BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similarly others are deflecting away from the bed that they were happy to have made for them.

Talking only about Rhodes' weaknesses and Brown's (supposed) strengths is similarly disingenuous. Particularly when you consider the contribution each made to results and dents in the opposition net. A point I have already made but that is an inconvenient truth that people are choosing to ignore.

The only refuge they have now is to pretend that even now we are still better off without Rhodes and to take digs at me and anyone else who say this coming. What would our season have been like if we hadn't had Rhodes for the first half of this season - despite his poor form? 'Poor' only by his own standards and not in comparison to most strikers in this league - and every other striker at Rovers, who have better providers in the side than Rhodes did.

I'm not entirely sure of the point you are making here Stuart? I've never read a single post on here that even insinuates that Brown is better than Rhodes. You would have to be off your trolley to think that, even leaving aside the exaggerated fees and wages (relating to both players I might add!). There are a number of posters - yes including you - that seem to have painted themselves into a corner on the whole issue of Rhodes. Who knows what may or may not have happened if he had stayed and taken advantage of the so-called improved midfield we have assembled since his departure (I'm not convinced it is, myself), but the fact is he wanted out, we were offered daft money for him, and notwithstanding his brace yesterday he hasn't really set the world alight since his departure, and in a team that is among the best 2 or 3 sides in this division. Sure, when we witness a gutless performance from Rovers like we did yesterday, it rubs our noses in it when Rhodes bags a brace for his new club (he should have had three really - he missed a header every bit as simple as the one Danny Graham cocked up but I'm sure Boro fans won't mind that under the circs) but how many times can we keep going over the same old ground on Rhodes. It gets quite childish at times. Not to mention boring.

There are a number of posters - yes including you - that seem to have painted themselves into a corner on the whole issue of Rhodes.

Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read on here. Thanks mate, cheered me up no end! :lol:

Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read on here. Thanks mate, cheered me up no end! :lol:

Really? Why?

Isn't he just pointing out that you set your stall up to deflect all and any criticism about Rhodes and others can barely say a good word? From my perspective, your point of view overlooks the fact that Rhodes absolutely wanted out and had for a few windows. Which I can't understand how you can deny.

Forgive me if I'm wrong and you've stated otherwise but I don't come on here much anymore.

a couple of fans ? you always know best and say opposite to what anyone says.

To be fair, you always know when Jbizzle agrees with you.

He doesn't post. :)

Still waiting for names of the hundreds of fans who believe Chris Brown offers more than Rhodes, the acceptance from the masses that it's a "Blackburner" mentality to wax lyrical about player akin to there own ability and finally a BRFCC poll that gives a 95% vote for fans who are "venky lovers".

Tell me when it happens, then I can post a pat on the back for either of you in agreement! ;)

Still waiting for names of the hundreds of fans who believe Chris Brown offers more than Rhodes, the acceptance from the masses that it's a "Blackburner" mentality to wax lyrical about player akin to there own ability and finally a BRFCC poll that gives a 95% vote for fans who are "venky lovers".

Tell me when it happens, then I can post a pat on the back for either of you in agreement! ;)

Ignore the real issue.

Create a straw man to set fire to.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Really? Why?

Isn't he just pointing out that you set your stall up to deflect all and any criticism about Rhodes and others can barely say a good word? From my perspective, your point of view overlooks the fact that Rhodes absolutely wanted out and had for a few windows. Which I can't understand how you can deny.

Forgive me if I'm wrong and you've stated otherwise but I don't come on here much anymore.

Let's break it down.

Opinion: "Rhodes wanted out every window"

Fact: Rhodes continued to score goals for Rovers.

Opinion: "Rhodes wasn't wanted by Lambert"

Fact: He signed for Middlesbrough on deadline day with no replacement lined up.

Opinion: "We would be better off without Rhodes because Lambert would be able to rebuild the team with the money"

Fact: Rovers are stuck with Brown and a couple of loanees.

Opinion: "Rhodes doesn't contribute enough to the team"

Fact: Rhodes scored 80+ goals for Rovers and we didn't get relegated in those seasons that he was here.

Opinion: "Even now we are still better off without Rhodes"

Fact: We are goal difference away from being fourth bottom and are on relegation form since Rhodes left.

Opinion: "Brown offers more than Rhodes and contribute more to the team"

Fact: Brown has not scored a goal since he joined Rovers after being player of the season for a relegated team two years ago. Rhodes remains our league top goal scorer by more than treble the next highest.

The deflecting is not by me but by those who thought we would be better off without Rhodes, and who now are in denial about our performances and results, and are still adamant that is the case because they won't admit they were wrong.

We have more important things to talk about than Rhodes.irrelevant to us now.

Stop clicking on the thread then. Simple!

Let's break it down.

