BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uuuuuuurgh! I swear, if this money is not re invested in the playing side of things, then Im going to be very angry.

Feck Boro, if this was a premier league club in for him, then fine, but a darn club in the same division. If Boro goes up, and then came for Rhodes then fine, but until then, screw them

Rhodes has done very little in the last two months and his effectiveness is limited without a decent supply line. Ultimately he is a luxury we can't really afford to keep. Very sad to see him go but in reality I don't think its hard to understand.

The timing of it may be the biggest problem. Aiden McGeady better be on his way..

Mike, if Venkys do have the cash then we are better using that now even if it means an embargo later. A bird in the hand...

We'd have a bloody good argument to stay out of it shifting £40k a week off the wage bill AND bringing in £9m+ in fees. If the League still argue, ask them who 'Boro have to sell to fund buying Rhodes..

Wow...maybe its your age when it happens. My own hierarchy of grief is

1 Tony Field

2 = Shearer/Speedie

The point I was trying to make, was that although Rhodes is a decent striker, we have lost better strikers in the past. It will hurt for a while, but lets get on with it. As an aside the biggest grief for me was when Roger Jones left.

Tough one this. Will be sad to see him leave, but genuinely feel the whole team needs a cleanse in every position. Got to trust lambert on tbis one.

Have felt no passion towards any rovers players for a long time. With this money coming in and wage off the books, perhaps we can truly start again. Get through the season, invest in hungry youth, and finally have a team to be proud of.

It's just the timing. In the summer, maybe so. Not now though. It's suicidal.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's already been spent.

But Mani told us they had money to spend then they go and do this........

Mani knows Jack pal...........

Even the slumdogs know after being advised on a last throw of the dice with Lambert etc the time has come ...........

Tough one this. Will be sad to see him leave, but genuinely feel the whole team needs a cleanse in every position. Got to trust lambert on tbis one.

Have felt no passion towards any rovers players for a long time. With this money coming in and wage off the books, perhaps we can truly start again. Get through the season, invest in hungry youth, and finally have a team to be proud of.

Agree with that statement. Didn't want Rhodes to go, but we've been supporting the Jersey more than the players for sometime, so my angst at JR leaving is limited.

Timing sucks, but going to say it was Lamberts call and he as my trust to implement long term rebuilding.

COYSB :brfc:

The point I was trying to make, was that although Rhodes is a decent striker, we have lost better strikers in the past. It will hurt for a while, but lets get on with it. As an aside the biggest grief for me was when Roger Jones left.

I was only young when Speedie left and not ashamed to say I cried. Soon forgave them though. Hopefully, like me, the young Rovers fans who might shed a tear tonight over Rhodes, will have a new hero soon enough.

Mani knows Jack pal...........

Even the slumdogs know after being advised on a last throw of the dice with Lambert etc the time has come ...........

He doesn't. He knows Craig :P

Rhodes has done very little in the last two months and his effectiveness is limited without a decent supply line. Ultimately he is a luxury we can't really afford to keep. Very sad to see him go but in reality I don't think its hard to understand.

The timing of it may be the biggest problem. Aiden McGeady better be on his way..

You call him a luxury..most would call him a lifeline.

Don those Tin hats folks!

We've had over £13m income from transfers in this last season, hopefully see some of that in the summer to build the team up from scratch.

It's been woeful for a while now, and Rhodes has been an ever-present in that woeful side, so shouldn't be seen as exempt from criticism. Got to trust lambert who knows how to get out of this league.

We've had over £13m income from transfers in this last season, hopefully see some of that in the summer to build the team up from scratch.

It's been woeful for a while now, and Rhodes has been an ever-present in that woeful side, so shouldn't be seen as exempt from criticism. Got to trust lambert who knows how to get out of this league.

This the seminal moment for PL

have you took a look at the table of recent.....we'll go out the league into league one unless someone replaces Rhodes goals

Rhodes is probably the last of the crown jewels left over from the aftermath our Premier League days. Although he signed two years after we went down, we were still in receipt of parachute payments and in the market for top players - £8 million was alot of money at the time. So one by one the gems have all gone, and the overall standard of player at the club over the past 6 years has declined. Lambert's got a huge task on his hands first, to keep us up this season, and assuming he does, rebuild a team capable of staying in the division. .

Archived