BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you new? Or is history being re-written, again? You'll be telling me nobody backed Kean next.

I recall people saying someone who works harder and brings people into play would offer more than Rhodes. That it might help us create more chances and play better football. I recall people saying that in order to progress we need to sell Rhodes and use the money to reshape the squad. I recall people saying that Rhodes can't play up front on his own.

However I have not seen anyone who has ever said they would rather have Brown up front than Rhodes. Or that he contributes more.

Now I may have missed some idiot so "name and shame" or quote them and I will join in the chastising.

However I think that comments are being twisted here to something that was never posted. Apologies if I'm wrong.

• Moderation Lead

This thread is the perfect example of people being desperate to be proven right. If being proven right on a messageboard is that important, you probably need to get out more....

I recall people saying someone who works harder and brings people into play would offer more than Rhodes. That it might help us create more chances and play better football. I recall people saying that in order to progress we need to sell Rhodes and use the money to reshape the squad. I recall people saying that Rhodes can't play up front on his own.

However I have not seen anyone who has ever said they would rather have Brown up front than Rhodes. Or that he contributes more.

Now I may have missed some idiot so "name and shame" or quote them and I will join in the chastising.

However I think that comments are being twisted here to something that was never posted. Apologies if I'm wrong.

I've already explained my rationale, and don't really like the name and shame idea but if den could step forward here and "help me out" that would be good. :tu:

I've already explained my rationale, and don't really like the name and shame idea but if den could step forward here and "help me out" that would be good. :tu:

You said some posters on here.It easily proved Stuart quote the posts.You will have a hard job doing so though as I'm almost certain nobody including Den said they would prefer Brown in the team over Rhodes

well it did happen !!!

me ,my lad and his mate were giving it to venkys and the only voices were pro venkys .

The one who gave it large and dissapppeared sharpish said ,venkys are good for us ,it was down to the players and when i said ffs its venkys who have sold our top players he said it had nothing to do with them .All around him and us alls i heard was i was talking @#/? about them. That is what happened ...not one fan gave them any stick .

i couldnt care less if you dont believe me pal but that is 100000% fact as to what happened and why at the moment i feel like they win and the venky s and there happy clapping fans have driven me away and wont be back for the first time since 1970.

Was it in the concourse at HT Abs? If so my missus saw you.

You said some posters on here.It easily proved Stuart quote the posts.You will have a hard job doing so though as I'm almost certain nobody including Den said they would prefer Brown in the team over Rhodes

Look, I've already explained my rationale. If you can't connect the dots then that's your problem.

The revisionism on here at times is mind boggling. It's like talking to a bunch of goldfish.

Look, I've already explained my rationale. If you can't connect the dots then that's your problem.

The revisionism on here at times is mind boggling. It's like talking to a bunch of goldfish.

So nobody said it then,you just made it up.Thanks for clearing that up

Bob,

Bob,

Bob.

Didn't make anything up. Not my fault if you are hard of thinking.

Not hard of thinking at all.Nobody said we are better off with Brown in the team.If they did prove it by quoting the posts?Plenty agreed with the Rhodes sale as I did.I did so on the basis that I thought the money would be 're-invested.Rhodes good finisher but you treat it like we sold Alan shearer.Nobody on Here said they prefer Brown in the team instead of Rhodes so yes you did make it up

Bob,

Bob,

Bob.

You would think I hadn't spent the last year or so being one of two people on here defending what Rhodes brought to this team and arguing with people that Brown isn't a footballer. All of a sudden nobody can remember anything.

homepage.jpg

Not hard of thinking at all.Nobody said we are better off with Brown in the team.If they did prove it by quoting the posts?Plenty agreed with the Rhodes sale as I did.I did so on the basis that I thought the money would be 're-invested.Rhodes good finisher but you treat it like we sold Alan shearer.Nobody on Here said they prefer Brown in the team instead of Rhodes so yes you did make it up

I'm not about to trawl the site for individual conversations with the likes of den, thenodrog and other where this was the assertion - whether explicit or not - just to suit you, and just because you missed them. Even if I did you would be analysing every word looking for some way to twist it, such is your pedantry. If you aren't able to understand how discussions work or can't join the dots between statements from the same posters then, yes, you are hard of thinking.

