BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

Be interesting to read this MB if Gomez hadn't pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

Personally was disappointed at the crowd reaction when Brown was pulled off. His career average shows that he is no Rhodes when it comes to scoring goals - but he always puts in a shift, and this match was no different. TBH I have more time for a journeyman player who gives 100% - than a more talented player only giving 50%. Having said that - he is one of a few players we need to upgrade if we are to have any chance next season.

Anyone else think that their second goal was offside - the cross wasn't pulled back, but was slightly forward - and their player looked offside - though difficult to see from the angles on the Sky coverage.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally was disappointed at the crowd reaction when Brown was pulled off. His career average shows that he is no Rhodes when it comes to scoring goals - but he always puts in a shift, and this match was no different. TBH I have more time for a journeyman player who gives 100% - than a more talented player only giving 50%. Having said that - he is one of a few players we need to upgrade if we are to have any chance next season.

Anyone else think that their second goal was offside - the cross wasn't pulled back, but was slightly forward - and their player looked offside - though difficult to see from the angles on the Sky coverage.

Paul Lambert said on RR that it was offside and was adamant. He must have seen it from a different angle because, like you I found it difficult to tell from what we saw on Sky. I actually thought MK Dons were lucky to finish with eleven players as I felt that Graham was clearly impeded when he had a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity. Given what the referee had blown up for previously I can only think he 'bottled' the decision as it would have resulted in a dismissal.

Absolutely no question about it - he was offside. I can understand why the linesman didn't spot it though to be fair.

His rovers career average shows he ain't no fonz either

Got to say that the first half yesterday was as bad as anything served up by Jack Marshall, Kean, Jim Iley and John Pickering et al over my 50 years of supporting the club

We were completely outplayed in midfield by a team lower than us who were in League one last year, As a result the crowd got frustrated with the incompetence on display, particularly from Brown, but many players who could not make a six yard pass get to their own man. The fans are frustrated with Venky's, with the apparent inability of Lambert to improve things, the loss of two major goalscorers this season, the likelihood now of another relegation scrap and the overall destruction of our proud club. There is only so much patience fans can be expected to have.

When you put all that together I am afraid the time for niceties is over. If we had not turned that round in the second half I think there would have been a mass desertion of the fan base because nobody believes anymore.

There are a number of players who try as they might are not at the required level. Brown, Taylor, Henley have proved over the last few weeks that they are not up to the mark. It is time for drastic action given the current situation. We have to do better than that. I am not one for booing players but in the end you have to show that you have no confidence in certain players. In Spain they wave the white handkerchiefs but whatever it amounts to the same thing, These guys have had enough chances and have patently shown themselves inept. Foe heaven's sake we are talking the Joe Craig, Paul Mckinnon standard here. Even Norman Bell and John Lowey managed goals for us.

Time for Lambert to get real. A major shake up is required. Please do not play Gomez out of position again. Get a decent right back in the club and loan another forward to give Graham a fighting chance.

Time for the deadwood to go forever. A repeat of the first half form in future will mean the club will go down yet again,

Our fans have hit a new low, chanting 'off, off' for that challenge of Brown's. Disgraceful.

I was not comfortable with it either, but I am prepared to "look behind the behaviour" LOL. How much more can people take?.

The owners have been taking the p155 for 5 years. This was yet another extremely embarrassing first half and most of these players are just awful. Anger is a normal reaction. The only issue is what people do with it, I guess.

Anyway, it leaves me with this question:how is it that someone like Brown can be a regular first team starter in a Blackburn Rovers shirt?

A major shake up is required.

Time for the deadwood to go forever. A repeat of the first half form in future will mean the club will go down yet again,

Been saying for a while that a mass exodus of players is required if we want to change the whole mentality of the club, a fresh set of faces for the fans is what is needed. Constantly playing Brown is like a slap in the face to the fans and a constant reminder of what we could become if we don't get a better quality of player in.

Sounds like we experienced the same problem we had under Bowyer, namely that the team is incapable of starting on the front foot and needs to go a goal down before they spark into life. We were able to do it against Fulham, but that was the exception and not the rule.

Regarding booing players, we need to be careful we don't have players not wanting the ball or trying something risky because if they mess it up we will be on their back. You could end up with a team of jason lowes - passing 5 metres backards all the time.

We especially want the young players to feel they can make mistakes and the crowd is with them. And players on loan like Gomez to see we are a good group of fans who back players.

I used to moan and groan when williamson was brought on. But that was under Bowyer. I think that now we have a proper manager we should trust that lambert will figure out who is rubbish and only disapprove when players don't try.

Don't think Brown is getting abuse rather he's being mocked for being totally inadequate at his job. Slight difference. I'm sure it's not nice for him but he probably lives in a Cheshire mansion, glamour model wife, 10-20k per week so I'm not going to feel too sorry for him.

At the end of the day he's lucky to have a job (bloody well paid one at that) because even if tried my best if I was as bad at my job as he is at his job I would be sacked or if I was above the chop being lightly mocked by customers or colleagues is the least I'd expect. If that happened is find a new career something brown needs to think about.

