BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons At Home

Surprised that no-one has mentioned how well Grimes played, he certainly made a difference when he came on.

Comfortable in possession, plays with his head up, was always looking to play positively and didn't shirk the ugly side of the game. I liked what I saw.

Yeah thought he was terrific - never afraid to pass forward even if it meant losing the ball

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely cringeworthy stuff today regarding the crowd and Brown. He was woeful but was essentially bullied off the pitch by our fans. The worst kind of entitled, embarrassing 'supporter' behaviour imaginable.

Bullied off the pitch by the fans. I've heard it all now.

Football used to be a mans game.

Surprised that no-one has mentioned how well Grimes played, he certainly made a difference when he came on.

Comfortable in possession, plays with his head up, was always looking to play positively and didn't shirk the ugly side of the game. I liked what I saw.

His ball in for the Bennett offside header was sublime.

My take, the first half was dreadful, as bad as the second half against Hull.

Don't know why Gomez was wide right, as soon as he came into the middle, we were a different team.

Yes, we need a right back, Marshall must be allowed to play in his best position.

Spurr was crap first half, yet seemed to transform second.

Henley is shot of confidence.

Enjoyed Grimes cameo today.

No, I'm not a fan of Brown, he was at best woeful. No, didn't cheer or boo him, wouldn't do it, but I blame PL for playing him above others tbh.

Great to get a win. Hope Ben is fit for next Saturday, and that we don't do a first half at all - manager needs to get them fired up for Tuesday & Saturday.

At one point today at 0-0 we had the ball on the halfway line and were closed down, Spurr went back to Hanley and kept the ball, the crowd booed, astounding stuff after that it seemed any misplaced pass was greeted with the same for a good while.

Remember that but I'm pretty sure the booing was because Spurr had no options in front of him because there was no movement. Certainly those around me were incensed at how static and disinterested we were.

Not his fault he is paid silly money Stuart. He was offered that and took it - who wouldn't.

Not sure what your point is? That Rovers fans should be happy with Brown and accept him being crap because Rovers gave him a contract?

Not sure what your point is? That Rovers fans should be happy with Brown and accept him being crap because Rovers gave him a contract?

My point is that his earnings are not commensurate with his ability but that is not his fault. And it was in response to an earlier post when his wages were referenced as some justification for giving him abuse.

I see no justification for doing what some 'fans' did. If you think it is acceptable then that is your opinion and clearly you are not on your own but in my opinion it was embarrassing for the club.

I don't see what his earnings have anything to do with it.

No justification? The fans are embarrassed, these are people who pay to watch their club and are free to express their views however they see fit and they're not happy with standard of footballer currently at Ewood... Include me in that. I wouldn't react that way my self but I understand those that do react that way and you could argue that fans sitting there being quiet and passionless about some of the dross we have in our squad would be even worse of a reaction... At least it shows the manager a certain standard of player the fans find unacceptable. Wether me or you agree with it is totally irrelevant because it's happened before, it happened today and it will happen again. Think folk are making far too much of it.

My point is that his earnings are not commensurate with his ability but that is not his fault. And it was in response to an earlier post when his wages were referenced as some justification for giving him abuse.

There's no justification for abusing one of your own players. But if Lambert is determined to play him and fans can see that he isn't good enough, the only alternative to verbalising that dissatisfaction is to stop attending games. Players will always be told by fans if they aren't good enough. In recent times there seems to have been a culture of accepting mediocrity. It's one of the first things that Lambert himself pointed out when he join, yet he seems to be ok doing the same for certain positions. Maybe it's a lack of strength in depth that is forcing his arm, e.g. Brown and Henley (as rb), but it certainly isn't to be accepted.

Brown's performance against Fulham was rightly lauded, his lack of performance today was greeted with the opposite reaction. Fans pay their hard earned cash (£22 today?). I reckon they will expect a bit more for their money than watching Brown ball-watch. When Lambert finally acquiesced, they certainly got a value for money finish. Would that have been the case without the (unjustifiable, granted) reaction?

Was just speaking to my dad, he made the point that the football is that bad and the fans are so miffed that its like an outlet for them to have a modicum of fun and let out some frustration... Which I suppose it is.

There must be a reason why Lambert plays Brown ahead of others. Maybe it's the professional attitude he has above others or a technical reason like he wants to rough opposition up before introducing more skill. Whatever the reason Brown isn't scoring and as far as today goes he didn't do much. Fans are always going to have a go at poor players. We pay for entertainment.

Whether this robs off on other players I don't known. Read earlier someone posted about Graham not celebrating with the team and when whistle went he was straight off.

Anyway 3 2 means 3 points. We are now in for a nervous week. Let's beat the team down the road and move further up that league!!

The changing point for me, was Evans going off injured, Lenihan did a much better job of the DM role, broke up a few attack and immediately looked for a forward ball.

Also allowed Gomez to come inside, where he was influential, as was Bennett in a wider role.

As for the ref, that was an awful performance.

Not sure how you can jeer someone for a lack of ability. That seems especially crass and mean-spirited to me. It's not like Brown's fluffing chances on purpose, he's simply not up to the task required of him, but that's the manager's responsibility for putting him in the firing line.

Absolutely cringeworthy stuff today regarding the crowd and Brown. He was woeful but was essentially bullied off the pitch by our fans. The worst kind of entitled, embarrassing 'supporter' behaviour imaginable.

There has been a drastic shift in what people consider to be bullying these days.

I'd say the crowd greeted his substitution with patronisation. He had a poor game, it wasn't nice to hear but in all truth, if I was on at least ten grand a week I'd be more than happy for a load of scroats (who can probably only dream of a twenty grand a year job) have a laugh at my expense.

What a strange game that was.

A very poor performance and yet we missed half a dozen easy chances and scored three.

Gomez winning us the points at the death with the only bit of quality of the whole game.

The BBE chanting 'off, off, off' after Browns bad tackle, I found it funny, at least the fans haven't lost their sense of humour. Yet.

Frozen through but pleased at the three points.

There has been a drastic shift in what people consider to be bullying these days.

I'd say the crowd greeted his substitution with patronisation. He had a poor game, it wasn't nice to hear but in all truth, if I was on at least ten grand a week I'd be more than happy for a load of scroats (who can probably only dream of a twenty grand a year job) have a laugh at my expense.

That's one point of view but personally I can think of far worse adjectives to describe 2/3/4000 (or whatever) people rounding on one person for being unintentionally bad at their job.

very pleased with today's win.

Thought we were the better team but we didn't play well enough 1st half but at the end of the day we got the 3 points.

Rovers looked better when Lambert change tactics at the start of the second half from 4-4-2 with Gomez on the right and Bennett on the left(1st half) to the diamond shape midfield with Bennett in the hole.

I thought Graham's movement was good and he deserve a goal today.

But Gomez free kick was outstanding and he is deffo a player we should be looking to sign perm in the summer.

Henley was awful and I really hope he didn't play much and we sell him come the summer

Archived