BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

The changing point for me, was Evans going off injured, Lenihan did a much better job of the DM role, broke up a few attack and immediately looked for a forward ball.

Also allowed Gomez to come inside, where he was influential, as was Bennett in a wider role.

As for the ref, that was an awful performance.

The changing point was Brown going off and Jackson coming on. We looked to get forward because he and Bennett did so at every opportunity.

As much as it hurts people, due to sheer lack of effort, we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes today. Graham looks to wait for the perfect ball, if Brown stands watching then we are carrying two players. And to think that people used to moan when we only had Rhodes up front. All he did was score goals! :rolleyes:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Brown reaction, our fans will complain about how we've been portrayed in the media (and rightly so), but then chant for our own player to be sent off, and applaud when they are substituted!

I can't imagine many fans of other clubs doing the above!

What was it that Paul Lambert said with regards to players sometimes not being right for a particular club. Seems the diehards have sent out a clear message, its not as if they've been inpatient with the player is it.

The question should be why have the supporters been backed into this situation.

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, but we don't have Rhodes any more, we have been scoring goals without him though, which is a relief. People seemed certain that we wouldn't do that any more once he was sold.

Seriously though, I was a fan of Rhodes while he was here, but he wanted to go and now he's gone. Probably better for all of us to support the players that are still here.

The anonymity of the crowd, eh?

Gary Speed and Robert Enke, anyone?

How people on here can presume they know how Chris Brown will feel about abuse he had been given is beyond me. Or how hiis family will feel for that matter.

Shame on the lot of you.

Absolute nonsense. Don't suppose his family have minded taking the 10k p.w. for the last 2 years whilst he has either been injured or contributing the square root of diddly squat.

The amount he's earning is actually completely irrelevant. If he'd been on £500 p.w. he'd have been nicking that as well.

• Backroom

The changing point was Brown going off and Jackson coming on. We looked to get forward because he and Bennett did so at every opportunity.

As much as it hurts people, due to sheer lack of effort, we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes today. Graham looks to wait for the perfect ball, if Brown stands watching then we are carrying two players. And to think that people used to moan when we only had Rhodes up front. All he did was score goals! :rolleyes:

I think Graham does far more than Rhodes for the team in pulling people out of position, while retaining a goal threat. Brown I agree is crap, but at least roughs them up!

P.S. Anyone who thinks it's okay to boo or jeer your own team's player individually is a complete plank imo. Booing someone for being promoted above their station is out of order, especially when they have directly put in more effort for the team than some scrotes who have verbally attacked the club and fans, such as Orr and Best. Such 'fans' can bugger off down the M65. Support your club and its players through thick and thin, especially during the match.

That's one point of view but personally I can think of far worse adjectives to describe 2/3/4000 (or whatever) people rounding on one person for being unintentionally bad at their job.

I had to choose one that would get through the filter

Out of interest...did the same crowd bully Steve Kean or that poor referee today?

Absolute nonsense. Don't suppose his family have minded taking the 10k p.w. for the last 2 years whilst he has either been injured or contributing the square root of diddly squat.

The amount he's earning is actually completely irrelevant. If he'd been on £500 p.w. he'd have been nicking that as well.

Try reading the book about Robert Enke. You simply don't know what is going through a person's mind or how they react to the world around them. It was hardly Brown's fault that he picked up injuries that required operations after joining the Rovers.

Relieved at the the points and the second half was entertaining. First half was as bad as if gets but credit where it is due they came out fired up second half.

on the booing and cheering and off off off. I booed first half when spurr had the ball and nobody either showed interest or moved toward him meaning stupid long ball got punted forward.

booed at half time too.

Brown was terrible today, really that bad. Only 10 days ago we cheered his effort and again today people were willing him to do well. I think people criticising fans who booed him or cheered him going off need to remember what a grim time we have had over the last 4 or 5 years. People are on edge and really fed up with the rubbish served up.

Graham did seem to try and calm the crowd when brown got cheered off.

Anyway glad we won roll on Tuesday.

Just back in Glasgow.

First half we were okay for 20 minutes then a couple of passes went astray and Brown missed that chance and you could sense the crowd turning. I then witnessed something that i feel sums up a sizeable proportion of the know-nowts that go to Ewood. A ball was hoofed up the park and Brown won the header, but no colleague (and I'm especially meaning Graham here) anticipated his flick-on and the ball ran harmlessly through to the keeper. A rather loud mouthed fella sat in front of me shouted "Brown, you're f'ing shyte, wtf was that?". All the fella did was win a header and he was subjected to dogs' abuse from his own fans. I don't care if he's the worst player ever to pull on a blue and white shirt, if you understand so little of the game to blame him for that particular incident then God help us!