Normally football crowds get on the backs of players who are perceived as being non triers or a bit timid. It's unusual for a player who's giving it his best shot to get stick. Looks like the players feel that way at the moment.

Think the difference yesterday was the chances he missed that really showed his lack of ability up again in the eyes of fans. Everything clicked with the other players getting opportunities v Fulham and normally in his cameos he just ploughs about but doesn't get into Rhodes like positions. Yesterday he did but he's never going to put away gilt edged chances sadly, never has but when we end up relying on that it's just not god enough and he'll know that.

To be honest a manger who might rely on that is a bit daft as well and for me Lambert has to shoulder some of the blame on Brown for keep putting so much faith in him.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

The team and players Lambert selected won the match, scoring three goals in the process.

Job done. Well done to all involved.

The result is the important thing. Thank God we won and credit to the players for the character shown at the end.

I have just listened to an interview with Karl Robinson. I have got to agree with him that for large parts of this match Blackburn Rovers were played off the park by fourth from bottom MK Dons.

If only we can stay up, there needs to be a massive clear out! There is so much rubbish in the squad.

Think the difference yesterday was the chances he missed that really showed his lack of ability up again in the eyes of fans. Everything clicked with the other players getting opportunities v Fulham and normally in his cameos he just ploughs about but doesn't get into Rhodes like positions. Yesterday he did but he's never going to put away gilt edged chances sadly, never has but when we end up relying on that it's just not god enough and he'll know that.

To be honest a manger who might rely on that is a bit daft as well and for me Lambert has to shoulder some of the blame on Brown for keep putting so much faith in him.

Who else could he have played up front?

I'll say this about Brown. He's a very limited footballer and he'll know that more then anyone. He's managed to make a career out of football even with those limitations and that can only be because of the way he goes about his work. He's done well for us since the sale of Rhodes, - he's definitely made a difference when he's played. He's contributed a lot towards our decent performances with his willingness to chase and Harry any cause. Yesterday he had a poor game, but he didn't hide. Every credit to him for that. And to all his critics, many of whom are still angry about the sale of Rhodes - Brown wasn't brought in to replace Rhodes, Brown was here before he was sold. I believe that his contract is up in the summer and I doubt it will be renewed.

But I guess haters will hate.

On reflection, I feel our starting formation of 442 was all wrong as once again we got dominated in midfield and struggled to get out of our half.

This formation requires 2 quick forwards who are prepared to run the channels and put the opposition on the back foot. Brown and Graham are not that type.

The lack of a decent player on our left is causing our CH's so many problems with the usual foray by Grant charging out.

Bennett looks like he could be decent either RM or at the top of the diamond, but I felt we didn't get the best out of Gomez on the right.

Lenihan looks like he might make the grade but needs more matches under his belt. If we can keep him playing this season he may be up to speed next season.

The introduction of Grimes and to some extent Jackson made us a quicker and a more balanced team.

A team without pace in it will rarely look dangerous, will invite the opposition to play further up the pitch and the opposition will benefit from the space they have.

Who else could he have played up front?

I'll say this about Brown. He's a very limited footballer and he'll know that more then anyone. He's managed to make a career out of football even with those limitations and that can only be because of the way he goes about his work. He's done well for us since the sale of Rhodes, - he's definitely made a difference when he's played. He's contributed a lot towards our decent performances with his willingness to chase and Harry any cause. Yesterday he had a poor game, but he didn't hide. Every credit to him for that. And to all his critics, many of whom are still angry about the sale of Rhodes - Brown wasn't brought in to replace Rhodes, Brown was here before he was sold. I believe that his contract is up in the summer and I doubt it will be renewed.

But I guess haters will hate.

There's some very odd posters on here. Giving Rhodes loads of stick for "holding the side back" but then going on to praise a player as bad as Brown.

Every credit to you Brown, and eff off Rhodes for all those goals you scored. Weird.

rod-serling-meme-generator-it-makes-perf

Some embarrassing posts on this thread at one nil down. Certainties for relegation apparently.

Well done to all concerned. Brilliant. No easy games when under pressure for a result and the home fans getting restless. Another three goals. Dynamite.

Eeieeieeiooo...

Guilty, I just get soooo mad when it seems we are mot making a real effort. Doom monger. Alls well that ends well. At least Lambert seems to know how to turn a game around, unlike just having a right good go.

more red cards and yellow cards than goals in his last 2 years ? how has he done better than Rhodes in that time ?

"But I guess haters will hate"...den you actually told me to grow up for that term.

Where have I said he's done better than anyone else abbey?

There's some very odd posters on here. Giving Rhodes loads of stick for "holding the side back" but then going on to praise a player as bad as Brown.

Every credit to you Brown, and eff off Rhodes for all those goals you scored. Weird.

Thats actually pretty funny.

People seem to get so riled up about things and end up giving opinions for opinions sake on here because they can... The whole Brown thing has been blown up way too much and it's actually not that big of a deal.

Praised him for his application. He's worked hard and made a difference. He's not good enough, no one has said he is.

Archived