BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

Protests and walk outs are all well and good but everything now needs to be aimed at them in their back yard imo. Get something in the press in a respectful manner then crank it up if they continue to do nowt, show them we won't go away.

If the recent pattern of ignorance carries on along with more dumbing down and sales then next season the boycott and protests need to start Blackpool style. Can we starve them out ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Charlton fans are a disgrace. It is their fault that CAFC are going down the pan.

They should be shouting for the team not demonstrating.

At least we are lucky to have the nice Venky's putting money into Rovers and keeping us going.

I feel sick.

I think people are now just waiting for the "enough's enough" moment.

For many it will be if/when Lambert walks.

And yet, all it will take is Lambert staying and a few shrewd signings of recognisable players and players 'on the up' and people will rally.

If things carry on as they are then we will soon be passing Stanley on the way down.

The problem with any form of protest is what is the message.

Lets look at this......

1. Can we really protest over papertalk which is in the main guesswork?

2. How about the debt? Problem here most of the debt is an interest free loan from venkys which again paper/messageboard talk suggest is secured on venkys own personal assets, which if true actually has our debt much lower than most clubs.

3. Lack of board of directors making decisions, however this aint completely true , all signings/sales have been recommended by the board/manager since Anderson went and have been in turn funded by Venkys. To date this aint quite worked at too well?

4. Lambert not getting results, but did he not inherit this mess?

5. No statement from owners, but to date every statement has been hammered from all angles

6. Not being promoted, but did we think we would get promoted after being under an embargo for poor spending.

7. Surviving and not being relegated.

8. Sacking Bowyer.

9. For funding club but refusing to sell it.

10. Last 6 years of poor ownership, but have we not done this before and still do with the 50% reduction in home support.

11. Season ticket prices, but they are still one of the cheapest.

Having been someone who has organised protest the first question the press would ask is why???? If the press is not your audience then whats the point?

If its not got a meaningful argument with back up then it will be ignored and we will be portrayed as the guilty party.

Rovers have had a non event season as has lots of other clubs in world football. Some clubs are in a much worse state and some clubs supporters would gladly swap positions.

The foot was taken off the peddle 3 years ago, in that time the opportunity has passed for meaningful change. However since then the likes of Agnew, Singh, Kean, Anderson, Shaw have all gone, which was the rot within killing the club. To actually still have a club is a miracle after their deeds which threatened the clubs existence.

Yes we all want entertaining, Yes we want our team to be successful and Yes we have had our fair share of awful years. However we still have a club and one which has come out the otherside, in a better shape than perhaps it looked during those awful years.

Personally ,I feel it very easy to take gossip as fact when the truth is usually a million miles away from the gossip. At present we are all guessing and guess work is not front page news.

I have read all sorts on twitter, facebook and message boards in last 48 hours. Which in many cases is laughable to say the least. Our supporter base is not all on social media and any action would not be universally welcomed as previous protest proved, despite global exposure.

Im as annoyed , angry and bemused as the next fan. However talk of the masses rising is purely away with the fairies.

We would end up with 50 or 60 baseball cap wearing trouble makers which sadly are growing in numbers at each home game, who have zero interest in the team but turn up to be 50 men with the away support each game. Many dont know what they would be protesting for, but an excuse to cause a disturbence would be open ticket for them.

Is this really what we want to potray ourselves as?

With any protest or action , a mouth piece is needed, but whoever that person is, be aware you will be hated more than you are supported. Talking from experience your whole personal life will be taken to hell and back , as will your families including your children. You will have every accusation and tale thrown your way from people you have never met or people you do not know. If it goes bad, those who claim to support you, will be quick to disappear then claim it was all your doing and take no responsibility for their own actions.

It takes a lot to stand up and be counted, but it takes a hell of a lot more to stay the course and not sell out or forget what you stood up for or whom.

The thing you cannot forget, is once your opinion becomes the message then you become non productive. Most of the time its about the majorities opinion and if you ignore that then you should be nowhere near organising a single thing.

Keeping your dignity is vital too, i.e not getting arrested, not swearing or shouting or losing your cool, not being ejected and certainly not walking around like moses. If you act like a trouble maker, the message will always be that of a trouble maker.

Good luck to who picks up the above, but having been there, lived it, breathed it and witnessed the back stabbing its not a mantle I recommend

A good read Glen, and I agree with the sentiment.

One of the biggest reasons for the current concerns is that Venkys aren't talking to Lambert and nobody knows what is going on. That's not rumour, that's based on what Lambert has been saying when the question has been put to him.

We can all accept a poor season but we need to feel that the owners, board and club are all focussed on giving promotion a good shot next season. This isn't the Premier League where an aim can be survival, that as a target will get you relegated. Anyone can beat anyone in this league and it's the well run clubs with organised and attack-minded teams that are the ones challenging.

At the moment, there is no reassurance that anyone has a clue what is happening, let alone a sense of unity and planning. That is the source of the current unrest. Nothing tangible enough that you can paint on a bed sheet but enough to think 'do I want to put myself through all this again next season?'

Something has to change.

I've always said that a good protest would be for everyone to turn up to a game as usual but to not enter the stadium. 10-12k outside the ground and around Ewood and an empty stadium would bring lots of publicity.

