BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

Load of Bo**cks if you ask me, media have been trying to sell him for while, at the end of the day it is up to us whether he goes, the additions that have been made, suit Rhodes. Make no mistake before the club makes a signing they consult relevant players, especially "Star" players. Whilst I agree with the signing of Watt, I do not think he will sink as many goals as Rhodes. The owners seem to have seen the light by employing a more reputable manager, can`t see them selling Rhodes now at a lesser fee than they received last year

Proved me Wrong.....http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take no pleasure in it, Stuart. The only point of pain is to make things better. My head has been telling me this simply had to happen.

I do think we wasted Rhodes in the first season with Kean and -it may seem harsh-in leaving GB in post for so long.

I want to hope that this is a key, game changing moment for the club.....

But does it change the game for the better

Rhodes has needed help for three years. It finally looks like he might get it and he's off. :(

Backed Lambert today on here so I can't complain too much.

Disappointed to see him leave, mostly because he's such a good pro. Scary facing him next week. But I trust Lambert has a plan.

Just seen on the same accounts they're getting Pritchard too!

Rhodes, Nugent, Kike, Downing, Ramirez, Adomah, Kike number 2, Pritchard. Some options up front.

The timing couldn't be worse. I also subscribe to the theory that we'd totally failed to build a team around Rhodes and we were going nowhere as things stood. I'm pretty sure we'd never be able to do that either. We obviously needed to build a team that played in a different way that may not have included Rhodes. We may have the money now but we've no time to bring in realistic replacements in other positions in such a short timescale.

FACING A REAL RELEGATION FIGHT AND WE ARE SELLING OUR STAR PLAYER & GOALSCORING GAMECHANGER

#VENKYSCUM OUT!!!!!!

If he does go then we should all pray to Vishnu that every single Million of monies received is re-invested back into this side or mark my words I fear this football club is in dire danger of returning to the dark days of Div3 football.

I'm not happy but what the feck can you do?

:(

• Backroom

If possible can we refrain from digs at other fans, opinions have been divided on whether to sell or keep but ultimately the fans haven't had a say in this.

Good luck to the lad, think we will need the luck though.

Regarding that statement wonder if its "reluctant" on Lambert's part or the owners part? Or simply an attempt to appease angry fans?

As for next week maybe there will be a clause blocking that.

I saw it as a measure to uppease fans. Let's hope if anything this allows for a more balanced squad

If he does go then we should all pray to Vishnu that every single Million of monies received is re-invested back into this side or mark my words I fear this football club in in dire danger of returning to the dark days of Div3 football.

I'm not happy but what the feck can you do?

:(

What would be the point of bringing in an ambitious management team like Lambert, Irvine, Kelly... if the plan is to downgrade the playing squad?

Every player has a price. Shearer had one, Zidane had one, Ronaldo had one, even Messi has one. Rhodes is no different. It's how we spend it that counts.

Yep. I remember how desolate we all were when Gordon Lee came in and we sold Tony Field.

In the following close season Lee fashioned what turned out to be a title winning team.

It is my only hope, but I don't need reminding of the crucial difference between Bancroft, Keighley, Fox et al and Abbey's favourite owners!

I was devastated, when Shearer left. I was gutted when Sutton and Speedie left. I thought it was the end of the world when Tony Field left. I will be slightly disappointed if Rhodes leaves. These are not grades of the players abilities, but just my personal feelings.

Every player has a price. Shearer had one, Zidane had one, Ronaldo had one, even Messi has one. Rhodes is no different. It's how we spend it that counts.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's already been spent.

But Mani told us they had money to spend then they go and do this........

• Backroom

What is extra alarming is for me Rhodes has been woeful for quite a while yet pretty much the only time we have got results is when he has scored.

Someone needs to step up

Archived