BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

I thought Spurr looked much more like the player we signed today, Brown deserves a medal because I have never seen a professional striker mis-time a header and shoulder it twice in a match, Henley is a liability but the new players all look like they've something good to offer. Great result, good to see us upping the effort 2nd half. Class goal to win it and I'm glad that those who bugger off early missed it.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst the rest of the team celebrated the goals together, Graham walked off on his own for at least the 2nd and 3rd goals. Little odd.

Graham reaction was because he was incensed with some of the "fans" pathetic response to Browns substitution.

Strangely enough,and bad as Brown is,I can see a place for him when we revert to "hoofball"system. Id say he is better in the air than Graham(who is a better footballer)but Graham is,like Brown,very static,no pace,and I doubt will score many more goals. If Graham is on £35k a week and Brown £10/12k a week,Id take Brown.

If nothing else,it should leave wages for another option.........aka Brown + 1 other rather than Graham. As they could both be very injury prone.

Like I said, it's crystal clear he's rubbish, but what must he think when he gets subbed off after working his hardest? Anyway, we won!

Maybe it's time I should stop stealing a living off the Club?

He's a professional footballer (supposedly). You have to take the brickbats when you play badly with the plaudits hen you do well and he's been a complete joke ever since he joined the Club. People should be feeling sorry for the crowd having to watch the useless sod instead of the other way round.

Not impressive today but a win's a win. Maybe a bit of good fortune balancing out after Derby midweek.

What we'll do when Gomez goes back to Sunderland might be a different matter.

• Backroom
Paul Lambert praised his side's character and commitment after their 3-2 win over MK Dons.
Rovers left it late to clinch all three points thanks to Jordi Gomez's injury-time free-kick.
The Dons opened the scoring in the first half through Samir Carruthers, but Rovers drew level early in the second thanks to Gomez.
A first goal for Elliott Bennett saw Rovers get their noses in front but the visitors thought they had rescued a point when Alex Revell scored four minutes from time.
But deep into injury time the on-loan Spaniard stepped up to curl home a tremendous free-kick to send the Ewood faithful home happy.
"It was a big effort because I knew the excursions of Wednesday night would come back and hurt us," Lambert told Radio Rovers.
"I sensed it yesterday in training, we looked a tired side in training.
"The game started off okay but then they started to get a foothold in it and got their goal.
"The second half was more like us, we went 2-1 up and justifiably so. Their second goal is offside, and the one where Danny Graham is through is onside.
"But it was a genuinely world class goal from a top player in Jordi.
"As a team we showed terrific character and desire to win the game, it was a really big win, it was a big effort.
"We've been playing well of late, we needed that win."
Rovers are back in action this Tuesday night when Middlesbrough are the visitors to Ewood Park.

Paul Lambert praised his side's character and commitment after their 3-2 win over MK Dons.
Rovers left it late to clinch all three points thanks to Jordi Gomez's injury-time free-kick.
The Dons opened the scoring in the first half through Samir Carruthers, but Rovers drew level early in the second thanks to Gomez.
A first goal for Elliott Bennett saw Rovers get their noses in front but the visitors thought they had rescued a point when Alex Revell scored four minutes from time.
But deep into injury time the on-loan Spaniard stepped up to curl home a tremendous free-kick to send the Ewood faithful home happy.
"It was a big effort because I knew the excursions of Wednesday night would come back and hurt us," Lambert told Radio Rovers.
"I sensed it yesterday in training, we looked a tired side in training.
"The game started off okay but then they started to get a foothold in it and got their goal.
"The second half was more like us, we went 2-1 up and justifiably so. Their second goal is offside, and the one where Danny Graham is through is onside.
"But it was a genuinely world class goal from a top player in Jordi.
"As a team we showed terrific character and desire to win the game, it was a really big win, it was a big effort.
"We've been playing well of late, we needed that win."
Rovers are back in action this Tuesday night when Middlesbrough are the visitors to Ewood Park.

Sounds like Brendan Rodgers

Rovers are clearly a better team than MK Dons and the sides below. There was sloppiness today in conceding 2 goals but thankfully Rovers scored 3. Sometimes it will only take 1 or 2 and it won't always require a world class goal to get out of jail! They were extremely ordinary Rovers certainly had more about them. Karl Robinson is right Rovers will NOT be relegated (barring anything like a major injury crisis) and his MK side are in serious trouble.

Won't claim I knew Gomez was going to score but I definitely felt a sense of anticipation. Could see him sizing up the angle and I envisioned exactly where he was going to try and put it. He did exactly what I hoped he was going to do fantastic goal and a top candidate for the Peter White trophy. Its a shame people seemed to respond by singing about Burnley (its got nothing to do with my other well known views it should have been the name of Gomez being chanted) than chanting his name for scoring a superb goal.

