BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Backroom

lets all get vuvezelas and just annoy everyone, it won't help but it might be fun.

Seriously I'm not sure what we can do at a game to get their attention it's going to take something more direct and inventive which is why I mentioned the poultry convention in India.

Takes a lot more effort though

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planes, postcards, press adverts? Expensive and ineffective. Tomorrow's chip wrappings.

Personally I'd base any campaign wholly on the advantages afforded by ICT and use the Internet, e-communication and social media, as a central conduit to a focused, targeted and lasting campaign, generating natural momentum through the thousands and thousands of stakeholders at Rovers and in the wider footballing world. Unite the fans electronically and bridge the distance to Cuckoo Towers in Pune. Cheaply. I believe one of the action groups had 8000 email addresses. I'd start there. And get a friendly staff member to get me the Rovers current mailing lists.

But to what purpose? To achieve what? A campaign of negotiation to facilitate communication and change? As if. A campaign of anger and derision to aid removal? A campaign of humiliation to embarrass? It's all pish and tish without the juice to buy the club anyway.

One thing is for sure, the attempts to form any meaningful protest last time were well meaning but amateurish. I was genuinely embarrassed shouting Kean Out on a Saturday afternoon upsetting local residents. It's 2016. There's no need to fly to Pune. Make a stink from here.

Areallindiansthisstupid.com written across both languages should get a bit of interest here and over there. Consistent with facebook and twitter. Mockthevenkies.com Embarrass. Derise. Hurt their brand. That's what I would try as it could be co-ordinated relatively cheaply and have immediate impact and ongoing effect.

Lovetherovershatevenkies.com

Stupid@#/?ingcunts.com

It's all pi$$ in the wind. Nothing will happen. Apart from a tiny minority, Rovers just don't have the hardcore support to take the fight to Venkys. Despite Uncle Jack's best efforts, there's still this small-time mindset ingrained into the culture of the club and its supporters. As long as there's a team to watch on Saturday afternoon it'll be reet.

It's all pi$$ in the wind. Nothing will happen. Apart from a tiny minority, Rovers just don't have the hardcore support to take the fight to Venkys. Despite Uncle Jack's best efforts, there's still this small-time mindset ingrained into the culture of the club and its supporters. As long as there's a team to watch on Saturday afternoon things it'll be reet.

Erm...I think I've suggested that is a problem once or twice. ;)

Run a poll, pick 1 idea, and go with it. Pontificating over the relative merits of the protests in the end stop them becoming effective.

Every idea has some merit, and some weaknesses. We just need to pick one and run with it, theres no reason why others can't also run others at the same time, but to get this up and running and with the numbers needed to organise, publicise etc, just focus on one idea first.

lets all get vuvezelas and just annoy everyone, it won't help but it might be fun.

Seriously I'm not sure what we can do at a game to get their attention it's going to take something more direct and inventive which is why I mentioned the poultry convention in India.

Takes a lot more effort though

Vuvuzelas are great fun. I use it on the neighbours all the time :D

I don't have the right to tell people what to do, but wouldn't it make sense to not attend the last 2 games. Ie send out notices to all fans planning to attend to not attend. the home game especially, or buy a ticket, but don't go in. Wait for about 20 mins, and everybody move in as one in protest.

Gavs hit the nail on the head:

No manager

No chairman

No ceo

No boardroom

No groundsman

No players

No competent owners

Massive debt

Dwindling fanbase.

What the hell can we do.

I'm still so angry but with our absentee owners I don't know where or how to focus my anger. In a way Blackpool fans are lucky oyston lives locally and goes to games he hears and suffers their abuse. Ours, well do they even remember they still own a football club.

Part of me wants to go to that final home game run on to the pitch (with others and not some lone nut) stop the game, or if owners watched games ticket in jw upper and punch one in the face (even that woman one) etc. But the other part of me wants to just walk away totally wash my hands of the club. So conflicted. So angry. So resigned to clubs future extinction.

Get this dog to Ewood. He/she can save us

A Copa Libertadores match between Deportivo Tachira and Pumas in Venezuela had to be temporarily halted after the pitch was invaded by possibly the world’s happiest dog.

Players on both teams couldn’t help but smile as the dog leaped around the pitch, running from man to man and trying to chase the ball.

After taking aim at Pumas goalkeeper Alejandro Palacios, the hound teased the Mexican before evading his grasp as he tried to grab hold of it, with the match held up for minutes while the dog wreaked havoc.

https://youtu.be/cqNn_ypkgow

will resort back to my original idea back when we should of protested properly.. everyone should bomb the pitch with rubber chickens (nice and easy to hide I would imagine), need news articles to get the message over and more importantly need to get the message to Venkys..... they have to lose face with something that even in India will be obvious.. the chicken in a blackburn scarf still resonates with fans of all clubs even here in sunny Norfolk.

Let's face it, there won't be any protests of any substance.

Looking back to 2011, when I told those around me that I'd been on a march, I got dogs abuse and almost came to blows with one fella.

'Support the club' I was told, not seeing that I was the one attempting to do just that (irony being of course, that half of those fans have now long stopped supporting).

Would 2016 be any different? I don't think so:

'What's the alternative? They are the one's paying the bills!'

During the Wigan relegation game protesting became more organic. The talking and posturing stopped, anger took over and almost all the stadium to a man, woman and child wanted Venkys out, or at least sang 'We want Venkys out'

Fans got on the pitch, tennis balls got chucked and for once in the whole sorry saga we seemed as one.

Where did it get us? Nowhere is the answer, but my god it felt good to let that frustration out. We made front page headlines locally and back page headlines nationally, the sort of publicity Venkys want to avoid, the reason they've been hiding in the shadows, that share price is important.

We have another opportunity to create a toxic atmosphere against Reading, you don't have to get permission from the people sat around you, you don't have to sit next to them again for 4 months, if ever! But what you do need to do is send a message to the people that have destroyed all Jack Walkers good work, destroyed businesses, destroyed families in some cases.

We deserve better, the club deserves better and the town deserves better.

Venkys Out!

A co-ordinated phone in to Talk Sport is an excellent idea. Clever use of the t’internet like spamming the life out of them (to go with their @#/? chicken) through denial-of-service attacks is what other protest movements have done.

I’d maybe even accept the Dingles winning something if it meant getting rid of these cowboys. They are a disgrace to all Indians. I hate what they are doing to our community even more than my contempt for the Yorkshire inbreads so change Burnley to Venkys in EVERY song we sing

What do you think of Venkys… Venkys @#/?s, @#/? and @#/? Fannys

If I had the wings of an eagle… I’d fly over Venkys tomorrow...

We hate Venkys and we hate Venkys….

Alley Alley O Blackburn Rovers FC we fookin hate Venkys

etc…

Meanwhile those with power in our town (the local paper, radio, Council, employers, etc.) can obviously achieve far more than us normal fans, so they need to start showing their support for their community before it dies.

WTF.

I for one want a protest to result in 'match abandoned'. Its the only way to shame the owners.

Or throw a piglet on the pitch

To shame these morons with any protest it needs to be something that will attract global publicity. Anything less just will not reach India and will not hurt them. I think that getting a match abandoned or even suspended with the players on and off could go global. And the reality is we only have one real shot at this in the Reading game. But most importantly it needs several hundred to do this. Anybody who cares should want to be part of this.

Archived