BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

During the Wigan relegation game protesting became more organic. The talking and posturing stopped, anger took over and almost all the stadium to a man, woman and child wanted Venkys out, or at least sang 'We want Venkys out'

Fans got on the pitch, tennis balls got chucked and for once in the whole sorry saga we seemed as one.

Where did it get us? Nowhere is the answer, but my god it felt good to let that frustration out. We made front page headlines locally and back page headlines nationally, the sort of publicity Venkys want to avoid, the reason they've been hiding in the shadows, that share price is important.

We have another opportunity to create a toxic atmosphere against Reading, you don't have to get permission from the people sat around you, you don't have to sit next to them again for 4 months, if ever! But what you do need to do is send a message to the people that have destroyed all Jack Walkers good work, destroyed businesses, destroyed families in some cases.

We deserve better, the club deserves better and the town deserves better.

Venkys Out!

23k home fans on that night though. Likely to be about 9k on v Reading scattered around the ground so not the same impact. No excuse for not trying of course but I'm not sure how many of those left have it in them.

a lot of Prem fans in v Wigan who were probably more angry that Prem football was going away than they were at the actual V's and destruction of the club from within. They're long gone and were always going to bail.

Sadly you've only got to look around social media to see those of us left are pretty split still despite this latest farce. Excuses everywhere with people genuinely thinking they're going to cough up big money to a new gaffer. The overwhelming evidence of the last 5 and a half years still doesn't register with a lot of 'super fans'.

Ridiculous but Rovers have always had the oddest fanbase in English football and I mean that 100%. It goes way way back, speak to 80 odd year olds born and bred in Lancashire and they'll say the same thing !

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed.

I was amazed looking at social media on how many fans simply focused on Lambert:

'he wus crap anyways' 'football were s***e' and so on.

No mention at all on the complete disaster that has befallen us these last few years.

The sad reality is venkys don't take notice of protests - history shows that.

What they won't like is any bad publicity in India. Their shares over there have taken a battering. So any bad publicity over there could damage them further.

Finding ways to get bad publicity in India is the best route - mass letters to the Indian press from Rovers supporters etc. Condemning Venkys running of the club.

I for one want a protest to result in 'match abandoned'. Its the only way to shame the owners.

Or throw a piglet on the pitch

Like it or not, if we can get the media on side then we'll have much more impact. If we don't, it'll be like the K**n protests, we'll get slated and the V's can ignore us as a bunch of troublemakers. Not saying its easy though.

I for one want a protest to result in 'match abandoned'. Its the only way to shame the owners.

Or throw a piglet on the pitch

Which would result in arrests.

Rovers fans being labeled as thugs etc.

Venky's need to be hurt in there own backyard.

Bad publicity in India is the only idea I have at the moment.

If it is possible to get fans, local media, MP etc on board with a letter campaign to local media in India.

Collective letters from all laying out fans concerns.

Not just in India, but here as well.

NO football club should have to put up with bad ownership (apart from Burnley)

Instead of giving the media a reason to condemn Rovers supporters. get the media on side.

Get fans from other clubs on board also.

What is happening at Rovers could happen to any club.

Done right, we would gain support from all over.

Which may prompt the Government etc, football league to step in (unlikely, but worth trying)

But any fan putting themselves at risk of arrest etc for these morons, is not the right way.

Take the moral high ground and don't sink to the venky gutter level.

Does no-one else fancy a trip to India?

No but I would contribute to a crowdfund for others to go as soon as financially possible.

Which would result in arrests.

Rovers fans being labeled as thugs etc.

Venky's need to be hurt in there own backyard.

Bad publicity in India is the only idea I have at the moment.

If it is possible to get fans, local media, MP etc on board with a letter campaign to local media in India.

Collective letters from all laying out fans concerns.

Not just in India, but here as well.

NO football club should have to put up with bad ownership (apart from Burnley)

Instead of giving the media a reason to condemn Rovers supporters. get the media on side.

Get fans from other clubs on board also.

What is happening at Rovers could happen to any club.

Done right, we would gain support from all over.

Which may prompt the Government etc, football league to step in (unlikely, but worth trying)

But any fan putting themselves at risk of arrest etc for these morons, is not the right way.

Take the moral high ground and don't sink to the venky gutter level.

Its war PAFELL.

People on that facebook group now sending postcards to VH group India with a few choice words on them. Not a bad idea really, they'll go straight in the bin over there but every little helps I suppose. If enough keep getting sent they'll begin to get the gist of it over there maybe.

