BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Maybe for Henley but Brown is North West Counties level .......

The only problem for Henley is that he'd probably get bullied out of games in the lower leagues. The likes of Ade Akinfenwa would squash him like an insect!

A win's a win. Great to see us scoring goals again - for the first time in a while, this team does at least look like it has goals in it throughout. First time I can remember in a long while that we've had so many goals from midfield. That's our ticket to going onwards and upwards, as long as the strikers chip in with a few too!

We really need to sort our defensive frailties out quickly. It's not good enough to concede at least one goal every game - that's MK Dons (2), Derby (1), West Ham (5), Fulham (0), Hull (2), Middlesbrough (1). At least we're starting to show signs that we can score more goals than we concede (against those in and around us at least).

The only problem for Henley is that he'd probably get bullied out of games in the lower leagues. The likes of Ade Akinfenwa would squash him like an insect!

Don't know how long I've been saying that he needs loaning out. Should have been loaned out 2 years ago, never had to really prove himself because of the lack of quality at right back. If he goes to League 1 and looks poor then you have your answer, not going to work him out whilst sat on the bench.

Don't know how long I've been saying that he needs loaning out. Should have been loaned out 2 years ago, never had to really prove himself because of the lack of quality at right back. If he goes to League 1 and looks poor then you have your answer, not going to work him out whilst sat on the bench.

And I bet you he'll be at the Euros too. Unbelievable!

• Backroom

He might have at least hardened up a bit if he'd had to spend some of the past few years playing in L1/L2. Certainly didn't do the likes of Delle Ali any harm.

Just seen the highlights on Sky Sports (I live in London so only usually make it to away games):

1. Brown's misses are inexcusable. Should at least have hit the target with the volley, and when he missed the target from an easy rebound he reminded us once again that he will never get a goal for us, no matter how many chances he gets. Never want to see him in a Rovers shirt again.

2. Gomez is a class act. Superb header and an absolutely sublime free kick. Haven't seen us score one from that far out in a long time.

3. Brown and Duffy aside, our shooting looked better than it has in a while. We were having decent efforts near the edge of the box, and their keeper had to make quite a few decent saves.

The comments in regard to Henley have been done in the same vein many times over in the past 3 yrs and nothing changes. Least of all him. About time the penny dropped somewhere as a succession of coaches and now a manager have deemed him not reliable enough to be a regular.

Cheering when Brown got subbed was embarrassing as well.

Not as embarrassing as the useless lump wearing a rovers shirt . He's absolutely crap and my dog would be a better choice .

Scruffy win will do for me despite that cart horse up front and one of the worst refs ever to set foot in ewood .

• Backroom

Not as embarrassing as the useless lump wearing a rovers shirt . He's absolutely crap and my dog would be a better choice .

Scruffy win will do for me despite that cart horse up front and one of the worst refs ever to set foot in ewood .

Honestly for me as bad as Brown was (and he was bloody terrible) the crowd was worse, pathetic stuff at times today.

I didn't plough my way through, it took me five seconds to type your name and "Brown" into the search function and it tells me how many results it found.

See above. :wstu:

I have to wonder why? What on Earth did you achieve with that exercise? It's not like it will change my mind about Brown. He was dire today. Missed 3 golden chances miserably.

• Moderation Lead

Like I said, it's crystal clear he's rubbish, but what must he think when he gets subbed off after working his hardest? Anyway, we won!

Just home from the game, thank goodness we won and with a stunner from Gomez.

Shocking first half, with a slight improvement in the second.

Steele didn't seem to have much of a chance with the goals.

Marshal played well as usual with no support in front of him first half.

Duffy was solid in defence but cannot pass and tends to just punce it forward.

Hanley was strong enough but still has the mad rushes out into CH's no mans land.

Spurr played ok (for him) and actually got a few crosses in.

Midfield was awful in the first half as most players were not in their comfortable position.

Graham and Brown were poor.

Introduction of Grimes gave our midfield a better look.

Brown was rightly subbed but cheering his substitution was embarrassing.

Henley was awful when he came on, needs to be on loan in the conference on that showing.

12000 on the ground - no chance! Poor attendance, very quiet and very quick to boo and moan.

Anyway, was worth the entrance fee just to see Gomez's goal, unlucky to all the ones who'd left.

Honestly for me as bad as Brown was (and he was bloody terrible) the crowd was worse, pathetic stuff at times today.

Rubbish. People entitled to an opinion. These are grown men for Gods sake. A bit of booing and mickey taking should be water of a duck's back for someone who has been around the block for years.

Make no mistake brown is stealing a living as a footballer from rovers. That said I actually feel sorry for him this sort of pity could be a personal weakness of mine but he's no Leon best in terms of effort but there's not even a flicker of ability. I think as he's trying his best (such as it is) and to be mocked with off chants and cheered off the pitch whilst sort of amusing is harsh. Simple answer is never play that useless lump ever again, even if only 10 others fit in the squad

I agree entirely about sections of the crowd being an embarrassment. The cheering when Brown went off was nothing short of pathetic, every bit as bad as Taylor being applauded last week. I saw the look on Lamberts face when it happened and he was visibly shocked. I didn't expect tumultuous applause but the cheering didn't help anything.

The win is most welcome after what was generally a poor performance and more important than how we played. Most of the pre match talk was about winning and that is what we did.

Archived