BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes To Boro

Tom

• Backroom

Should have had a hattrick tonight but one thing does stand out - everything he hit was on target, Steele had a good night.

Any manager looking at that in isolation would take Graham before Rhodes you would think, let's hope the former keeps it up

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steele had a blinder tonight. If he hadn't been on his mettle and close down that awful back pass from Hanley, it could have been a different script.

So long Jordan, and thanks for all the fish!

• Backroom

Steele had a blinder tonight. If he hadn't been on his mettle and close down that awful back pass from Hanley, it could have been a different script.

So long Jordan, and thanks for all the fish!

Very poor from Rhodes though not to slot it under him, had that been brown people would be frothing at the mouth, but it was very good from Steele who had his best game in ages

Is that 10 points from 15 in the league since he left?

Looks like Lambert (and me two years ago) MIGHT just have been right in suggesting we'd be better off without. Clubs don't succeed in this league without a well drilled, hard working, organised side who play for each other instead of themselves.

Long may it continue. Been critical of PL but hopefully we've turned a corner and can enjoy the rest of the season without looking over our shoulders.

Jordan Rhodes is, has always been, and always will be, a classy human being.
From spending time with the numerous kids he could have ignored, to retaining his integrity throughout the numerous transfer scenarios.
One reason you didn't hear him directly say he wanted to go was because a very large part of his heart and soul didn't want to go anywhere.

He needs to feel loved and he has shown in every game since October that he didn't feel wanted.
This is not a positive attribute in a £10m assett but I think he will be gelling around the play-offs in May and could be the man to limp Boro over the line at Wembley.

He continues to be off the pace for Boro, and most of us aren't surprised in the least.

Back to his class, he more than deserved his ovation at the end as nothing was going to stop him (as at Boro) taking the exact same route around the pitch as he done scores of times over the last 3 years.

Regardless of how footballing history judges him, there are many Rovers fans, including thousands of youngsters, that will never forget him.

I really wish he'd scored an injury time consolation when 4 nil down, as then he would have been in no doubt as to our love.

Having said all that, the 'DG- He scores when he wants' was bloody priceless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Come on Abbey, don't start all that again! We hardly won when he was here anyway. Google 'Middlesbrough message board' and see what they think of him....

Graham has 3 in 8 since signing for us FYI.

Khod, Rhodes wasn't a Lambert type player and did say this for a month or so before we sold him.

We have to trust Lambert and his choices. Graham is his type of striker. Think we have all been very impressed with Graham and his performances

Since Rhodes left us we have got 13 points

Boro have got 12 points since Rhodes them

Rhodes wasn't a Lambert type player and did say this for a month or so before we sold him.

We have to trust Lambert and his choices.

Why have you replied to this and totally ignored questions put to you in the Ipswich thread ?????

So this "new" fantastic all singing all dancing team .....

the Rhodes haters said Rhodes was crap away from home so how many games away from home has this rhodesless team won ?

Bed time man flu wins

Yeah, he was really banging them in for us since October wasn't he? And that own goal he was credited with was worth the transfer fee alone 😕

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not saying this because he scored two today because I don't give a toss about that but how anyone can say we are better without him ?

Today was by far the worst performance all round that I can remember and I include under the bald turd in that.

JR yet again on course for 20plus....

If he does it that's 7 seasons on the trot but some halfwits would prefer Danny Graham.. Enough said

Selling a striker of that pedigree is sacrilege

He didn't want to be here after trying to leave for the last three transfer windows, I'm sorry but there comes a point where you have to move on.

Rhodes leaving wasn't a problem, Rovers not spending that money to replace him and invest in other areas is the bigger issue here.

You could replace Rhodes with Allardyce in that sentence and the sentiment would be the same. Lambert could have told Rhodes he was going nowhere - like he had been told in the past. However, he cashed in - except he now doesn't have the cash, or the player.

I'm with Abbey on this one. We still created a few chances today - even though we played terribly. Brown just is not going to get on the end of them, let alone finish.

Well done to Jordan though. Another two goals this season. I guess we should really be ambivalent about Boro going up though as the extra £1m will disappear with the rest of it.

So @#/? off with these useless owners. Why are you here??!! :angry: We've seen nothing but a slow motion stripping of Rovers assets since they arrived.

• Backroom

What about the countless games before then where we've heard 'worst performance ever'?

The whole season (and before) has just been a shambles

Fair's fair, Rhodes would have buried that header that Graham had today.

Fact is, he didn't want to be here and his 'performances' this season reflected this.

I'm not sure what the arguement actually is? If it is, "If Rhodes put in a shift and played to his best ability he would score some goals in this woeful and gutless team that wants the season to end almost as much as the fans do." ...then the answer is, yes...probably.

Archived