some point in time there may be a chance for the Trust to work with the club and everyone needs to be ready, instead of just waiting to see what emails come in from the owners and reacting.

Maybe someone (perhaps Kamy, as he knows who it is) might try to start up dialogue with Shebby MkII. Just remember though, the Action Group started dialogue with Shebby MkI and got pelters for it - despite their original goal being achieved (with little gratitude from anyone).

We may not be able to choose who the intermediate is so if we end up with Singh back there can be no complaints. But I don't see how Singh and Shaw could work together.

We really need Shaw and Myers to step up. For Myers in particular to try to support dialogue with the Trust - even if he has to meet with them in private. At some point in time there may be a chance for the Trust to work with the club and everyone needs to be ready, instead of just waiting to see what emails come in from the owners and reacting.

Very true Stuart. I think there has been a rush to solutions. Some people only do business with people with who they have a rapport and they trust, maybe the owners are like that. I'd want to know how and why the owners do business with the people they do before charging ahead with proposals, offers to meet etc. The obvious visible links between the Trust and the Action group may also be an issue in getting anything going.

Very true Stuart. I think there has been a rush to solutions. Some people only do business with people with who they have a rapport and they trust, maybe the owners are like that. I'd want to know how and why the owners do business with the people they do before charging ahead with proposals, offers to meet etc. The obvious visible links between the Trust and the Action group may also be an issue in getting anything going.

Don't worry about the action group , there ain't no action coming from them any more . Why the title is still action buggers me .

I wouldn't be at all surprised if former Action Group and RoversTrust leaders ended up being the future of football in this town. Especially if Venkys do pull the plug.

Blackburn with Darwen FC playing at a (closed upper tier) Ewood Park anyone...

(Ok, a little mischievous but you get the point).

Archived