If enough get sent though it will at least cause them a bit of embarrassment in their own office. Might make them act a bit quicker although not sure how they'll act but it's too late now I would imagine a few hundred are on their way.

Can see it now though in 6 months time if we are further in the mire 'it was those postcards fault' !

Venky`s(India)Limited

Vekateshwara House

Sinhagad Road

Pune

Maharashtra 411030

India.

If 10,000 fans sent a postcard to the above address with the words "Please speak to us" or other similar comments then they have to take some notice surely.

Ive suggested a postcard as letters can remain unopened. Perhaps the postcards could be Rovers themed or possibly of the town itself.

My postcard is on its way from Cornwall.

A couple of hours after posting the above and looking out of my lounge window reflecting on yet another rubbish day in the life of a Rovers fan, who should I see crossing Looe bridge but a jogger; but what caught my attention was the fact that he was wearing a Rovers shirt. What made his impact even greater was it was the first time I`d seen a Rovers shirt in Cornwall let alone Looe in the 4 years we`ve been here.

At the precise moment I was feeling down his wearing of the shirt made me realise even more that any individual can make a difference whether by a protest or a gesture of support for the club.

So I repeat my post about sending a postcard to the Venkys in India; let`s call it the "Postcard to Pune" campaign! It`s simple,non-aggressive and could be very effective if gets them to engage with us. At least it`s worth a try? My card read "Please speak to us!"

The card was 10p and the airmail stamp was £1.05; the best £1.15 you`ll spend this weekend!

ALTHOUGH EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. Try to resist sending abuse, although they deserve it.

Keep the moral high ground. Do not sink to the undignified behaviour of the Venky's.

Leeds, Blackpool, Villa and Rovers supporters, to name just a few, would all agree that the fit and proper owners test is not fit for purpose.

Supporters of clubs who have experienced bad ownership need to band together to have the fit and proper owners test re - assessed.

History has shown it, to be unfit for purpose. All these bad owners, LEGALLY have not done anything wrong. They have operated within the rules and regulations.

The fact that these owners can be allowed, without intervention from government, Prem, FL etc etc, to run clubs in a bad way. Shows that the fit and proper owners test is failing clubs and their supporters.

I suggest what Rovers supporters need to do, as I mentioned earlier is to embarrass venky's in the Indian media.

Let them know what Venky's are doing in the UK.

Get supporters from other clubs to band together to get the fit and proper owners test re- looked at.

A couple of hours after posting the above and looking out of my lounge window reflecting on yet another rubbish day in the life of a Rovers fan, who should I see crossing Looe bridge but a jogger; but what caught my attention was the fact that he was wearing a Rovers shirt. What made his impact even greater was it was the first time I`d seen a Rovers shirt in Cornwall let alone Looe in the 4 years we`ve been here.

At the precise moment I was feeling down his wearing of the shirt made me realise even more that any individual can make a difference whether by a protest or a gesture of support for the club.

So I repeat my post about sending a postcard to the Venkys in India; let`s call it the "Postcard to Pune" campaign! It`s simple,non-aggressive and could be very effective if gets them to engage with us. At least it`s worth a try? My card read "Please speak to us!"

The card was 10p and the airmail stamp was £1.05; the best £1.15 you`ll spend this weekend!

My wife travels up from East Sussex for every match at Ewood Park

She has not missed a match all season.

She is proud to wear her Rovers shirt wherever she goes.

As you imply, every little bit an individual can do, can say a lot.

There is an online petition, it will do no good but I've signed it.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/venkys-out

SIGNED

Venky`s(India)Limited

Vekateshwara House

Sinhagad Road

Pune

Maharashtra 411030

India.

If 10,000 fans sent a postcard to the above address with the words "Please speak to us" or other similar comments then they have to take some notice surely.

Ive suggested a postcard as letters can remain unopened. Perhaps the postcards could be Rovers themed or possibly of the town itself.

My postcard is on its way from Cornwall.

The person who sorts the post will be instructed to bin them. Think about it......save your money.

Get some publicity for the "postcard to India" campaign.....spread it to LET, Rovers Trust members etc etc

Well I've tweeted it and it would be nice if it got trending sometime this evening :)

The person who sorts the post will be instructed to bin them. Think about it......save your money.

It's going to cost about a quid.......DO IT.

Archived