BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the Wigan relegation game protesting became more organic. The talking and posturing stopped, anger took over and almost all the stadium to a man, woman and child wanted Venkys out, or at least sang 'We want Venkys out'

Fans got on the pitch, tennis balls got chucked and for once in the whole sorry saga we seemed as one.

Where did it get us? Nowhere is the answer, but my god it felt good to let that frustration out. We made front page headlines locally and back page headlines nationally, the sort of publicity Venkys want to avoid, the reason they've been hiding in the shadows, that share price is important.

We have another opportunity to create a toxic atmosphere against Reading, you don't have to get permission from the people sat around you, you don't have to sit next to them again for 4 months, if ever! But what you do need to do is send a message to the people that have destroyed all Jack Walkers good work, destroyed businesses, destroyed families in some cases.

We deserve better, the club deserves better and the town deserves better.

Venkys Out!

Great night, I was in the Blackburn end

Maybe a list of Venky's India ltd shareholders names and addresses next?

A nice little package of documents showing the heads of the company that they have shares in and their dealings with regards to Blackburn Rovers and their project partners.

Trust and honesty is a big thing in India and their reign of terror at Rovers seems to have been allowed to quietly fade in the background, maybe time to give those shareholders of Venky's India Ltd an update.

• Backroom

From the ill fated Pune trip I recall the main newspaper in Pune is called DNA

I have just tweeted them - may be worth trying?

Past glories still alive,

When we watched the blues thrive,

Shearer with the goals,

Anfield 95,

The ground was bustling with fans who would sing,

Smiles on their faces this wasn't just a fling,

Jack Walkers name would be sang aloud,

He won all our hearts with his tears to the crowd

Shearer with the goals,

Anfield 95

Promotion, cup glory and European nights,

Ewood was a fortress bringing so many delights,

Jansen played the drum and Cardiff was lit in blue,

Then friedel made those saves, it was glory and we all knew

Shearer with the goals,

Anfield 95

Feyenord, Leverkusen, Salzburg just to name a few,

Travelling all over Europe, we certainly downed a few,

Chanting favourites names, Tugay, Robbie and Roque,

Relagation in a few years? Now you're talking potty

Shearer with the goals,

Anfield 95

But there it was the club was sold,

In came the new and out went the old,

The fan base dwindled and ewood was an empty shelf,

Quiet and downbeat a shadow of its former self,

Past glories now still remain,

But the fans are feeling the pain,

The pain inflicted by those,

Those who we shall not name

The fans now stick together and see the club through,

As those we shall not mention, they just don't have a clue,

They'll leave us bone dry and ruin jacks dreams,

But then it's down to us, we all know what it means

Our man Balaji got his finger in a few pies

https://www.zaubacorp.com/director/BANDA-BALAJI-RAO/00013551

I was trying to find some footprint of his film business but there's nothing about it anywhere - Bala Entertainments International

http://www.venkys.com/group-profile/bala-entertainment-international-pvt-ltd/

They also backed the Ronaldinho cartoon film a couple of years back

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-12-28/news/36036625_1_atletico-mineiro-fifa-world-cup-animation-movie

Also through Venky's London Limited he invested in Hitlab (one of his buddies Akon's ventures)

http://www.investinindia.com/investmentindia/2011/04/08/venkateshwara-hatcheries-buys-a-stake-in-hitlab-ulc/

Our man Balaji got his finger in a few pies

https://www.zaubacorp.com/director/BANDA-BALAJI-RAO/00013551

I was trying to find some footprint of his film business but there's nothing about it anywhere - Bala Entertainments International

If I was Balaji i'd be approaching Rovers fans that work in TV and Media, asking for positive support in exchange of lucrative video projects.

Wait a minute...

Had enough of going round in circles in other threads its time to get a definitive answer once and for all. I'm tired of people arguing just say if you're willing to do something and commit to doing it. If you're not willing to do something don't talk about it.

We need to come up with a full list of protest ideas. Either we vote on every single one or we break them down to a second stage of voting. Once we come up with separate categories we can run a poll. Not a conventional poll (more of a tally chart) but one where you include family + friends. Ask them what they are willing to do and then put person A, person B, etc.

If your answer is you're going to do absolutely nothing (or just repeat countless depressing posts) them get off the thread. If you see any posts like that and want to protest in some form report such posts. Also there's already so many refusing to go until Venkys are gone. I don't want that included as it is impossible to get an exact figure and some people will go no matter what anyway. Even if you are staying away at the moment at least choose ONE thing.

Also I've tried to only include things that won't break the law. Mainly because the mods won't allow it.

OK the first question how many different subjects should we start with? How about a maximum of 100? Get them to select numbers 2, 7, 22, 54, etc and then we tally them all together. As I said try and get other people involved (but NO multiple voters please ask people if they are on BRFCS or not) but we don't need to outright name them. Just make sure people don't vote twice.

Some might might want to be public, some might want to be anonymous or at least part of a big group. We need something for EVERYONE. Standing around just chanting won't do anything we need some new material.

1. Boycott a game (This depends on the figure if its only a limited number of fans it won't get attention unless they are outside the ground during the match)

2. Contribute to the cost of advertising in Pune. This could be print, papers, plane, etc. Ideally it would be via 1 crowdfund or a number of crowdfunds. Remember crowdfund includes anonymous donations so if you're a club employee for instance they won't find out!

3. Get as many people as possible to tweet anti-venkys messages EVERY day at the same TIME as often as possible. Sometimes we can target certain accounts such as Venkys India. People will notice if they suddenly see 100 tweets on their timeline. That will get non BRFCS members joining in when they keep seeing it.

4. Others forms of tweets such as "scheduled tweets" though they might be at a cost. Also I think they are more related to advertising but I'm not sure. Lists are an option as well. Some of the people we directly target might just block lots of people. They can't stop people tweeting to only their followers though.

5. Maybe an individual sponsored stunt or a group stunt that would gain major attention.

6. Travel to Pune and...do something more useful than what the fans forum did. Clearly this would need substantial funding and people who don't just want a free holiday.

7. Leaflets (either left somewhere anonymously to avoid abuse from "non protesters" or basically put through letterboxes)

8. Places to protest where we haven't protested yet. For instance Football League HQ. After all Preston isn't far!

9. Picketing.

10. A group of fans to ask Lambert directly what his intentions are. If a group of fans showed up outside Brockhall he might come out and speak.

I said.this.before during the Steve Kean denacle and I still believe it would be effective in getting their attentions, I was laughed at then but just think for a minute.anout the impact. Every Rovers fan who gives a toss write a letter and mail it snail mail. I just cant help but think that would be an eye opener if several thousand letters landed on their doorstep in the.space of a.few.days. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE 144 YEARS OF HISTORY DISAPPEARS.

Mine will be on it's way this evening.

Should have put a picture of Ewood on it and the words...wish you were not here.

Tim Farron the leader of the Liberal Democrats is a Blackburn supporter. He's tweeted in the past that he wants new owners. Maybe we can all tweet him in an attempt for him to publicise our campaign against Venky's?

Yeah one of the few also who spoke out against that other scumbag family responsible.

Archived