BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay

ABBEY

Quick google search. Urfaspor is short for Sanliurfaspor, based in the city of Sanliurfa/Urfa which is in South East Turkey, not far from the border with Syria!

Sanliurfaspor play in the 2nd division and after 12 games are 16th out of 18 teams.

Quick google search. Urfaspor is short for Sanliurfaspor, based in the city of Sanliurfa/Urfa which is in South East Turkey, not far from the border with Syria!

Sanliurfaspor play in the 2nd division and after 12 games are 16th out of 18 teams.

Beat me to it JH, not the most stable part of Turkey to be sure! They do have a 6 year old 28,000 capacity stadium though.

• 1 month later...

I don't really know enough about that club's circumstances to gauge his performance. It could just be the wrong club at the wrong time. Like Dunny, however, Toogs never really struck me as management type.

Tugay used to claim he couldn't speak English so how would he handle the English press? Did see something saying he wanted the Cardiff job at some point. If he does manage in England at some point wonder if he will be referred to fully as Tugay Kerimoglu.

I love the fact that he pretended not to understand and speak English.

Tugay used to claim he couldn't speak English so how would he handle the English press? Did see something saying he wanted the Cardiff job at some point. If he does manage in England at some point wonder if he will be referred to fully as Tugay Kerimoglu.

I was told by someone who understands Turkish surnames that the "oglu" is equivalent to "Mac" in Scotland and "O'" in Ireland meaning "son of".

So Tugay is the son of Kerim. The g is silent. So it's pronounced "olu"

I presume the stress is on the i in Kerim so his name is pronounced Tooguy Kerimolu.

I used to call him Kerimoglu stressing the og.

Tugay was blind and deaf as well -never saw the Sub Board or heard the Ref's whistle telling him he was being subbed.

He would be my Manager for the English version of St Pauli,Hamburg I need us to transmute into(see Sick Malaise over Ewood thread)

Tugay was blind and deaf as well -never saw the Sub Board or heard the Ref's whistle telling him he was being subbed.

He would be my Manager for the English version of St Pauli,Hamburg I need us to transmute into(see Sick Malaise over Ewood thread)

No player has ever taken longer to leave the field when we were ahead. Made an art form of miraculously being as far away as he could be and then having to shake everyone's hand on the way off. St Pauli's current manager is Ewald Lienen and he is a proper eccentric who is doing a great job.

Archived