BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the Sunday Observer yesterday for the first time ever and in the SportsSection I came upon this curious statistic about Watt. It appears that in the Championship this season Watt is second in the table of what the paper describes as "Tricksters"; players who attempt dribbles during a match. This would suggest some level of skill, not to mention a good helping of self confidence. Perhaps you are right Colt that he lacks focus and the right attitude. Maybe PL is working on that at Brockhall.

As for the Chris Brown debate I also checked up on his career to date and that also makes interesting reading.I dont think he`s the nonfootballer that many posters are claiming on here. Hes had big money moves to Norwich and PNE in the past but he does seem very injury prone. It looks to me that his injuries here have affected his confidence.and we`re not seeing the Chris Brown that was destined for big things at Sunderland as a youngster.

You have to ask why Lambert is playing him ahead of Trickster Watt!

Asked half a dozen North End fans what they thought of Brown and everyone to a tee said he was rubbish and where very surprised that he'd signed for Blackburn - looks like they where right !

I totally accept that these fans should have an opinion about their player albeit a small sample surely! Brown left PNE for Doncaster and was their player of the year so which fans` opinion is the correct one?

Obviously the Preston fans as they said was poor and he then ended up taking Doncaster down by failing to score more goals.

Why does Lambert and Co want to damage their credibility are they being advised by others ?

Advised by others? REALLY??? You clearly are obsessed by agents, etc.

Very clearly Lambert is in charge Rovers playing staff

Brown played under Lambert at Norwich btw.

Just asked a question interesting that you popped up chaddy.

• Backroom

Yes, but you have a rather nasty habit of asking questions that don't need asking. Questions that seem to be intended to provoke members rather than 'just ask a question'...

You keep hinting at things but no proper info(from your side) and knowledge about this.

Think its time you realise that Lambert in charge and running the club. For the 1st time in years we have a proper manager with good backroom staff in place.

• Moderation Lead

you said exactly this about bowyer . You hint at £15 million ,what proof have you Chaddy (from your side)

Wasn't it just a guess about the £15 Million? That's just a hunch from his point isn't it, thus not requiring proof surely?

Buckshaw Rover said someone at the game told him he'd expect Lambert to be given funds, I'd be surprised if he came here without being promised funds to mould the team in his own image, but then I also wouldn't be surprised if Venky's witheld the funding!

Not that I mean to be hedging my bets like Alan Nixon!!

• Moderation Lead

Jal's is a hunch too?

He said Rovers have no money, no 'I think Rovers have no money', it was said as a matter of fact. If that's the case, then he'll have no problem proving it. The cryptic posting style is very irritating.

Come on people this is Venkys we are talking about, no one has had a clue what is going on all the time they've been here. Not the people they've employed to so called run the club, not the people they've employed as managers, not even themselves and least of all the fans.

Now some guy selling hospitality knows about our summer budget ? Not doubting Bucks or the guy who said it but it's nothing more than wishful thinking at the minute.

I totally accept that these fans should have an opinion about their player albeit a small sample surely! Brown left PNE for Doncaster and was their player of the year so which fans` opinion is the correct one?

Mine - He is rubbish.

Fair enough Al but if you talk to Bolton fans about Kevin Davies their opinion is generally different to many Rovers` fans who thought he was "rubbish". Similarly Chelsea fans opinion on Chris Sutton was not very positive.

At the end of the day if the professionals in the game rate a player and a manager picks him then we might just have to accept it.

I`m sure Brown has some ability but unfortunately his Ewood career has been a nightmare for him.

• Backroom

I'm not sure the players particularly rate him, it's only been said they like him as a person. Considering his history with the plod for paintball offences (!) and his orgy sex tape (!!), I'd imagine the bants are off the charts.

Regardless, booing or abusing him won't help matters. It's best if we just suffer through until the season ends. I don't expect him to be here next season.

Fair enough Al but if you talk to Bolton fans about Kevin Davies their opinion is generally different to many Rovers` fans who thought he was "rubbish". Similarly Chelsea fans opinion on Chris Sutton was not very positive.

At the end of the day if the professionals in the game rate a player and a manager picks him then we might just have to accept it.

I`m sure Brown has some ability but unfortunately his Ewood career has been a nightmare for him.

The question has to be then what contributes to clouding the judgement of managers like Paul Lambert Gary Bowyer Michael Appleton and Henning Berg when it comes to Blackburn Rovers.

I can only go on what I have witnessed and he is rubbish. Kevin Davis was just a dirty sod at Bolton and to be honest Chris Sutton was no great footballer. He just fitted in with the Rovers team at the time.

I'm not sure the players particularly rate him, it's only been said they like him as a person. Considering his history with the plod for paintball offences (!) and his orgy sex tape (!!), I'd imagine the bants are off the charts.

Regardless, booing or abusing him won't help matters. It's best if we just suffer through until the season ends. I don't expect him to be here next season.

How else do you tell the manager that you do not want him in the team?

to be honest Chris Sutton was no great footballer. He just fitted in with the Rovers team at the time.

I couldn't disagree more with this. Chris Sutton was an outstanding footballer who could play at the top level in any number of different positions. He fitted in rather well in a very successful Celtic team as well as Rovers (when Scottish football teams were still doing well in Europe). In fact he only really had the one indifferent season at Chelsea, for whatever reason.

I couldn't disagree more with this. Chris Sutton was an outstanding footballer who could play at the top level in any number of different positions. He fitted in rather well in a very successful Celtic team as well as Rovers (when Scottish football teams were still doing well in Europe). In fact he only really had the one indifferent season at Chelsea, for whatever reason.

Wouldn't do for us all to agree.

Archived