BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

Boycott home games but attend away games.

Refuse to buy Season Tickets but make every away game a sell out. Nothing will shout louder to the Venky Scum than hitting them in the pocket and you can't ignore empty seats at every home game.

In contrast we make every away game an event, sell out every away end and give full vociferous backing to the team, This will demonstrate our support for them team and show we haven't gone away.

Simple but effective.

Brilliant, I support this.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun...

now thanks to whoever is making decisions at OUR TOWN'S club, instead of having Burnley on the run,

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun

But the joy didnt last coz the @#/?s took Jack's cash

The protest is simple - action from everybody.

the LET (I know it's not called that any more) but if it gives a @#/? about its readership, it will start doing something.

the Council (I know it’s called Capita these days) but if it gives a @#/? about the people who vote for them, it will start doing something.

the People who make money out of Blackburn (how many more examples do you need of when a club is @#/?, so is a town) you need to do something.

Radio Lancs, Radio Rovers, the pre match DJ at Ewood (the one who thinks playing Coldplay just before the team comes out is a good way to inspire Fortress Ewood) if you give a @#/? about your punters - play Terry Jacks on a loop and we can all commit harry carrie in the middle of the pitch.

Blackburn musicians - record Terry Jacks and get it to number one in the hit parade.

Anybody else I haven’t thought of.

The protest is simple. It's WTF. No board, manager, no-one telling us what's going on.

Shame we won’t have enough fans on v Reading to spell WTF.

Shame on us all if we just let this happen.

Suicide on us all if we listen to Terry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tPcc1ftj8E

WTF

We are on the same wavelength Gav but like you say are others...the passive ones?

If fans will tolerate this then I believe it's the beginning of the end for this famous old club.

I'm not being passive, I just disagree with all this. Its pointless, we've lost the source of 90% of our revenue (Premier League TV money) so are now a white elephant and a total no-brainer for anyone with money who has any business sense. There's no reason for anyone to buy us and no reason for anyone to fund a promotion push if they do buy us.

Believe me when we had something to lose I was all for doing something. I constantly championed Allardyce, saying our PL safety was paramount above all else whilst swathes of fans moaned about hoofball and came out with moronic statements like "I'd rather watch good football in the Championship that **** football in the Premiership". And I was also there protesting in the Blackburn End in the early days of Kean with about 500 others whilst the other 22,000 or so in the ground naffed off home to watch the X-Factor (or actually criticised protestors for not supporting the team).

Well the penny has finally dropped with many it seems. Getting rid of "Fat Sam" and hoofball didn't usher in a the next coming of Hughes. Gary Bowyer didn't eventually get his act together despite being given time and being a grand lad with the club at heart. So now everyone's ready to protest. Only its 5 years past the date when it actually could have made any difference.

It will also be a way of staying in touch with the football instead of just walking away, which I am very close to doing.

As are many.

Yep, we still support the team we love, along with the players, but send a clear message we will not put a foot in Ewood until the V's bog off.

I'm not being passive, I just disagree with all this. Its pointless, we've lost the source of 90% of our revenue (Premier League TV money) so are now a white elephant and a total no-brainer for anyone with money who has any business sense. There's no reason for anyone to buy us and no reason for anyone to fund a promotion push if they do buy us.

Believe me when we had something to lose I was all for doing something. I constantly championed Allardyce, saying our PL safety was paramount above all else whilst swathes of fans moaned about hoofball and came out with moronic statements like "I'd rather watch good football in the Championship that **** football in the Premiership". And I was also there protesting in the Blackburn End in the early days of Kean with about 500 others whilst the other 22,000 or so in the ground naffed off home to watch the X-Factor (or actually criticised protestors for not supporting the team).

Well the penny has finally dropped with many it seems. Getting rid of "Fat Sam" and hoofball didn't usher in a the next coming of Hughes. Gary Bowyer didn't eventually get his act together despite being given time and being a grand lad with the club at heart. So now everyone's ready to protest. Only its 5 years past the date when it actually could have made any difference.

Allardyce this, Allardyce that, you should get out more that was 5yrs ago.

Move on FFS

Get at least 100 fans (on here, twitter, wherever, etc) promise to get down to Ewood TONIGHT and I will be one of those there. Otherwise why the hell should I go down and do something again on my own?

I've already said I'll do my best to put some money towards crowdfunding particularly something read/seen in Pune. Hardly anyone else would name a figure would they?

Allardyce this, Allardyce that, you should get out more that was 5yrs ago.

Move on FFS

It remains the single biggest reason for us being where we are. Its far more important than hiring Kean, Berg, Appleton or Bowyer. More important than Lambert leaving. Even more important than Williams being forced out.

We had a manager who never gets relegated (as I'm sure he'll prove even from the totally screwed situation Sunderland were in when he took over). PL survival is absolutely essential for the financial power of a club with a miniscule fanbase like Rovers, and we sacked him. The single worst decision in the history of the club. You just don't like me mentioning it because you're one of the fans that supported it.

With no practical solution, this thread is just one long temper tantrum that will do absolutely nothing. What can it do? Make Venkys throw money at the club? Make them magically find a buyer? That's an idea actually, instead of everyone writing to Venkys saying give us money, how about everyone goes on the hunt for someone who wants to buy Blackburn Rovers. Write to every wealthy individual/business in the UK persuading them to make Venkys an offer. Although god knows what the argument will be.

I like the idea of a boycott symbolically but do you really think it will 'hit them in the pocket'? Surely the real debt has come with the hundred-odd million they've weed up the wall...

In the scheme of things no. But it won't help them and I guess as supporters thats all we've got.

But yes, its mostly symbolic, but the symbolism is probably a more potent tool. The total contrast of swathes of empty seats at Ewood, while we make every away game an event and celebration of everything Rovers would be something the media would pick up on.

