BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

• Backroom

Looks like this is it folks, after rumour after rumour it looks like Jordan Rhodes is off.

Multiple credible sources suggest he is off to Boro for £11m and has left the team hotel

So where to from here? Invest in midfield? Risky big money striker like Gayle?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Multiple sources? Pray tell

Boro Gazette, Sky Journos, Nixon and others.

Interestingly and worryingly his debut could be against us!

We don't need to replace him with a 30 goal a year striker; 2 15 goal ones would do but as it stands you wouldn't bet on ours to get close.

I would look at Gayle as an option but may end up costing nearly the same so may be pointless.

Boro Gazette, Sky Journos, Nixon and others.

Interestingly and worryingly his debut could be against us!

We don't need to replace him with a 30 goal a year striker; 2 15 goal ones would do but as it stands you wouldn't bet on ours to get close.

I would look at Gayle as an option but may end up costing nearly the same so may be pointless.

Any links ? Weve been here before with the Gazette, Sky are often off the mark and as for Nixon........

• Backroom

Any links ? Weve been here before with the Gazette, Sky are often off the mark and as for Nixon........

Sorry will provide some when available, all seemed to come live very quickly on Twitter

John Percy from the telegraph:

Jordan Rhodes will have a medical at Middlesbrough on Saturday after an initial £9m fee was agreed. Deal could rise to £13m #mfc #brfc

I can't think of a rumour he's got wrong before.

Really sinking feeling.

We are going to have to trust Lambert's judgement but this just feels really wrong.

Hope it's not true but can't help think that Graham and Watt are our new strike force.

• Backroom

Really sinking feeling.

We are going to have to trust Lambert's judgement but this just feels really wrong.

Hope it's not true but can't help think that Graham and Watt are our new strike force.

Genuinely not convinced Graham and Watt would be that bad at all but for me the key is getting a player in midfield that can chip in with 10 goals a season and drive the team forward, an Alan Judge if you will.

At some point we were going to have to learn to live without Rhodes - he's earned his move; I just wish that was summer where we had time to prepare instead of mid season with relegation not too far away!

Staying up is a huge task now; get through this season and I feel we will be ok; whoever getting through the season won't be easy

Archived