BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goal Of The Season 15/16

Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Rovers have shortlisted our 8 finest strikes of the season (to date).

Couple of worm burners, pea-rollers, free kicks and the only one that comes remotely close to winning in my book is a left footed rocket from a seemingly unlikely boot.

In reality, a fairly poor crop of goals (hey they all count). Long gone are the days of Gamst rifling home from some obscure angle or Tugay creaming one in from 30 yards.

This is what's left. Enjoy?

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/goal-of-the-season-2015-16-3060605.aspx

Fairly poor fayre for another season. The only ones that stick out are Gomez' free kick and Duffy's goal. Not for their quality but the timing. Gomez' goal against MK Dons may have been what ultimately kept us up.

They might as well have called it the second half of the season goal of the season if not for the one exception.

By the way is this subject to change if someone scores the goal of the century in next 3 games?

I saw the goal of the century last century. Certainly the last forty years of it. It was a Bryan Douglas special.

It's childish how they didn't include Rhodes' against QPR, just because he's left the club. And Conway vs Leeds is in there, what???

Gotta be Gomez's free kick anyway, the goal that may well have been the difference between survival and relegation

It's childish how they didn't include Rhodes' against QPR, just because he's left the club. And Conway vs Leeds is in there, what???

Gotta be Gomez's free kick anyway, the goal that may well have been the difference between survival and relegation

Rhodes's goal was good.

Conway's goal was good team move

By the way is this subject to change if someone scores the goal of the century in next 3 games?

I bet it will be Brownie

I saw the goal of the century last century. Certainly the last forty years of it. It was a Bryan Douglas special.

Was that the one against West Brom at Ewood where he cut in from the left and the Baggies' defence expected him to pass but he beat another two in the penalty area and scored?

Archived