I'm not going to boo Brown because as someone said it is Lambert who's playing him. That miss was indeed appalling and you can understand the frustration but hearing comments like "when its Brown, flush it down" aren't very nice! Funny perhaps but certainly rather mean! You have to wonder though is he the equivalent of Alan Fettis? The difference in Brown's case is he can't score a goal and Fettis couldn't save a shot.

Henley certainly looked vulnerable too but he could have had a little bit more help. For their 2nd goal he was exposed (and before as well) but after that he had more support in closing down. Of course that isn't an excuse for poor one on one defending but if players see their teammate in trouble they need to be a little quicker too.

The new players have a clean slate and perhaps people didn't know Matt Grimes (like a woman in row behind me) but he could have had a better reception. It was rather lukewarm when he was brought on for his Ewood debut. Gomez has been really good since he joined and clearly he's got the ability Rovers need. Hopefully his loan will become permanent though I expect its more likely Graham's deal will. Wasn't his best performance today couple of times slow to react though he could have had a goal. Bennett of course is here permanently and he had another good outing. Steele's poor kicking was highlighted at least once again but good to have no errors though still need a better replacement.

I agree entirely about sections of the crowd being an embarrassment. The cheering when Brown went off was nothing short of pathetic, every bit as bad as Taylor being applauded last week. I saw the look on Lamberts face when it happened and he was visibly shocked. I didn't expect tumultuous applause but the cheering didn't help anything.

The win is most welcome after what was generally a poor performance and more important than how we played. Most of the pre match talk was about winning and that is what we did.

Well despite if the manager liked it or not... At least he is definately getting the message from the fans that this calibre of player is not acceptable at Rovers. I might not agree with the reactions from some of the fans because its not his fault he's @#/? but they have a right to express themselves over what they're paying to see. That bloke wont exactly be earning peanuts at Rovers and the only way he and the manager can justify his selection is by getting a goal and shutting the doubters up. In some respect I'm surprised some people are so shocked, embarrassing player will make the fans embarrassed, resulting in stuff like this.

• Moderation Lead

On the Brown reaction, our fans will complain about how we've been portrayed in the media (and rightly so), but then chant for our own player to be sent off, and applaud when they are substituted!

I can't imagine many fans of other clubs doing the above!

Some thoughts...

Brown. Brownie, Brownie, Brownie. Oh dear. If you weren't paid a (Josh) King's Ransom, I'd feel sorry for you. Surely you know your own limitations, and your own strengths? Was the Fulham game a fluke? A one-off? Were you just caught up in the moment? You were a shadow of that player today. You tried to play football again. Sadly that's not one of your strengths. But come on! That free shot you had in the first half and couldn't even hit the target with, let alone score, was shameful. An embarrassment to the Rovers who have worn the number 9 shirt before you. Lambert should have brought you off at half time because the reaction that you got on your substitution was inevitable and avoidable, not excusable by any stretch but inevitable.

Right back. We need to pick up a right back in this loan window. Marshall isn't really a right back but looks fairly comfortable because of his ability. When he is injured we have nobody. Even as Henley was stood on the touch line I was very concerned, and rightly as it transpired. He was turned inside out several times before they got their equaliser at his expense. Very worrying indeed.

Graham. Looks like he is very capable but appears to have a bit of a lazy side. He seems to think that because he is/was a Premier League player that it gives him to right to stop playing when things don't quite come off for him, or berate the referee while the game is still going on if a decision hasn't gone his way. A bit of a prima donna possibly.

Booing. Please, please, people, never boo your own players, your own team. Yes, it can be frustrating but there is a way to go about it and still have some class. Do you think that the players will warm to it? Do you think on loan players will want to sign permanently? It's embarrassing, and it's detrimental to our team and our club.

Gomez. He was a class above everyone on the pitch - on both teams. His free kick was sublime and a great way to send Rovers fans home - if not happy - breathing a huge sigh of relief. Not here I could cope with that every week but it's certainly a better feeling than getting beat easily.

Bennett. Did well today, hopefully he can continue to improve. He was critical of his own recent performances in the local press so it shows that he will demand better of himself and therefore of others around him.

A first half to forget and a second to remember. Better that was than the reverse. There are several things to address and, providing we can stay in this division, I expect that Lambert is learning a lot about the size of the task still ahead of him.

Onwards and upwards.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10184048/blackburn-3-2-mk-dons

Plumbed new depths in the first half and that response was needed. Credit Lambert for what's looking like a very good signing in Gomez.

Re Brown - he really is absolutely shocking and, relatively speaking, has not had any serious grief.

A sarcastic cheer to greet his removal is very tame in my opinion.

I can certainly think of better players in the past who suffered dogs abuse in comparison.

The bottom line is a crucial win which eases the pressure ahead of some very tough fixtures.

First half very disappointing. It's clear we have a manager who knows what he is doing when we came out vastly improved in the second half and got his changes spot on. The riot act had clearly been read and the players responded to it.

