BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

Rhodes is probably the last of the crown jewels left over from the aftermath our Premier League days. Although he signed two years after we went down, we were still in receipt of parachute payments and in the market for top players - £8 million was alot of money at the time. So one by one the gems have all gone, and the overall standard of player at the club over the past 6 years has declined. Lambert's got a huge task on his hands first, to keep us up this season, and assuming he does, rebuild a team capable of staying in the division. .

We signed him in the summer after relegation.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt gutted when Speedie had to go, totally deflated when Shearer was sold, really down when the dream of a permanent Jansen comeback finally ended. When Duff finally moved on I was sad as hell and the last time I truly cared, when Bellamy left after one brilliant season. I feel bad that this barely registers. I just think it is for the best in terms of getting us out of this limbo where we can't spend and I'm sick of watching the same mundane @#/? at Ewood and our 'style' has been to just stumble across a win from time to time, rather than have a defined style of play. I hope we can now re-invest wisely. We need to re-invest massively. We need an identity, we needed change and we need belief. It needs to start now and I am behind it.

This is no surprise.

I posted 3 Jan. about the Rhodes' conundrum.

I have sufficient faith in Lambert to fashion a side firstly to keep us up this season and secondly to push for top six next season.

I think Bowyer would have sold him earlier but India said 'no' - seems they have much more faith in Lambert's judgement.

FACING A REAL RELEGATION FIGHT AND WE ARE SELLING OUR STAR PLAYER & GOALSCORING GAMECHANGER

#VENKYSCUM OUT!!!!!!

Not just.that but we take 3 mill less than we turned down before. Welcome to VENKYS WORLD OF BUSINESS. I am afraid we will regret this.

If PL has sanctioned the move then he's certainly changed his opinion from day one when he told the media that Rhodes would be his Benteke/Holt. That seemed genuine.

Maybe he has seen how much work the squad needs and needs so funds.

• Backroom

If PL has sanctioned the move then he's certainly changed his opinion from day one when he told the media that Rhodes would be his Benteke/Holt. That seemed genuine.

I think all of Rhodes' 3 goals and barnstorming performances since that day changed his mind for him.

Lambert's said a lot that has turned out to be not so true, edge of the seat, playing on the front foot, players are responding, now this.

i hope he knows what he's doing, bye bye Jordan thanks for the memories.but you are cack don't you know. Too bad your heads not been in it and how many of them sitters.did you miss on purpose.

MIDDLESBROUGH GIVEN PERMISSION TO TALK TO BLACKBURN STRIKER JORDAN RHODES

PA Sport 2016

Promotion-chasing Middlesbrough have moved a step closer to signing Jordan Rhodes after Blackburn reluctantly gave them permission to speak to the striker.

Rhodes, who has netted 11 times in 26 appearances for Rovers this term, has been linked with a move away from Ewood Park this month, with Boro leading the race for the Scotland international.

And on Friday night both clubs agreed a fee for the 25-year-old, who will now travel to Boro for talks about a potential move.

A Rovers statement on their official website said: "Blackburn Rovers can confirm that they have reluctantly given Middlesbrough permission to speak to striker Jordan Rhodes.

"The player has expressed his desire to talk to the Teesside club and will travel to the North East for discussions."

Rhodes has scored 85 goals in 169 matches for Blackburn since leaving Huddersfield, where he netted 87 times in 148 games, in a deal worth up to £8million in August 2012.

The acquisition of Rhodes would be a major statement of intent for Middlesbrough as they aim to secure promotion back to the Barclays Premier League.

Boro are currently second in the Sky Bet Championship, one point behind leaders Hull, but have lost their last two matches.

MIDDLESBROUGH GIVEN PERMISSION TO TALK TO BLACKBURN STRIKER JORDAN RHODES

PA Sport 2016

Promotion-chasing Middlesbrough have moved a step closer to signing Jordan Rhodes after Blackburn reluctantly gave them permission to speak to the striker.

Rhodes, who has netted 11 times in 26 appearances for Rovers this term, has been linked with a move away from Ewood Park this month, with Boro leading the race for the Scotland international.

And on Friday night both clubs agreed a fee for the 25-year-old, who will now travel to Boro for talks about a potential move.

A Rovers statement on their official website said: "Blackburn Rovers can confirm that they have reluctantly given Middlesbrough permission to speak to striker Jordan Rhodes.

"The player has expressed his desire to talk to the Teesside club and will travel to the North East for discussions."

Rhodes has scored 85 goals in 169 matches for Blackburn since leaving Huddersfield, where he netted 87 times in 148 games, in a deal worth up to £8million in August 2012.

The acquisition of Rhodes would be a major statement of intent for Middlesbrough as they aim to secure promotion back to the Barclays Premier League.

Boro are currently second in the Sky Bet Championship, one point behind leaders Hull, but have lost their last two matches.

We've heard

Lambert's said a lot that has turned out to be not so true, edge of the seat, playing on the front foot, players are responding, now this.

i hope he knows what he's doing, bye bye Jordan thanks for the memories.but you are cack don't you know. Too bad your heads not been in it and how many of them sitters.did you miss on purpose.

Maybe thats the style of football he wants to play and needs to bring players in to fit that style.

We'd have a bloody good argument to stay out of it shifting £40k a week off the wage bill AND bringing in £9m+ in fees. If the League still argue, ask them who 'Boro have to sell to fund buying Rhodes..

Buying him and obviously paying more than his 40k/wk.

Shaw can't approve if anything. It has.to come from the coop.

I realise that, what i'm saying is they can't update the website without Indian approval. If its on the website its a done deal.

The 'reluctant' part, does sound like a clause has been triggered to me.

On the positive side, in an attempt to show its not the end of the world, these are the strikers we've had in my time watching that are better than Rhodes:

Garner

Newell

Speedie

Shearer

Gallacher

Sutton

Jansen

Cole

Yorke

Santa Cruz

Benni Mc

Yakubu

Bellamy

Maybe thats the style of football he wants to play and needs to bring players in to fit that style.

I hope you are right Chaddy cos it's been garbage so far. Could Lambert turn out to be a disaster, he could couldn't he.

Archived