The rubbish being said by Rovers fans at half time was also astonishing - that game was eminently winnable (as was ultimately proved) but you would think we were actually relegated listening to the nonsense being spouted on the Darwen End concourse! The problem is, you could actually feel that atmosphere in the stadium from about 5 minutes before they scored their first goal.

Lambert obviously tweaked a couple of things at half time and probably gave them a rocket and it was much better second half and I thought we were worthy winners in the end without ever looking at our best.

We won't be relegated but FFS people get behind your team when they need you to - its easy to clap and cheer when we are winning, but they need your support when things aren't going so well too. The Darwen End by and large was a disgrace today as far as I'm concerned.

• Backroom

Just back in Glasgow.

First half we were okay for 20 minutes then a couple of passes went astray and Brown missed that chance and you could sense the crowd turning. I then witnessed something that i feel sums up a sizeable proportion of the know-nowts that go to Ewood. A ball was hoofed up the park and Brown won the header, but no colleague (and I'm especially meaning Graham here) anticipated his flick-on and the ball ran harmlessly through to the keeper. A rather loud mouthed fella sat in front of me shouted "Brown, you're f'ing shyte, wtf was that?". All the fella did was win a header and he was subjected to dogs' abuse from his own fans. I don't care if he's the worst player ever to pull on a blue and white shirt, if you understand so little of the game to blame him for that particular incident then God help us!

The rubbish being said by Rovers fans at half time was also astonishing - that game was eminently winnable (as was ultimately proved) but you would think we were actually relegated listening to the nonsense being spouted on the Darwen End concourse! The problem is, you could actually feel that atmosphere in the stadium from about 5 minutes before they scored their first goal.

Lambert obviously tweaked a couple of things at half time and probably gave them a rocket and it was much better second half and I thought we were worthy winners in the end without ever looking at our best.

We won't be relegated but FFS people get behind your team when they need you to - its easy to clap and cheer when we are winning, but they need your support when things aren't going so well too. The Darwen End by and large was a disgrace today as far as I'm concerned.

Take a look at a proper fan's attitude, boys and girls. Best post about today imo.

He only has two assists less than Messi at the moment. ;)

Awww come on!!!

He's averaging a goal every 6 games and an assist every 3 games this season....and this in one if the best leagues in the world.

Stats hey! You can doll them up however you like :rock::closedeyes:

Probably sounds even better to say "He's scored 5 goals in 16 starts in the best league in the world" - *Agent talk :tu:

* Maybe that's why we made some of our most baffling signings?

Awww come on!!!

He's averaging a goal every 6 games and an assist every 3 games this season....and this in one if the best leagues in the world.

Stats hey! You can doll them up however you like :rock::closedeyes:

Probably sounds even better to say "He's scored 5 goals in 16 starts in the best league in the world" - *Agent talk :tu:

* Maybe that's why we made some of our most baffling signings?

Rochina was more than good enough for this level of football.

He never had a manager experienced or brave enough to get him a proper run in the side. And you can't blame it on his inconsistency, because certain non-performers were being picked week in, week out.

I think Graham does far more than Rhodes for the team in pulling people out of position, while retaining a goal threat. Brown I agree is crap, but at least roughs them up!

P.S. Anyone who thinks it's okay to boo or jeer your own team's player individually is a complete plank imo. Booing someone for being promoted above their station is out of order, especially when they have directly put in more effort for the team than some scrotes who have verbally attacked the club and fans, such as Orr and Best. Such 'fans' can bugger off down the M65. Support your club and its players through thick and thin, especially during the match.

Again Mike, when was he booed? He gets a bit of stick but its mainly ironic humour. I suppose its the same way that different people find some comedians funny and can't stand others.

Gomez a class act.

Bennett is becoming a crucial player for us - an assist and a goal today added to two assists against Fulham.

Brown is a poor player but booing him is ridiculous.

Very important win, should see us safe now. Would have been back in the danger zone if we had not won with Rotherham picking up three points. Can't see us going down now.

How people on here can presume they know how Chris Brown will feel about abuse he had been given is beyond me. Or how hiis family will feel for that matter.

Legendary status is sometimes only ever a game away.

Saturday 5th March 2016.

I've got a feeling...............

Try reading the book about Robert Enke. You simply don't know what is going through a person's mind or how they react to the world around them. It was hardly Brown's fault that he picked up injuries that required operations after joining the Rovers.

Pretty tasteless and irrelevant comparison, there's no evidence whatsoever Brown is suffering from the same sort of medical condition as the two people you mention is there?

Even if you are insinuating players can be driven to do something like that by the crowdI think that that is an exceptionally rare occurrence and fans are entitled to assume that players are of normal mental fortitude and are self aware enough to realise that if they don't perform, particularly over a prolonged period, they will attract criticism.

Archived