Just remind me again what you are adding to the Rhodes discussion. I presume you therefore believe, like me, that we would have been better off with Rhodes playing alongside Graham instead of Brown then? Because it seems difficult to find anyone who agrees. Despite the fact that we can't seem to find anyone who prefer Brown. Nowadays. Which is it? Because the goldfish want it both ways.

You would think I hadn't spent the last year or so being one of two people on here defending what Rhodes brought to this team and arguing with people that Brown isn't a footballer. All of a sudden nobody can remember anything.

homepage.jpg

Collective amnesia !

That or not wanting to face the truth.

Collective amnesia !

That or not wanting to face the truth.

To think how often me and Abbey got shot down for it too! "Give it a rest", "Rhodes has gone, we are better off without", "Take away his goals and he offers nothing". "Brown works so much harder than Rhodes ever did".

But don't put all of those together to form a view! :lol:

"Show me the posts!"

FFS

• Moderation Lead

I'm not about to trawl the site for individual conversations with the likes of den, thenodrog and other where this was the assertion - whether explicit or not - just to suit you, and just because you missed them. Even if I did you would be analysing every word looking for some way to twist it, such is your pedantry. If you aren't able to understand how discussions work or can't join the dots between statements from the same posters then, yes, you are hard of thinking.

Just remind me again what you are adding to the Rhodes discussion. I presume you therefore believe, like me, that we would have been better off with Rhodes playing alongside Graham instead of Brown then? Because it seems difficult to find anyone who agrees. Despite the fact that we can't seem to find anyone who prefer Brown. Nowadays. Which is it? Because the goldfish want it both ways.

Stuart, if you're saying that people wanted Rhodes replaced with Brown, then that's revisionist. No need to mention goldfish, it's just the facts. As far as I could see, people wanted us to sell Rhodes and use the proceeds on the team, without trawling through old posts as I really can't be bothered and honestly don't care enough. Rhodes has gone, and he isn't coming back. I'm not convinced we had much choice but to sell him anyway, I think Lambert has had the rug pulled from beneath him re reinvesting the funds, but that's hardly his fault, is it?

To think how often me and Abbey got shot down for it too! "Give it a rest", "Rhodes has gone, we are better off without", "Take away his goals and he offers nothing". "Brown works so much harder than Rhodes ever did".

"Show me the posts!"

FFS

With different owners it might have worked, then again with different owners we might have had a better team for JR to play in.

[quote name="Stuart" post="1636623" timestamp="1460913366"

Just remind me again what you are adding to the Rhodes discussion. I presume you therefore believe, like me, that we would have been better off with Rhodes playing alongside Graham instead of Brown then? Because it seems difficult to find anyone who agrees. Despite the fact that we can't seem to find anyone who prefer Brown. Nowadays. Which is it? Because the goldfish want it both ways.I agreed with the sale of Rhodes if the transfer fee was 're-invested.Whatever you say Rhodes wanted out and he hadn't been having the best of seasons.We had been going nowhere with him in the side and can you really argue otherwise.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that we are not a better side with Brown in the team instead of Rhodes.But I do think you have a very high opinion of Rhodes which is fine each to their own but I do disagree with it.Good goalscorer but the slight gust of wind and his arse was on the floor.Imo he didn't justify the 40+ grand a week that he was being paid.He was a luxury we couldn't afford.He is gone now so il stop posting on this topic and move on..il leave you to mourn the loss of the second coming of Alan shearer and if we get relegated next season I'l look foward to reading your told you so post

"Show me the posts!"

FFS

it was like the time when someone said rhodes had NEVER crossed a ball for an assist , my lad posted a video of him doing this and alls we got was ....welll apart from that

at the end of the day he gone and we are a worse team without him. Graham missed two easy chances yesterday that would have got us back in it.