I'm sure Man City fans did something similar years ago when they were crap and had a beef with The Board.

But lets face it, we haven't got many options, and doing nothing isn't one of them anymore.

:brfc:

So so sad. The protests seem to be the only thing that Rovers fans are enthused about these days. What a sorry state.

For all those posting about what to do on the last game at Ewood, I'd suggest that you don't broadcast it on a public forum, or it'll be stamped on before it starts. We can already expect double stewarding around the pitch.

The Action Group and/or Fans Forum need an urgent meeting with whomever purports to run the club at this moment to understand what the club's plan is. It clearly isn't to try to put right their mistakes, but just how bad is it going to get.

There is a lot of pent up frustration which will now be channelled. Things could get very ugly on the last day.

In the scheme of things no. But it won't help them and I guess as supporters thats all we've got.

But yes, its mostly symbolic, but the symbolism is probably a more potent tool. The total contrast of swathes of empty seats at Ewood, while we make every away game an event and celebration of everything Rovers would be something the media would pick up on.

I'm sure Man City fans did something similar years ago when they were crap and had a beef with The Board.

But lets face it, we haven't got many options, and doing nothing isn't one of them anymore.

:brfc:

I'm sure that was for an Auto Windscreens Shield fixture against Mansfield. If it had been a league game very much doubt such a boycott would have worked.

So so sad. The protests seem to be the only thing that Rovers fans are enthused about these days. What a sorry state.

For all those posting about what to do on the last game at Ewood, I'd suggest that you don't broadcast it on a public forum, or it'll be stamped on before it starts. We can already expect double stewarding around the pitch.

The Action Group and/or Fans Forum need an urgent meeting with whomever purports to run the club at this moment to understand what the club's plan is. It clearly isn't to try to put right their mistakes, but just how bad is it going to get.

There is a lot of pent up frustration which will now be channelled. Things could get very ugly on the last day.

Hope so. I agree with a private forum or chatbox too but only with a select few.

I've said it before, go to the stadium but don't enter.. Thousands outside, every home game....

This would work over a longer period of time. Imagine half a season and home stadia are empty. But for this to work, absolutely NO ONE should enter the stadium. The press will try and play the supporters are bad card, but stick to it long enough and it should at least get a good amount of attention.

• Backroom

Rovers vs Reading, everyone on the pitch 5 minutes before kick off. Dont let the game start. That will get people talking.

I was going to miss this game in favour of Stanley but if we're going to protest (properly) count me in.

It remains the single biggest reason for us being where we are. Its far more important than hiring Kean, Berg, Appleton or Bowyer. More important than Lambert leaving. Even more important than Williams being forced out.

We had a manager who never gets relegated (as I'm sure he'll prove even from the totally screwed situation Sunderland were in when he took over). PL survival is absolutely essential for the financial power of a club with a miniscule fanbase like Rovers, and we sacked him. The single worst decision in the history of the club. You just don't like me mentioning it because you're one of the fans that supported it.

With no practical solution, this thread is just one long temper tantrum that will do absolutely nothing. What can it do? Make Venkys throw money at the club? Make them magically find a buyer? That's an idea actually, instead of everyone writing to Venkys saying give us money, how about everyone goes on the hunt for someone who wants to buy Blackburn Rovers. Write to every wealthy individual/business in the UK persuading them to make Venkys an offer. Although god knows what the argument will be.

You comment on pitch invasions being pointless and then manage to pull Sunderlands manager into the equation.

You looked for a reaction and got one, try getting out of your comfortable chair and actually do something, that may put Allardyces departure behind you.

You comment on pitch invasions being pointless and then manage to pull Sunderlands manager into the equation.

You looked for a reaction and got one, try getting out of your comfortable chair and actually do something, that may put Allardyces departure behind you.

I didn't look for a reaction, I replied to a poster wondering what was going on with all these "passive" fans and said some, like me, aren't passive and just think the horse bolted years ago and is halfway to Timbuktu by now. I'll happily let everyone get on with planning the protests again now.

As I said I've already done my protesting back when it could have achieved something. Most other fans did nothing then, I'll return the favour and do nothing now. As I said, because there is nothing to be done.

• Backroom

There's a lot to be done. I've already said if 100 fans at least promise to go down to Ewood TONIGHT I'll join them.

No response after people told me to do something. Well that's what I'm offering imminently take it or leave it.

What good would that do? There will be nobody there?

I didn't look for a reaction, I replied to a poster wondering what was going on with all these "passive" fans and said some, like me, aren't passive and just think the horse bolted years ago and is halfway to Timbuktu by now. I'll happily let everyone get on with planning the protests again now.

As I said I've already done my protesting back when it could have achieved something. Most other fans did nothing then, I'll return the favour and do nothing now. As I said, because there is nothing to be done.

That's not how protest works, if you feel an injustice has taken place that's impacted on your life stand up for yourself, don't spout on about Allardyce and sound like a petulant child, they did nowt, so I'll do nowt......

I stood side by side with you in the early days and I'm more determined than before to vent my spleen this time around, you should do the same.

I said IF Madon IF and its not like I'm expecting people to actually volunteer. Just saying if they make that commitment I'll go down and join them. Otherwise I'm not doing a damn thing until either the Reading game or contributing to a future crowdfund.

That would be the only thing to be noticed. Protests will not get reported on because theres that many of them nowadays, Charlton has a chance because of the fact it involves that lot probably going up.

As somebody who iI think has been seen criticise those for trying to talk to the club in the past, do you think more meetings will resolve it ? I really don't see any semblance of a plan anywhere. We've talked and talked and heard all sort of promises, Its as pointless as protesting.

Archived