SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamy again...

Still clinging to the false hope that Balaji uses his veto at the last minute. I don't subscribe to the theory that he had to be sold

Why keep an unhappy player and make him even less motivated? The lad has served his time, scored a bucketful of goals and deserves a new challenge.

• Backroom

Not going to comment on how JR leaving will impact on our club on the field, as only time will tell on that. And probably a lot of time, like till Christmas.

The one thing I will say is JR has now left 2 clubs in late transfer window moves, and he has done both without gobbing off, running to the press, playing games and generally acting like the clown that many of his colleagues do on a regular basis. (Hello Bentley. :closedeyes: )

I have no doubt he will treat our club and fans with respect over the coming weeks, he always gives his all for whichever teams shirt he's wearing, and is a true modern day professional IMO.

And because of all the above he will always have my support and respect no matter what colours he is wearing - (I might break that rule for claret and blue!)

I fully expect him to score in one of our upcoming games with Boro, and bet he doesn't celebrate.

Good luck to the lad, he's a rarity in football currently, and to be honest I hope he storms the Prem next season. Would prefer to see folk like him, that conduct themselves with a touch of class, doing well in the sport at the top level than the likes of Suarez, Terry, Rooney, Costa etc.

Thanks for saving us from Wigan's fate Jordan, and good luck for the rest of your career.

Kamy again...

Still clinging to the false hope that Balaji uses his veto at the last minute. I don't subscribe to the theory that he had to be sold

My gut tells me we (Lambert) wanted him gone, possibly the reason for the knock down price.

• Backroom

My gut tells me we (Lambert) wanted him gone, possibly the reason for the knock down price.

Hardly Knock down.

Bowyer seemed to want to sell last season but the decision was made in Pune not to, be interesting to know what changed

Not surprised at this news as Rhodes never seemed suited to the style of play that Lambert has used so far. Having failed to get much of a response from the players he has inherited it is understandable that he wants the cash to rebuild the squad to suit the method of play he wants to adopt. I doubt that Lambert would have taken the job without guarantees that money would be made available to him at some point. The key will be using the money wisely in the summer - and keeping us up this season of course. Somewhat ironic for me that we are playing Oxford tomorrow as it was in the same season that we got knocked out with Oxford that we sold Fred Pickering to Everton - now seeing Fred depart really was a hammer blow.

• Backroom

I suspect Lambert either knows who he's getting in or is confident enough to get to summer with what we have.

9m plus 2m for Boro promotion plus another 1m-ish (wages) is saved for summer if this goes through and we do nothing else.

Not surprised at this news as Rhodes never seemed suited to the style of play that Lambert has used so far. Having failed to get much of a response from the players he has inherited it is understandable that he wants the cash to rebuild the squad to suit the method of play he wants to adopt. I doubt that Lambert would have taken the job without guarantees that money would be made available to him at some point. The key will be using the money wisely in the summer - and keeping us up this season of course. Somewhat ironic for me that we are playing Oxford tomorrow as it was in the same season that we got knocked out with Oxford that we sold Fred Pickering to Everton - now seeing Fred depart really was a hammer blow.

Let's hope Rhodes' departure is not the start of another lurch downwards for the club. In hindsight that Oxford defeat was a milestone for the club because 2 seasons later we fell out of the top flight and didn't return until 26 years later.

Hardly Knock down.

Bowyer seemed to want to sell last season but the decision was made in Pune not to, be interesting to know what changed

Trust in what the manager is doing perhaps, misguided maybe. Could be part of an agreement Lambert had with the Venks in order to take the job in the first place., Not an agreement to sell Rhodes specifically but that he have complete say so in who comes and goes.

Very sad to see Jordan go, however I'm looking on the bright side and come August, I believe we'll have a much stronger squad and

we'll all be looking forward to the new season with renewed confidence.

I really don't think we'll be relegated, we don't ship nearly enough goals for that to happen, relegated teams usually take regular batterings

when was the last time we got hammered ?

Ok MK Dons, but down to 10 men.

Very sad to see Jordan go, however I'm looking on the bright side and come August, I believe we'll have a much stronger squad and

we'll all be looking forward to the new season with renewed confidence.

I really don't think we'll be relegated, we don't ship nearly enough goals for that to happen, relegated teams usually take regular batterings

when was the last time we got hammered ?

Yeah just look at the goal difference from the teams below its far worse. That plus Lambert is enough to convince me this club won't get sucked into any serious danger.

Not sure we will hear too much about Rhodes tomorrow since Lambert might be so busy focusing on the game. A good result we might hear from him sooner.

I suspect Lambert either knows who he's getting in or is confident enough to get to summer with what we have.

9m plus 2m for Boro promotion plus another 1m-ish (wages) is saved for summer if this goes through and we do nothing else.

That's my gut feeling also. Lambert - like all of us - would have known of Boro's interests for awhile.

It was reported that he recently asked venkys if he was getting the money for Olsson - bet he asked about money if Rhodes was sold.

Also Lambert, said rovers were dependant on free / loan players this transfer window - but could spend in the summer.

Summer has been brought forward, with the money for both Olsson and Rhodes and the reduced wages outlay.

Good luck to him, apart from next week of course. Suspect he'll bang a few in and do nowt in the PRemier next year.

Massive pressure now on the rest of the team as we have no goals in us at all. Massive pressure on PL as well to find a way of making chances because if we continue to create as little as we have we will go down, especially without a proper goal scorer.

It's no good. I've tried to be restrained and sensible but actually I'm furious. Not that Rhodes is going. We always knew he would. It's the timing. Preferably weeks ago if it was going to happen, but if not the night before a cup match stinks. Why not earlier this week? Then we might have had a chance. We could potentially have got someone in to score us a goal or 2. As it is I think Oxford will tear us apart and I fear relegation might follow unless we spend money we don't really have now and get in several players. I hope it all works out but I don't see it, I really, really dont

Not going to comment on how JR leaving will impact on our club on the field, as only time will tell on that. And probably a lot of time, like till Christmas.

The one thing I will say is JR has now left 2 clubs in late transfer window moves, and he has done both without gobbing off, running to the press, playing games and generally acting like the clown that many of his colleagues do on a regular basis. (Hello Bentley. :closedeyes: )

I have no doubt he will treat our club and fans with respect over the coming weeks, he always gives his all for whichever teams shirt he's wearing, and is a true modern day professional IMO.

And because of all the above he will always have my support and respect no matter what colours he is wearing - (I might break that rule for claret and blue!)

I fully expect him to score in one of our upcoming games with Boro, and bet he doesn't celebrate.

Good luck to the lad, he's a rarity in football currently, and to be honest I hope he storms the Prem next season. Would prefer to see folk like him, that conduct themselves with a touch of class, doing well in the sport at the top level than the likes of Suarez, Terry, Rooney, Costa etc.

Thanks for saving us from Wigan's fate Jordan, and good luck for the rest of your career.

Agree, Silas. Wonderful sentiments.

I think he'll celebrate, he certainly did when he scored for us at Huddersfield.

I hope he gets a decent reception (when his name is read out, or if he's substituted).

Rhodes has wanted out for years, now hes got his wish, thanks for the goals and good luck, but if he thinks Middlesbrough's is big step up then phhh...

Hopefully we'll stay up this season without to much trouble and then next season after Lambert has had a full proper pre-season and summer transfer window under him we will wipe the floor with this keany league once and for all.

Archived