Gomez was very quiet in the first half on the right hand side, second half he was moved inside and saw a lot more of the ball. Bennett moved out to the right and improved when Corry Evans was replaced by Grimes.

Chris Brown - it just isn't working and never will now. I feel sorry for him, especially when home supporters are booing him/jeering when he is taken off. Terrible treatment from 'fans'. For all parties he needs to move on and play elsewhere.

We made hard work of it but picked up a crucial three points. That's how Burnley are top of the league, by just doing enough to edge past teams when not playing well.

Well despite if the manager liked it or not... At least he is definately getting the message from the fans that this calibre of player is not acceptable at Rovers. I might not agree with the reactions from some of the fans because its not his fault he's @#/? but they have a right to express themselves over what they're paying to see. That bloke wont exactly be earning peanuts at Rovers and the only way he and the manager can justify his selection is by getting a goal and shutting the doubters up. In some respect I'm surprised some people are so shocked, embarrassing player will make the fans embarrassed, resulting in stuff like this.

I see no justification for doing what some 'fans' did. If you think it is acceptable then that is your opinion and clearly you are not on your own but in my opinion it was embarrassing for the club.

I don't see what his earnings have anything to do with it.

Graham reaction was because he was incensed with some of the "fans" pathetic response to Browns substitution.

If that 's true then it's a pathetic reaction from Graham imo. He's not even our player and should be concentrating on getting his own game in order.

Perhaps he doesn't realise how bad Brown has been since he came to the Club and that he has never contributed anything. If it was a case of a player who had played decently and contributed in the past simply going through a wretched run of form then yes the reactions would be well over the top but as it is it's completely understandable.

I can never before recall a striker being at the Club two seasons without scoring a single goal. If there is someone no doubt one of the Brown apologists will come up with it.

If that 's true then it's a pathetic reaction from Graham imo. He's not even our player and should be concentrating on getting his own game in order.

Perhaps he doesn't realise how bad Brown has been since he came to the Club and that he has never contributed anything. If it was a case of a player who had played decently and contributed in the past simply going through a wretched run of form then yes the reactions would be well over the top but as it is it's completely understandable.

I can never before recall a striker being at the Club two seasons without scoring a single goal. If there is someone no doubt one of the Brown apologists will come up with it.

more red n yellow cards than goals speak volumes.

Absolutely cringeworthy stuff today regarding the crowd and Brown. He was woeful but was essentially bullied off the pitch by the crowd. The worst kind of entitled, embarrassing 'supporter' behaviour imaginable.

bullied ? really?

Perhaps if if could get a header on target from 6 yards out instead of hitting the corner flag or get a shot on target from 6 yards out instea of knocking the bovril out of some blokes hand in the top tier then he wouldnt get the desrved bird. F me he earns more in a month than most on here will in 18 months and he cant even do the basic thing a striker should do. Hes not good enough for a sunday pub team.

I see no justification for doing what some 'fans' did. If you think it is acceptable then that is your opinion and clearly you are not on your own but in my opinion it was embarrassing for the club.

I don't see what his earnings have anything to do with it.

His earnings have nothing to do with booing but everything to do with any assessment of his abilities.

bullied ? really?

Perhaps if if could get a header on target from 6 yards out instead of hitting the corner flag or get a shot on target from 6 yards out instea of knocking the bovril out of some blokes hand in the top tier then he wouldnt get the desrved bird. F me he earns more in a month than most on here will in 18 months and he cant even do the basic thing a striker should do. Hes not good enough for a sunday pub team.

Couldn't agree more with your assessment of his (in)abilities - the fact remains several thousand people singling out one player in that manner is a complete disgrace.

Surprised that no-one has mentioned how well Grimes played, he certainly made a difference when he came on.

Comfortable in possession, plays with his head up, was always looking to play positively and didn't shirk the ugly side of the game. I liked what I saw.

I can see what he was trying to do with the one he skied over the top. Goalkeeper and full back were sliding across to cover the goal. A low shot would probably hit them. So he went for the top corner. Poor execution skied the ball. Me, I'd have tried a low blaster and hoped for a bit of luck.

I've never booed a Rovers player. The team at the end of the game once or twice, but never an individual. Nobody plays better for that sort of treatment.

• Backroom

At one point today at 0-0 we had the ball on the halfway line and were closed down, Spurr went back to Hanley and kept the ball, the crowd booed, astounding stuff after that it seemed any misplaced pass was greeted with the same for a good while.

Anyway enough about that I thought Jackson was good again, really good impact sub and someone who likes to run at players.

Still baffled how the ref didn't send their lad off when he had 4 pulls of Graham as he ran through.

On Graham I thought he was good but a little sluggish at times, really good instincts to get a volley away at one point then too slow to get a shot away after that.

Archived