BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

Load of Bo**cks if you ask me, media have been trying to sell him for while, at the end of the day it is up to us whether he goes, the additions that have been made, suit Rhodes. Make no mistake before the club makes a signing they consult relevant players, especially "Star" players. Whilst I agree with the signing of Watt, I do not think he will sink as many goals as Rhodes. The owners seem to have seen the light by employing a more reputable manager, can`t see them selling Rhodes now at a lesser fee than they received last year

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can Middlesbrough FFP wise spend that much money?

Because if they get promoted it doesn't really have any consequences until they get relegated. You could call it putting your all your eggs in one basket to guarantee promotion.

Remember us selling Shearer and then signing Georgio Donis as his replacement.

Donis was signed first coincidentally just mentioned him in the "where are they now" thread.

If Rhodes wants to go to a smaller club and thinks Middlesbrough are suddenly height of ambition says a lot about him.

Good goalscorer aside I think it's best for Rovers he goes. Every transfer window we have this rumble on and while credit to Rhodes he only ever let it get to him publicly once, it cant be easy for the lad and it must have a massive blow to the team spirit everytime the window is bout to open and the circus starts in earnest.

I agree. Change is required.

Given all the financial stuff, it seemed only a matter of time before we had to cash in and use the money to build a team. He is a wonderful goalscorer but a blind man could see it wasn't working with Rhodes up front, surrounded by freebies and rubbish-because that is mostly what we have bought in the last few years.

As much as it hurts, you make a lot of sense with this post. (It doesn't hurt that you make sense, it hurts that our most talismanic striker since Santa Cruz is leaving).

But this...

Also makes sure Boro go up.

Well this is the moment we as fans realise just what a star we had, and when our useless set off strikers fail to score as they've done for the last few years we will realise that we are truly in the mire without Rhodes. Oh but we will have a player who can hold the ball up 🙄

But what do we have to show for it?

That is the point. It has been quite miserable watching paint dry and an underachieving, s***t team with no intensity, pattern, creativity or drive. We just happened to have a brilliant goalscorer, but it was all going nowhere.

Obviously, that argument will fall, if Lambert doesn't get a good proportion of the Rhodes money, though.

I am assuming PL wouldn't have agreed to come, if he hadn't been given assurances.........but this is Venky's...

As much as it hurts, you make a lot of sense with this post. (It doesn't hurt that you make sense, it hurts that our most talismanic striker since Santa Cruz is leaving).

But this...

I take no pleasure in it, Stuart. The only point of pain is to make things better. My head has been telling me this simply had to happen.

I do think we wasted Rhodes in the first season with Kean and -it may seem harsh-in leaving GB in post for so long.

I want to hope that this is a key, game changing moment for the club.....

CLUB STATEMENT

Club "reluctantly" give permission for Middlesbrough to speak to Rhodes.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/jordan-rhodes-2928116.aspx

Really crap timing.

I was feeling quite happy with our business this window. This undermines it all for me. This statement suggests that we have no plan B. Knee jerk replacement - or hope for the best?

Archived