BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Backroom

The subject matter isn't light relief but the way Vinjay handled it demanding that any post that didn't agree was removed etc lead to it going off topic I think

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logically there can only be 2 reasons. Either they have no money to spend or they do not want to give that money to Lambert. So. I would not rule this out as well.

I also wouldn't rule out they don't know what to do with the club or how to exit it

There confused 😕 as logic and Venkys don't go together

• Moderation Lead

so Blackburn rovers future is light relief...as long we know its good to take every thread off track.

Interesting you say that Abbey, yet you say BRFCC is now 'humour free', this thread puts that to bed somewhat wouldn't you say? ;)

I honestly don't think a thread discussing potential protests is a place for humour to be honest . Venkyscum read this and a certain poster will pass everything back and they will be cocking themselves laughing thinking everyone is good because it's a joke.

I got pms off mods and posts deleted for going off topic but hey ho . One rule for one & all that (cue victim trolling )

• Moderation Lead

I honestly don't think a thread discussing potential protests is a place for humour to be honest . Venkyscum read this and a certain poster will pass everything back and they will be cocking themselves laughing thinking everyone is good because it's a joke.

I got pms off mods and posts deleted for going off topic but hey ho . One rule for one & all that (cue victim trolling )

It really isn't like that at all. As Mike said, things had probably been a bit serious on here and a bit of humour was needed perhaps. If you don't agree it should be in this thread, then fair enough.

If you want to inject a little levity into proceedings, why not create a separate thread in ICBINF? It explicitly states in the forum guidelines that threads are meant to be kept relevant and on-topic. Openly trivializing what was meant to be a serious evaluation of protest options (be it a futile gesture or not) is double-standards, if you ask me.

Well bitching isn't going to get the thrwad back on topic.

As I've said, my opnion as far as protests n such go, people need to start putting up or.... Instead of just whining at others for not doing anything or taking the subject serious enough, Especially folk like vinjay that started this thread claiming to be deadly serious in wanting something to happen.

So an article in the Indian press, are we up for it or not ????

Very much so but I agree with den, be stupid to take out an advert when Lamberts getting what he wants, how do we find out if that's the case, how long do we wait?

We wont know until the end of the season I think. I believe they will have to make contact with Lambert sooner or later. I personally think it is going to be at the end of the season. They will have to communicate things then either positive or negative. Do not see a way to accelerate that process unfortunately.

Scenario 1: Assume that no funds are available, Lambert is going to know sooner or later. We are safe from relegation so no point in waiting till the end of the season.

Scenario 2: Assume that funds are available but not as much as Lambert is expecting or is promised then he might go, this could be a possible reason to delay in communicating the same.

Scenario 3: Assume that there are funds available but they do not want to provide them to Lambert; this can also be a possible reason for delaying the communication.

I dont see any other way.

Very much so but I agree with den, be stupid to take out an advert when Lamberts getting what he wants, how do we find out if that's the case, how long do we wait?

Perhaps it was some posters that don't wish to see any action taken against Venyky's, for whatever reason, who derailed this thread. I don't know who they are due to me being a new poster. It would be best to just ignore the poll - although for any readers of this forums who don't support BRFC it will certainly be something else for them to laugh at. We can't even keep a topic such as this on track.

No wonder we can't agree on what action to take. :unsure:

I throw my hat in the ring to help with any adverts, letters or such that need drafting. A protest won't do much because the owners aren't there to see. It won't have the desired effect. Quite simply, the letter or advert published in their own newspapers is the best chance we have of catching them off guard.

EDIT: This is if Lambert doesn't get backed of course. I do see the point of it being fruitless to put out an ad if they do actually stick to their word.

Dead easy to take out an advert, you don't need permission from anyone, let alone people on here.

But its good to throw about ideas, and getting wound up over a derailed thread is simply a waste of time and energy, its just a messageboard, all posters/posters should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

That really is the problem, on the one hand we are sick of their ridiculous and plain wrong way of doing things and fingers are on the trigger to do something. Yet on the other we don't want to scupper any plans that they haven't even made yet.

As always they have us and the club by the gonads. Some polite reminder that we are still here wouldn't go a miss though. We need a starting point and basically more than anything right now we need to know their intentions. If they just sanctioned the signing of Graham or gave Marshall a new deal it would be a start.

Not acting on simple things like that leads to the thinking that we are going to go another huge step backwards again.

• Moderation Lead

Out of respect for the OP, the Poll is now gone and I've renamed the thread as I felt it was more relevant. (feel free to change it back Vinjay!).

If people are keen to discuss biscuits (which is perfectly reasonable as they're an important part of British life), then you can have a thread in ICBNIF.

I agree that making this a biscuit thread is pretty bloody stupid. Rovers have enough lemming-like, thick fans without having to derail a thread for people keen to have their voices heard on the ongoing travesty at Ewood.

Totally agree.

Agree with the plane and No 2. But feel that we need to lead on the theme of ' Rovers fans trying to reclaim their Club after 5 years of absentee Owners'.

Need to keep it as the alternative approach....not just a Venkys attack.

I agree that making this a biscuit thread is pretty bloody stupid. Rovers have enough lemming-like, thick fans without having to derail a thread for people keen to have their voices heard on the ongoing travesty at Ewood.

'lemming like' ill agree with(though you will get people like that everywhere) calling them 'thick'/is just wrong though(cos again you'll get them on all sides)

Archived