BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

Ah ok... Well mani might have been onto something.

Had a good chat on Saturday with someone at ewood in the premier suite. They told me it's expected PL has circa £15m to spend this summer.

Wasn't chaddy, was it? :lol:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Marshall back for Henley that may be a line up to start with on Tuesday.

I don't know what's gone wrong with Henley. When he first came into the team a few years ago I was mightily impressed. Yesterday he looked all at sea. Like he'd never played there before. He didn't know wether to stick or twist.

First rule of full back play. Don't let your direct opponent turn with the ball. You've got to get closer to your opponent. Allow him to gather the ball and run at you and you can have a problem. You need to be close enough to give him second thoughts about trying to turn with the ball but not too close that he can knick it past you and run on. Positional play is everything out there, there's a lot of space to cover.

I agree he didn't get much help from his team mates but sometimes that's how it is. It's you and the winger, you need to win the battle. You've got to take the bull by the horns and try to dominate your opponent physically.

Yes, I have also been thinking that for a while. In fact when Dann was here he often got caught out of position and suffered some abuse for it but he got dragged out of position to cover the full back leaving his other central defender exposed. Maybe PL has told his central defenders, do not get dragged out of position and quite rightly. Maybe that is why Henley has been found wanting?

With Marshall back for Henley that may be a line up to start with on Tuesday.

I don't know what's gone wrong with Henley. When he first came into the team a few years ago I was mightily impressed. Yesterday he looked all at sea. Like he'd never played there before. He didn't know wether to stick or twist.

First rule of full back play. Don't let your direct opponent turn with the ball. You've got to get closer to your opponent. Allow him to gather the ball and run at you and you can have a problem. You need to be close enough to give him second thoughts about trying to turn with the ball but not too close that he can knick it past you and run on. Positional play is everything out there, there's a lot of space to cover.

I agree he didn't get much help from his team mates but sometimes that's how it is. It's you and the winger, you need to win the battle. You've got to take the bull by the horns and try to dominate your opponent physically.

The Blackburn with Darwen DNA for football is that nobody stands off and runs backwards when the oponents have OUR ball !

One of the basics for this part of the world.

Wasn't chaddy, was it? :lol:

No! It was Billy Hunt from Merseyside.

Had a good chat on Saturday with someone at ewood in the premier suite. They told me it's expected PL has circa £15m to spend this summer.

He also said Lambert is happy leaving the squad as it is until the end of the season and is looking to bolster the squad then!

Looking like I was right about how much money we will look to spend come this summer.

IMO, Lambert wouldnt come here unless he got money to spend this summer and got those assurances from the Advisors/owners

Looking like I was right about how much money we will look to spend come this summer.

IMO, Lambert wouldnt come here unless he got money to spend this summer and got those assurances from the Advisors/owners

Quite right I also heard the money from Rhodes couldn't be spent during the winter window (deadline day) because it was going to take quite a bit of time for us to receive it.

I am not sure what that means but I am guessing spending was never the agenda during this window.

It was always a case of get to the end of the season and replace the dross who are out of contract.

If it's £15m spent then fine but I reckon it'll be £10m and the rest on fees and wages.

Says who?

Do you REALLY think Lambert would have come here unless he got money to spend this summer to build a promotion squad for next season

Who trusts Venkys?

None of this "it's looking like I'm right" till the ink is drying on some new proper proven players contracts.

Quite right I also heard the money from Rhodes couldn't be spent during the winter window (deadline day) because it was going to take quite a bit of time for us to receive it.

I am not sure what that means but I am guessing spending was never the agenda during this window.

It was always a case of get to the end of the season and replace the dross who are out of contract.

If it's £15m spent then fine but I reckon it'll be £10m and the rest on fees and wages.

For goodness sake don't believe that nonsense.

I may have believed it when Lambert took the job but not so much recently. Lambert's comments about the WHU game and summer funding have caused more uncertainty and we have had enough of that under Venkys. Whoever is doing the PR since the moron left needs to inform Lambert not to make such statements. Don't take this as anti-Lambert please the fact he took this job over others is a positive sign for the club. Yeah part of that may have been "full control" over transfers, etc that he wouldn't have had at QPR/Fulham. He probably could still have patiently waited for another opportunity where he would have full control. Though I don't know which Championship clubs give their managers that and which don't.

Was his name "Greg" by any chance?

Haha no! But it would have been something if it was.

But like I said it was just a chat we had. I was his guest with some family (one of which sponsors a couple of hoardings and a number of games each season (Boro on Tuesday is the next game I think he is sponsoring).

Anyway this guy was talking about this and that and mentioned the money from the Rhodes deal being available in the summer. He said Lambert was happy to leave the squad as it is until the summer (unless an unbelievable player is available) but had circa £15m.

The only way we will now is when or if he spends it in the summer.

I am happy to accept if I am wrong and been misinformed but I am hopeful it is good info.

Especially as it can be a source in the future!

But like I said it was just a chat we had. I was his guest with some family (one of which sponsors a couple of hoardings and a number of games each season (Boro on Tuesday is the next game I think he is sponsoring).

Anyway this guy was talking about this and that and mentioned the money from the Rhodes deal being available in the summer. He said Lambert was happy to leave the squad as it is until the summer (unless an unbelievable player is available) but had circa £15m.

I am happy to accept if I am wrong and been misinformed but I am hopeful it is good info.

Not if he reads this MB

Sounds like a good sales pitch to me ! But then I'm just cynical ;)

Cheers for sharing it though. I'd be over the moon if it turns out to be true, as long as we don't sell anyone else first.

He also said Lambert is happy leaving the squad as it is until the end of the season and is looking to bolster the squad then!

Is this £15m plus the Rhodes money or not?

If it's just £15m we won't be killing any league. We need at least nine players.

Yawn.

Brown has Lambert's improved midfield behind him, Rhodes didn't get that opportunity and instead had to get his binoculars out to link up with his midfield. How's the higher pressing midfield working out for Brown?

Not sure the need for the snarky comment when you can check the last time yourself. And such vitriol when we are having to watch that lummox up front is very much misplaced. He makes Jason Roberts look like Thierry Henry.

I see Rhodes' badly timed departure as a lose-lose for both him and Rovers, and a missed opportunity. But we move on.

Two wins in the last two home games- albeit a VERY fortunate one yesterday. Can't do much better than that. I'll ignore the away hammering in between because I can't comment as I didn't see it.

We are going round in circles here. If Rhodes hadn't been sold there would not have been an Improved midfield for him to get in front of!

The fact is, he wanted to go, he was ineffectual and NOT SCORING! So can we move on?

I don't miss him, if you do there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

Archived