Stuart, if you're saying that people wanted Rhodes replaced with Brown, then that's revisionist. No need to mention goldfish, it's just the facts. As far as I could see, people wanted us to sell Rhodes and use the proceeds on the team, without trawling through old posts as I really can't be bothered and honestly don't care enough. Rhodes has gone, and he isn't coming back. I'm not convinced we had much choice but to sell him anyway, I think Lambert has had the rug pulled from beneath him re reinvesting the funds, but that's hardly his fault, is it?

i remember getting shot down in flames for suggesting Brown would be what had left.

Meh, it's not even about Rhodes anymore. With Rhodes we were @#/? as a collective unit, without him we are more @#/?. Fact is, this squad Is nothing but an embarrassment, and apart from a few players, should all hang their heads in shame.

If those playing behind Rhodes had contributed more, we would not be talking about Chris Brown. We are talking as if Rhodes was the only player we had, and at times, it might have been the case.

Let's be straight up here, the current squad is not good enough, it never was

I agreed with the sale of Rhodes if the transfer fee was 're-invested.Whatever you say Rhodes wanted out and he hadn't been having the best of seasons.We had been going nowhere with him in the side and can you really argue otherwise.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that we are not a better side with Brown in the team instead of Rhodes.But I do think you have a very high opinion of Rhodes which is fine each to their own but I do disagree with it.Good goalscorer but the slight gust of wind and his arse was on the floor.Imo he didn't justify the 40+ grand a week that he was being paid.He was a luxury we couldn't afford.He is gone now so il stop posting on this topic and move on..il leave you to mourn the loss of the second coming of Alan shearer and if we get relegated next season I'l look foward to reading your told you so post

Firstly anybody comparing somebody to Alan Shearer is either an idiot or have an absolute gem on their hands. (Unless of course, you can find a post where I have said this. :unsure: )

Rhodes wasn't having the best of seasons BY HIS STANDARDS. The kicker though is that he had the shittest Rovers squad in the last 20 years behind him, yet still got 11 goals. As it stands he is three goals off being this division's third highest scorer. And that's him having a poor season.

All I've ever said on the subject (until being drawn on other strands) is that I would have like to have seen Rhodes alongside Graham and with Gomez behind him. And I've been shot down EVERY SINGLETIME.

I don't agree with your summary of Rhodes about the 'slight gust of wind'. There are plenty of players who aren't physically strong or have pace, who DON'T score goals, at least Rhodes did that bit!

I don't think there is a single player in this division who is worth of a £40k per week wage, and not really any in the Premier League. But that is the way of the world.

But as well as losing a goalscorer - albeit one who wasn't in form - we have lost a talisman and hero to potential young Rovers fans. Who do they have to look up to now? Ben Marshall? It's pretty slim pickings. You say he wanted to leave but as I'm mentioned he has continued to score despite that being levelled at him every transfer window. With the opinions of many Rovers fans I'm not surprised he wanted out. Duffy will probably want the same.

Time to move on unfortunately

We Sold JR the last remaining player of significant value for whatever reason PL decided to move him on

The fact remains the same JR is on course again for 20goals this season if he achieves it it will be over 20 goals in each of the last 7 seasons.

No matter who and what league strikers of that calibre aren't easy to find and cost a lot cash

• Backroom

Since Rhodes left I would imagine our goals per game ratio is slightly worse than the time in the season he was here - on that basis you can say it was a bad move for us.

Like sacking Allardyce may have not been so terrible IF Venkys had made a good move after that I think selling Rhodes would have been the right decision IF they then supported the manager with money.

I imagine he will finish strong now he's got the taste of it but since he's been there he's got 4 goals (and one of those was probably an own goal), less than or equal to Nugent and Ramires.

That's one more than Graham, one more than Gomez; two more than Watt, one more than Jackson and naturally four more than brown.

That's with the absolute bare minimum in terms of support for the manager, had that £7m been used in part then you would expect we could have made up for the lack of goals from one source.

As it is it's odds on that money disappears back into the pocket it came from in India and if that is the case then we are a striker worse off with no cash to replace so can only be a bad thing.

I wish we could move on but doke still struggle to move on from the Allardyce debate so this thread will always be bumped when he has a good game and likewise when he has a barren spell.

Archived