BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely not convinced Graham and Watt would be that bad at all but for me the key is getting a player in midfield that can chip in with 10 goals a season and drive the team forward, an Alan Judge if you will.

At some point we were going to have to learn to live without Rhodes - he's earned his move; I just wish that was summer where we had time to prepare instead of mid season with relegation not too far away!

Staying up is a huge task now; get through this season and I feel we will be ok; whoever getting through the season won't be easy

Very much untested and a big gamble to rely on an unknown partnership. The Summer is the time to sell. We aren't safe from relegation yet.

FFP in all its glory

Odd that it impacts Rovers but not Boro.

I wonder how much say Lambert has had.

Probably down to Shelfy and Barry White.

If Lambert isn't part of the decision making process on this one then he should walk.

Shaw wont get a say.

Lambert and the owners will have the say IMO.

We have to back Lambert's judgement.

As much as I think Lambert will be a good manager for Rovers, I can't see this move as anything other than a complete disaster. Massive mistake by Lambert if he's sanctioned this.

We won't be beating Boro next week. Rhodes is nailed on to score the winner.

Shaw wont get a say.

Lambert and the owners will have the say IMO.

We have to back Lambert's judgement.

What IS lambert's judgement ...... I'm guessing you have no idea

As much as I think Lambert will be a good manager for Rovers, I can't see this move as anything other than a complete disaster. Massive mistake by Lambert if he's sanctioned this.

We won't be beating Boro next week. Rhodes is nailed on to score the winner.

Why ? He's crap .. Ask all the haters

Nixon article...apparently Lambert still thinks there's a chance of promotion this season.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6829200/Middlesbrough-eye-12m-Jordan-Rhodes.html

Oh actually that was published on 30th Dec but Nixon posted it on twitter tonight. Will have more to say in the Sun tomorrow (and probably the online version tonight)

Nixon article...apparently Lambert still thinks there's a chance of promotion this season.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6829200/Middlesbrough-eye-12m-Jordan-Rhodes.html

Oh actually that was published on 30th Dec but Nixon posted it on twitter tonight. Will have more to say in the Sun tomorrow (and probably the online version tonight)

Nearly a month old is that article

The influx of strikers in this window - Graham, Jackson, Watt - always suggested that a Rhodes sale was likely. At least all 3 should be playing for a contract this summer.

I agree. Change is required.

Given all the financial stuff, it seemed only a matter of time before we had to cash in and use the money to build a team. He is a wonderful goalscorer but a blind man could see it wasn't working with Rhodes up front, surrounded by freebies and rubbish-because that is mostly what we have bought in the last few years.

This talk of £9m is making me deeply uncomfortable. Didn't we turn down £12m a year ago.

I would hope it's £9m plus add-ons if Boro make the PL and perhaps appearances once there, possibly adding up to £12m+. In the summer, with Boro probably in the PL, Rovers would have struggled to get even a flat £8m for Rhodes. Some of this money needs to be spent by Monday to either buy or loan a creative midfielder or a tricky,pacy winger of proven quality otherwise it is a massive financial gamble that could backfire horrendously.

Archived