It might be that the owners aren't impressed with the performances and points return of Lambert and they have another real manager lined up. They may not be talking to him because he isn't part of their plans, rather than unwilling to spend.

Who knows? We are all just guessing based on previous craziness.

I've always said that a good protest would be for everyone to turn up to a game as usual but to not enter the stadium. 10-12k outside the ground and around Ewood and an empty stadium would bring lots of publicity.

You can imagine the half interested Sky interviewer.

"So why are you protesting?"

"Well, we think that Venkys might not be putting any money in, and Lambert will probably leave and they'll possibly promote Dunn to manager, and they might walk away and they debt might be against the club but it might not. Oh, it's just a mess. Venkys Out".

"But who will pay the bills if Venkys leave?"

(Looks at shoes) "Dunno"

For me, there needs to be a reason. The dilemma is that by the time we get one it might be too late. Until then any fan demonstration should centre around support for Lambert.

We're getting to the scenario of what do we actually want imo we needed Venky's gone a few years ago when it Was more retrievable

What some us want and the actual reality of the situation are two different scenarios as it's already been stated to run the club in its present form you'll need around 40 million alone to get through the next 2 years and that's on the proviso the club is given away with the debts wiped by Venkys and without a transfer budget.

Or would we prefer to start again and try and gradually work our way back up if possible

but then how far down would we have to go

Some myself included would prefer a Portsmouth type but our finances are a lot worse than Portsmouths were and the running cost of Ewood etc I'd say are a lot higher than Portsmouths were..

So the Portsmouth scenario is probably not viable

I think we're stuck between a rock and a hard stone at the moment

It maybe become clearer this summer but with Venky's record we'll sell Hanley etc and bumble along accumulating even more debt for a while longer keeping us all frustrated

You only have to go to an home game to see why we should be demonstrating, the place is miserable and lifeless(even when we're winning) im actually glad i only go to the occasional game these days and i have nothing but sympathy for anybody that has to sit through 2 hours of that morgue like experience a few times month.

so a thread discussing protest ideas has a poll about fecking biscuits,,,,and admin wonder why there are conspisicy theories .

I know!!! Jaffa cakes are not biscuits.

I'm not sure protests at a match will have a long lasting affect.

The Charlton protest was well organised and effective but got about 2 minutes news coverage. Leaving early, sit ins etc will get some coverage but they have all been done before and they will only work if EVERYONE takes part. A half hearted effort is a waste of time.

Blackpool fans managed to have a match abandoned but it effectively resulted in no progress against the owners.

The chicken against Wigan got great coverage because it was original but I think we would need a whole truck load of chickens to make the news again - especially on the last day of the season when teams are winning promotion and getting relegated so there is loads of actual football news.

I think we need a sustained protest that is ongoing and will stay in the news after the season is finished.

I think everyone should NOT RENEW THEIR SEASON TICKETS. Have a campaign to get everyone on board. Imagine as next season approaches and we have sold NO SEASON TICKETS at all. It would make the papers and the TV news and embarrass Venky's.

Season tickets not even on sale yet so we can start campaigning now. Don't Renew!

so a thread discussing protest ideas has a poll about fecking biscuits,,,,and admin wonder why there are conspisicy theories .

It's funny how you get accused of bullying yet it's ok for Vinjays thread about a serious subject to be turned into a @#/? take by others. Funny old world.

• Backroom

I know! It really takes the biscuit!

I'm glad of the light relief tbqh.

At least someone gets it.

Btw, it's my opinion as a poster to welcome this light relief. The other mods I can't speak for, but the forum has been very heavy going recently.

Btw, it's my opinion as a poster to welcome this light relief. The other mods I can't speak for, but the forum has been very heavy going recently.

Its my opinion as a poster that mods should keep things on topic and not openly take the @#/? by adding stupid polls.

I'm trying to get people to stop wallowing around in misery and encourage some fight. That didn't mean it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. For goodness sake I know what its like to feel sorry for yourself but at some point things have to change. That's what the whole point of the thread was trying to encourage people to pick themselves up and come up with some new ideas. Or do you want to keep hitting a brick wall?

Anyone who wants to go over serious ideas, crowdfunds, etc you can DM me @vinjay01. This is the last time I'll ever suggest any ideas on here again. No wonder I bloody left is it?

I think the protest movement needs to be more "underground" anyway to avoid abuse (like Glen M had) or threads like this turned into nonsense. Not even allowed to delete my own thread absolutely ridiculous.

Logically there can only be 2 reasons. Either they have no money to spend or they do not want to give that money to Lambert. So. I would not rule this out as well.

It might be that the owners aren't impressed with the performances and points return of Lambert and they have another real manager lined up. They may not be talking to him because he isn't part of their plans, rather than unwilling to spend.

Who knows? We are all just guessing based on previous craziness.

Hmmm Charlton fans threw balls on the pitch. Maybe our fans at the game should release a bunch of chickens with a white napkin something tied around its neck.

Then everybody just chant "we surrender you chicken maniacs"

so Blackburn rovers future is light relief...as long we know its good to take every thread off track.

so Blackburn rovers future is light relief...as long we know its good to take every thread off track.

Absolutely not. It's Rovers' future that we need a little temporary light relief from. Cos it's @#/? depressing!

Could be worse if could be a cup of tea poll... ;)

Archived