Opinion: "We would be better off without Rhodes because Lambert would be able to rebuild the team with the money"

Fact: Rhodes scored 80+ goals for Rovers and we didn't get relegated in those seasons that he was here.

Fact: We are goal difference away from being fourth bottom and are on relegation form since Rhodes left.

Fact: Brown has not scored a goal since he joined Rovers after being player of the season for a relegated team two years ago. Rhodes remains our league top goal scorer by more than treble the next highest.

The deflecting is not by me but by those who thought we would be better off without Rhodes, and who now are in denial about our performances and results, and are still adamant that is the case because they won't admit they were wrong.

I thought facts were...well factual.

Lambert brought in Graham as first choice striker and also Tony Watt. His move also freed up funds for signing Grimes and Gomez.

We were rubbish with Jordan Rhodes and reliant on him scoring. We are rubbish without him and have scored without him.

The Brown thing, I took your previous statement at face value - I'm now wondering if you've made that up. Do people really believe that??

Re - read your last statement. From the outside looking in, genuinely, that's currently you Stuart. You are editing opinions right down to something they aren't. Rhodes has been consistently criticised for his lack of overall game. I think that is fair. A team has to play one way to get the best out of him and we didn't have the quality within the team to win back a ball after surrendering it up top, or the ability to pin teams in their own half and thread a ball through. He was a luxury we couldn't afford, an option that we predictably relied on and with or without him, we were heading one way - God forbid he got injured or faked injury if he didn't get the move he wanted - we'd have even less options. The deal had to happen, the player wanted it, the manager wanted it, the agent wanted it and again, I'm not sure what the arguement truly is.

I've avoided this thread like the plague, as I found to my cost when I went round in circles with posters over Big Sam's departure, threads like this end of being bad for your health.

However, has anyone ACTUALLY said the below:

"Brown offers more than Rhodes and contribute more to the team"

I think I saw some say that Brown has some decent qualities (haven't seen any myself like) and a general debate on how forwards today need to offer more than goals, den might have been one of the posters.

But come on Stuart, you know that nobody and I mean NOBODY thinks Brown offers more than Jordan Rhodes and I don't know why you are getting in such a state over it.

I've avoided this thread like the plague, as I found to my cost when I went round in circles with posters over Big Sam's departure, threads like this end of being bad for your health.

However, has anyone ACTUALLY said the below:

"Brown offers more than Rhodes and contribute more to the team"

I think I saw some say that Brown has some decent qualities (haven't seen any myself like) and a general debate on how forwards today need to offer more than goals, den might have been one of the posters.

But come on Stuart, you know that nobody and I mean NOBODY thinks Brown offers more than Jordan Rhodes and I don't know why you are getting in such a state over it.

Jeez.

I don't like Bumley.

I do like Rovers.

Doesn't that mean that I don't prefer Rovers to Bumley because I haven't explicitly said it.

I'm glad that I'm making all those people who wanted rid of Rhodes feel better though, now that they have a target to deflect their embarrassment at. :rolleyes:

So you really do think that we have fans who think Chris Brown is a better striker than Jordan Rhodes?

Sounds so utterly ridiculous might just be true.

Speak now such fans, need a laugh.

I think we have fans who truly believe that Brown contributes more to Rovers than Rhodes did.

• Backroom

well it did happen !!!

me ,my lad and his mate were giving it to venkys and the only voices were pro venkys .

The one who gave it large and dissapppeared sharpish said ,venkys are good for us ,it was down to the players and when i said ffs its venkys who have sold our top players he said it had nothing to do with them .All around him and us alls i heard was i was talking @#/? about them. That is what happened ...not one fan gave them any stick .

i couldnt care less if you dont believe me pal but that is 100000% fact as to what happened and why at the moment i feel like they win and the venky s and there happy clapping fans have driven me away and wont be back for the first time since 1970.

You read me wrong, I would never have reason to not

Believe you you know that, my point was I think it's a minority who feel that way.

m

Let's break it down.

Stop clicking on the thread then. Simple!

No! I prefer to keep telling you how irrelevant it is! How long are you going to keep this up? Years?

You read me wrong, I would never have reason to not

Believe you you know that, my point was I think it's a minority who feel that way.

:tu:it was not a minority yesterday when i was leaving pal..i was actually shocked

The Rhodes debate is irrelevant now from our point of view except to the extent of whether we get the add on for promotion from Boro or not. His record for us speaks for itself, no-one will convince me he isn't a class act both on and off the pitch and I think his record in the long run will continue to confirm that.

Just hope JR can keep it going on Tuesday night against our six fingered neighbours.

• Backroom

:tu:it was not a minority yesterday when i was leaving pal..i was actually shocked

I wouldn't know - I left early I didn't fancy subjecting Arlo to any more of that rubbish!

Archived