BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Markus Olsson

arbitro

• Moderation Lead

That'll be his agent putting the feelers out after the Derby interest. He could easily have had a word with PL after training I would have thought, rather than running to the press...

• Backroom

I'd ideally prefer him to sign a new contract as his pace is useful and he's definitely improved since he was first signed.

Perfect scenario - get Olsson on a new contract, ship out Spurr and bring in somebody decent to challenge Olsson for that LB position. If Olsson has no intention of signing a new contract, though, and we're out of the embargo by January, sell him for a reasonable price after identifying a suitable replacement and move on.

Olsson is twice the athlete Spur is... Olsson gets on the overlap and turns defence into attack quicker than Spurr. If we're going to be playing attacking/pressing under Lambert then he'll likely be one of the first on the team sheet.

Don't rate Spurr at all.

Reading that he seems happy enough at Ewood. No signs of itchy feet.

And didn't Paul Lambert sign Martin Olsson for Norwich. I expect that there have been a few calls between the Olsson twins since Monday.

• Moderation Lead

And didn't Paul Lambert sign Martin Olsson for Norwich. I expect that there have been a few calls between the Olsson twins since Monday.

Nah, it was Chris Hughton that signed him.

Controversially, I think if a good offer is on the table, I think he should be let go. No doubt he's a good player but money talks in our current situation.

I suppose it will be a question of how highly Lambert rates him. His value has increased recently but we will get nothing like his true worth if he is out of contract.

Controversially, I think if a good offer is on the table, I think he should be let go. No doubt he's a good player but money talks in our current situation.

Small change compared to Premier League money, and I highly doubt that the fee is enough to get us out of the embargo with his contract running out in the summer. Renew it, he's proven Championship quality so there's no risk in him becoming deadweight unless we overpay him.

Small change compared to Premier League money, and I highly doubt that the fee is enough to get us out of the embargo with his contract running out in the summer. Renew it, he's proven Championship quality so there's no risk in him becoming deadweight unless we overpay him.

I think Lambert can bring in better. I don't think he's a bad player, it's just personally I would prefer a two full backs who are better defensively than going forward. I don't think Olsson is a great defender.

I suppose it will be a question of how highly Lambert rates him. His value has increased recently but we will get nothing like his true worth if he is out of contract.

I think Lambert will rate him, like we all do, for what he brings going forward with his pace and occasional delivery. I just don't think he is defensively that sound, but if we offer him a contract to get his true value then I am more than behind that.

Archived